Other games

Park Life

IMO there's a difference between "beating" and "running past" - former 2, latter 5.

"Beat" 2, "ran past" 3, danced around all 5. :lol:

It was a really excellent goal but not quite worth the jizzfest - of course knowing that a player can't tackle you and using that to motor past him is great to watch but it's not quite as good as implied by "beat 5 men" - just saying.

Exactly. See if Owen Hargreaves or a Mark Noble scores the goal, it gets voted third best goal of the week, it's Messi so it's from another world and it's the usual chimps you'd expect losing jizz over this goal.

You're talking shite Stevie. And on top of that, Messi makes a habit out of scoring goals like that, other players maybe score one of those in a lifetime

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO there's a difference between "beating" and "running past" - former 2, latter 5.

"Beat" 2, "ran past" 3, danced around all 5. :lol:

It was a really excellent goal but not quite worth the jizzfest - of course knowing that a player can't tackle you and using that to motor past him is great to watch but it's not quite as good as implied by "beat 5 men" - just saying.

Exactly. See if Owen Hargreaves or a Mark Noble scores the goal, it gets voted third best goal of the week, it's Messi so it's from another world and it's the usual chimps you'd expect losing jizz over this goal.

You're talking shite Stevie. And on top of that, Messi makes a habit out of scoring goals like that, other players maybe score one of those in a lifetime

Fuck off you doilum*. I'm not talking shite, it was a good goal, it wasn't one to cause car crashes, and is only being talked about it in these terms because it's Messi. Impressionable young people watching TV are taken by Andy Townsend's and Peter Dreary's pish.

* see my comments about the usual chimps and what I expected them to say about this goal.

Messi is one of the finest footballers I have ever seen. Unlike most of the modern players he can actually ride a tackle and not go down at the merest breath of wind. In fact he probably could have survived as an excellent player in ages past mainly becasue of that aforementioned ability.

For anyone whinging about diving/cheating, its just an entrenched part of the modern game that is practiced by every professional on the planet and is sadly accepted.

Edited by Toonpack

If Tiote scored that goal Stevie would be spunking buckets.

See I'd say aye great goal, but not as good as the Arsenal goal and no where near the to 20 goals I've seen in the flesh. It's like people have just started watching football, it was CRIMINALLY bad defending. George Best wouldn't have scored that goal because there's no that much skill involved not many dummies he just changes direction at pace which you could argue is a skill in itself, but Best wouldn't have scored that goal because in them days and even the 80's he would've been chopped down, four or five times, it was like they were frightened to put a tackle in. Even though you're basically give a year or two my age, I put you in the Y.A.I. brigade too mate.

Edited by McFaul

See I'd say aye great goal, but not as good as the Arsenal goal and no where near the to 20 goals I've seen in the flesh. It's like people have just started watching football, it was CRIMINALLY bad defending. George Best wouldn't have scored that goal because there's no that much skill involved not many dummies he just changes direction at pace which you could argue is a skill in itself, but Best wouldn't have scored that goal because in them days and even the 80's he would've been chopped down, four or five times, it was like they were frightened to put a tackle in. Even though you're basically give a year or two my age, I put you in the Y.A.I. brigade too mate.

I've said Townsend talks shite, Messi did nowt until Real went down to 10 men and basically agreed it was a good goal but no more.

Clearly I'm impressionable by you.

:lol:

I think you're going as overboard in the opposite direction as anyone is about it being the greatest goal ever though. Show me Mark Noble or Owen Hargreaves scoring a similar goal. Daft comparison imo.

I've said Townsend talks shite, Messi did nowt until Real went down to 10 men and basically agreed it was a good goal but no more.

Clearly I'm impressionable by you.

:lol:

I think you're going as overboard in the opposite direction as anyone is about it being the greatest goal ever though. Show me Mark Noble or Owen Hargreaves scoring a similar goal. Daft comparison imo.

tbh

Actually heres a better question if messi's goal was sooooo brilliant

same tournament ,same year, group stages, Lowly Fc Basel away to Roma.

watch the video or skip to Basel's 3rd goal by Cabral (34secs onwards)... where's his thread eh?, gets through a few challenges, calmly slots it home to seal a 3-1 win, against 11 men and a strong Italian team

Group stage game, two teams who rarely if ever play eachother, already ahead of an above average Italian team. A player who is unknown bursting through against opponents who are underwhelming him. It's a great goal, but not the same as the one Messi scored.

Both Messi's goals were superbly taken and executed in the Classico. Who's to say if Pepe hadn't been sent off that Messi wouldn't have glided past him too? Maybe Pepe would have stopped him, or maybe Messi would've gone past him too.

You just knew the moment he had the chance to run at the defenders, something was going to happen. When I was watching it, the moment he got the ball, I thought 'goal'. That's the quality player he is; you know he has that little something special that he can access with frightening regularity. Besides, he scored yet again in one of the fiercest rivalries in world football against one of the best teams in the world. What more could the defenders have done? They couldn't foul him because he was far too agile. You can tell they aren't comfortable playing against him because he's put several past them this season and that causes mistakes.

It's not the best goal ever scored sure, but the way you're arguing against it, it's as if he's scored a tap in that bounced off his arse. :lol:

Good goal like, but there's no doubt the commentators made a huge deal of it cos they desperately want to have been commentating on unforgettable moments. The defending wasn't great and the way the commentators went on was cringeworthy.

Speaking of which, look at these tits on the telly decked out in union jacks. Aussie bird there would have got it though.

See I'd say aye great goal, but not as good as the Arsenal goal and no where near the to 20 goals I've seen in the flesh.

In my case quite a few scored by Beardsley.

Though McGhee's versus Bradford come instantly to mind as a goal that pissed all over last nights.

Porto are something else.

5-1 tonight against Villarreal.

Aye watched this one, fantastic turnaround. 16 goals in the Europa League for Falcao; beats Klinsmann's record.

Simply awesome attacking team.

Half expecting Ant to pop up and say they're average now. :lol: