Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Okay, I presume you acknowledged my being right mind, unless you agree that Hernandez has parts of his game other than a finish...

Course you're not right, you dolt. Hernandez has touch, vision, movement, guile, clarity of thought and the skill to put thought into action. He's a very good poacher and will score buckets of goals. It's not just tapping the ball in, it's being in the right place, it's shaking off your marker, it's so much more than just ball to foot.

Nonsense, not right? Let me guess, Carrick is amazing too? :lol: "Oh he plays for Manchester United he must be great" :rolleyes: Nerhhhh, most of his goals end up being from deflections anyway. Fuck me, Hernandez is overrated

:lol: Okay, I presume you acknowledged my being right mind, unless you agree that Hernandez has parts of his game other than a finish...

Course you're not right, you dolt. Hernandez has touch, vision, movement, guile, clarity of thought and the skill to put thought into action. He's a very good poacher and will score buckets of goals. It's not just tapping the ball in, it's being in the right place, it's shaking off your marker, it's so much more than just ball to foot.

you forgot pace

Johnson involved in all citys goals so far

cue MOTD "why doesnt mancini use him more etc etc" despite the fact Mancini has had him featuring in most games when hes been fit

Nonsense, not right? Let me guess, Carrick is amazing too? :lol: "Oh he plays for Manchester United he must be great" :rolleyes: Nerhhhh, most of his goals end up being from deflections anyway. Fuck me, Hernandez is overrated

? Who mentioned Carrick?

I think you don't have a clue. Your next post will make it clear

? Who mentioned Carrick?

The Carrick thing is relevant to the faux-quote I said after. I don't think Carrick's a good player but apparently he "puts in a shift" because he plays for Manchester United. Similarly I think Hernandez is over-rated, and if he was playing in Bolton and not banging em in as regularly he'd have absolutely nowhere near the same amount of meck outs going on as if he's World Class, as opposed to just having good timing. Playing alongside Rooney and Man U's midfield (Carrick exempt) gives you a lot of chances, and yes his positioning is good, and yes he can apply a finish, and yes he scores a lot in the Gold Cup against the likes of Nicaragua for Mexico, still don't think he's as good as most people meck out.

? Who mentioned Carrick?

The Carrick thing is relevant to the faux-quote I said after. I don't think Carrick's a good player but apparently he "puts in a shift" because he plays for Manchester United. Similarly I think Hernandez is over-rated, and if he was playing in Bolton and not banging em in as regularly he'd have absolutely nowhere near the same amount of meck outs going on as if he's World Class, as opposed to just having good timing. Playing alongside Rooney and Man U's midfield (Carrick exempt) gives you a lot of chances, and yes his positioning is good, and yes he can apply a finish, and yes he scores a lot in the Gold Cup against the likes of Nicaragua for Mexico, still don't think he's as good as most people meck out.

Saying that he wouldn't score as many goals if he played for Bolton is a terrible argument. Which world class players do you expect would score the same amount of goals for Bolton that they would for Man United?

? Who mentioned Carrick?

Saying that he wouldn't score as many goals if he played for Bolton is a terrible argument. Which world class players do you expect would score the same amount of goals for Bolton that they would for Man United?

and the word is "make"

Clee, the problem is that I haven't seen anyone saying he's "world class", nor has anyone said that Carrick is a worthwhile comparison.

Hernandez is a very good footballer, who will score a lot of goals. How would he fair at Bolton? No he wouldn't score as many, but he'd still get 15 imo. I'm not sure what your issue is. I mean, nobody has called him "world class", because the number of actually world class players is so small of course he wouldn't get in amongst them. Nobody has said that Carrick is good because he plays for Man U, so where has that come from?

basically I think you don't rate Hernandez because he's not an Henry, a Shearer or whatever. He's a Lineker, a Nistlerooy.. he's someone who will score an absolute shit load of goals inside the box and there is an art to doing that.

My point about Bolton wasn't that he wouldn't score as many, that's obvious, what I meant was, let's say he would score 10 in 20 at Bolton and 15 in 20 at Man U, I personally think it's a similar achievement, but the media would in no way lick his arse in the same way as they did before, therefore he's over-rated, and i've met a whole load of Man United fans dropping the World Class bomb. I know a lot of people who think the likes of Carrick are better than anyone in the Newcastle squad, and have no real evidence other than the teams they play for. I never see Hernandez in games other than when he pops up to score, I know that's his point, but i've never warmed to that sort of player. I would much prefer having a player who scores less but contributes more to the general play, and these players are always thought of as shit. Look at Emile Heskey (not that i'm comparing the two at the minute), he's under-rated because his game isn't just about scoring, and people take the piss out of him forgetting that he's still one of the Premier Leagues highest goal-scorers and an array of England strikers said he helped them play better. Hernandez is just what Manchester United need, having Rooney to do the dirty work, but it doesn't disguise the fact that he's vastly over-rated by the media because of who he plays for.

My point about Bolton wasn't that he wouldn't score as many, that's obvious, what I meant was, let's say he would score 10 in 20 at Bolton and 15 in 20 at Man U, I personally think it's a similar achievement, but the media would in no way lick his arse in the same way as they did before, therefore he's over-rated, and i've met a whole load of Man United fans dropping the World Class bomb. I know a lot of people who think the likes of Carrick are better than anyone in the Newcastle squad, and have no real evidence other than the teams they play for. I never see Hernandez in games other than when he pops up to score, I know that's his point, but i've never warmed to that sort of player. I would much prefer having a player who scores less but contributes more to the general play, and these players are always thought of as shit. Look at Emile Heskey (not that i'm comparing the two at the minute), he's under-rated because his game isn't just about scoring, and people take the piss out of him forgetting that he's still one of the Premier Leagues highest goal-scorers and an array of England strikers said he helped them play better. Hernandez is just what Manchester United need, having Rooney to do the dirty work, but it doesn't disguise the fact that he's vastly over-rated by the media because of who he plays for.

You're unequivocally wrong, but that's ok, you're young.

You're anecdotal evidence of "people" thinking Carrick is better than anyone in the Newcastle squad means either a) you're making shit up, or 2) the people you've spoken to are stupid, so stupid I wouldn't trust them with scissors/

I believe that Hernandez would get the same praise as, say, Cabaye if he were in a different team, lower down the league.

I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows.

You're unequivocally wrong, but that's ok, you're young.

You're anecdotal evidence of "people" thinking Carrick is better than anyone in the Newcastle squad means either a) you're making shit up, or 2) the people you've spoken to are stupid, so stupid I wouldn't trust them with scissors/

I believe that Hernandez would get the same praise as, say, Cabaye if he were in a different team, lower down the league.

I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows.

I've met loads of people who think similarly, and Carrick gets a load of praise in the media, and its always that same sort of bullshit "Put in a shift", "Played his socks off". Hernandez, Carrick, Fletcher, Barry etc. Theres a lot of players who get over-rated based on who they play for, and those 4 players are the main culprits. None of those players are bad per se, but there's heaps of players in other teams that are under-rated at the same time. For every Carrick there's a Dempsey etc etc etc

I like that idiom mind.

aye it does

Just looking at the league and spurs have conceded 6 more than us despite playing 1 less match and for all their "international quality" or whatever pardoo called it have only got 2 more goals, now tomorrow theyre without VDV and Adebayor

we can win this and do it well im sure of it

aye it does

Just looking at the league and spurs have conceded 6 more than us despite playing 1 less match and for all their "international quality" or whatever pardoo called it have only got 2 more goals, now tomorrow theyre without VDV and Adebayor

No, no, no. When will people learn. The more we stuff ourselves with hope, the more crushing the disappointment. We're football fans, not 14yr old girls.

Their games have been against much better opposition. Both Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Let's not get carried away. We are playing well and we are looking good, however they're still a good team and, imo, our toughest test to date.

aye it does

No, no, no. When will people learn. The more we stuff ourselves with hope, the more crushing the disappointment. We're football fans, not 14yr old girls.

Their games have been against much better opposition. Both Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Let's not get carried away. We are playing well and we are looking good, however they're still a good team and, imo, our toughest test to date.

Fuck off ill hope if I want to :razz:

I have no doubt this will be our toughest test so far, does that mean I can't think well win anyway?

Evra accuses Suarez of racism.

The United captain for Saturday's 1-1 draw at Anfield is reported to have told media in his native France that Suarez directed insults at him during the match.

And it has since been confirmed the FA is examining the claims after referee Andre Marriner was also made aware of them.

A statement late on Saturday night read: "The Football Association have this evening been made aware of an incident that is alleged to have occurred during the Liverpool versus Manchester United fixture at Anfield today.

"Referee Andre Marriner was made aware of an allegation at the end of the fixture and subsequently reported this to the FA.

"The FA will now begin making enquiries into the matter."

A Liverpool spokesman said that Uruguay international Suarez has "categorically denied'' the allegation.

But Evra told French media that the Liverpool No.7 had been trying "to try to wind me up" and that "there are cameras, you can see him say a certain word to me at least 10 times. There is no place for that in 2011."