Other games

Park Life

I know Mourinho's doing his usual "us against the world" - however, he needs to look at why on such big occasions, his teams always seem to lack discipline.

He's only got himself to blame.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt think they were undisciplined, just not as good technically as Barca. Pepe's sending off was ridiculous and Mourinho was sent to the stands for saying 'well done'. In another game, neither events would have happened.

The most undisciplined event of last night was the 20 second delay between the Pepe tackle, the 11 players chasing and shouting at a referee and then the red card being awarded. The corrupt cheating was too obvious, they should be more disciplined when trying to pull it off :lol:

Edited by ChezGiven

I know Mourinho's doing his usual "us against the world" - however, he needs to look at why on such big occasions, his teams always seem to lack discipline.

He's only got himself to blame.

I don't think in any of the sendings off this season they have been as the result of lack of discipline. My definition of ill disciplined is chasing after the referee like Barcelona do, like Man Utd used to do under Keane's captaincy. Even when he was in England Chelsea's disciplinary record paled in to insignificance compared with Arsenal's.

You've just said he's not overrated, so you agree with all the praise then, which is people rating him, make your mind up!

As for being daft, i'm responsible for my own praise of him not theirs, so if you think its embarassing thats your outlook, and mostly it isn't because he is an amazing player. And Barca play fantastic football, so funilly enough people praise them, don't see why you have such an issue with it to be honest, theres bigger and better things to get worked up about frankly.

Barca and Messi get praise no matter what state they're in is my point, it's non stop adulation deserved at the time or not. Ya know what messi did until those goals? fuck all squared, but for 70minutes you'd have thought he'd levitated over the stadium at some point with some of the comments about his game thus far. (not on here btw just in general between commentators and twitter etcetc)

Affely for instance was decent when he came on, beat marcelo for pace and set up a goal, which was barely acknowledged.

We're we watching the same game? He was all over the pitch. linking play and Real couldn't get near him! Ronaldo on the other hand had 3 freekicks in good positions 2nd half and you know what he did . . . 2 hit the wall at knee height and the other ended up in row Z.

Your comments about him getting better service too :lol: Messi started and finished both goals if you watch them again, the 2nd after beating 5 players and the keeper single handedly. Not sure how that equates to good service?

You've just said he's not overrated, so you agree with all the praise then, which is people rating him, make your mind up!

As for being daft, i'm responsible for my own praise of him not theirs, so if you think its embarassing thats your outlook, and mostly it isn't because he is an amazing player. And Barca play fantastic football, so funilly enough people praise them, don't see why you have such an issue with it to be honest, theres bigger and better things to get worked up about frankly.

Barca and Messi get praise no matter what state they're in is my point, it's non stop adulation deserved at the time or not. Ya know what messi did until those goals? fuck all squared, but for 70minutes you'd have thought he'd levitated over the stadium at some point with some of the comments about his game thus far. (not on here btw just in general between commentators and twitter etcetc)

Affely for instance was decent when he came on, beat marcelo for pace and set up a goal, which was barely acknowledged.

We're we watching the same game? He was all over the pitch. linking play and Real couldn't get near him! Ronaldo on the other hand had 3 freekicks in good positions 2nd half and you know what he did . . . 2 hit the wall at knee height and the other ended up in row Z.

Your comments about him getting better service too :lol: Messi started and finished both goals if you watch them again, the 2nd after beating 5 players and the keeper single handedly. Not sure how that equates to good service?

:razz: :razz: :D :D Five :lol: Two at the most Diarra didn't even attempt to make a tackle he puts his hands in the air like a Compton dealer surrounded by LAOB

:razz: :razz: :D :D Five :lol: Two at the most Diarra didn't even attempt to make a tackle he puts his hands in the air like a Compton dealer surrounded by LAOB

Count them!

Having already sprinted 30 metres and beaten 3 men to get to the edge of the box in the dying minutes most strikers would have a crack. He had the time/space to shoot there, but took on another 2 to slide it past the keeper instead. Not his best goal. but pretty good.

IMO there's a difference between "beating" and "running past" - former 2, latter 5.

"Beat" 2, "ran past" 3, danced around all 5. :lol:

It was a really excellent goal but not quite worth the jizzfest - of course knowing that a player can't tackle you and using that to motor past him is great to watch but it's not quite as good as implied by "beat 5 men" - just saying.

The semantics brigade can get to fuck. That goal was fucking sublime last night and the people arguing otherwise are making themselves look stupid.

I thought it was a great goal like. Partly because of the circumstances but Brazil's 4th in the 1970 World Cup final wouldn't have been the same against the Killy Arms on a Sunday morning so I think that's a moot point too.

Count them!

I have he beats two men, absolutely woeful defending. He doesn't score that against a good defence, and probably doesn't against a side with eleven men.

IMO there's a difference between "beating" and "running past" - former 2, latter 5.

"Beat" 2, "ran past" 3, danced around all 5. :lol:

It was a really excellent goal but not quite worth the jizzfest - of course knowing that a player can't tackle you and using that to motor past him is great to watch but it's not quite as good as implied by "beat 5 men" - just saying.

Exactly. See if Owen Hargreaves or a Mark Noble scores the goal, it gets voted third best goal of the week, it's Messi so it's from another world and it's the usual chimps you'd expect losing jizz over this goal.

Its ridiculous how many hilarious things happened in just one season. Far too many to pick out.

Ahhh, my beloved local league.

That honestly had me giggling like an idiot. Tears in my eyes and everything. Many thanks ...