Other games

Park Life

:lol:

I see many compare Mata and Silva. I think the comparison is pointless. Silva is light years ahead of Mata. Mata is a very good player but overrated because he's new to the league. Silva is genuinely the best player in the PL.

Silva is light years ahead of any player in England.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly let's get it out the way, yes, I'm bitter.

Bitter, but I'm also proud. Proud to support a team that has worked it's way up to the top of the footballing world through years of success. We are a footballing force respected the world over for the hard work that has gone into our achievements. Yes, we've spent a few bob along the way but we've also earned every single penny of that through money that is directly related to our hardwork and performances on the field. Every penny we spend isn't a sign of us "buying a title" it's a sign of our success in the past.

I love the rivalry we have with Liverpool, I hate them, but I respect them. The same went with Leeds a few years back and Arsenal now.

I don't have a single ounce of respect for you, nor Chelsea, both your team's "success" have nothing to do with any sort of hard work that has been put in over the years, it has nothing to do with any talent your coaches have produced nor with talent born anywhere near your club.

So, if you go on and win the league this season or next season, I'll be smiling in the knowledge that deep down, you know you can't really be proud of your team. Not like a United, Liverpool or Arsenal can of their team. So it doesn't matter how successful you are from here on in, you'll never have any real respect from any neutrals and it'll never feel anything like how we feel when we win something. All you'll have is the same empty feeling like when you are struggling on Football Manager so you edit the game to give to a few hundred millions, any success after that just feels wrong.

Great post by a Man Utd fan here, agree with every word, and I'll also say that our relative success in the mid 90's and early 00's was entirely funded by our business, our fanbase and our hard work. Man City are the scum of football, in so many ways.

Jews 1 Arabs 3. :lol:

Believe me the ManU moaning is about to begin.

They have had youth product but so have ManC and the new ManC development zone for youth will rival the best in the world.

Edited by Park Life

Honestly, I will give Manchester United credit for becoming the best team in the league, but for a good number of years now they have been vacuuming the premier league for the best talents the same way Real Madrid and Barcelona have done in La Liga. City have taken a different approach and - granted - an easier one, by spending redicilous amounts of money, but Manchester United are by no means the billy homegrown of fotball clubs either. Since the 93-generation they have consistently robbed other teams frequently and repeatedly to maintain their position.

Honestly, I will give Manchester United credit for becoming the best team in the league, but for a good number of years now they have been vacuuming the premier league for the best talents the same way Real Madrid and Barcelona have done in La Liga. City have taken a different approach and - granted - an easier one, by spending redicilous amounts of money, but Manchester United are by no means the billy homegrown of fotball clubs either. Since the 93-generation they have consistently robbed other teams frequently and repeatedly to maintain their position.

Richards, Kompany and 4 or 5 others that were playing before the mega spend came through their youth system.

And you're right ManU have been spending 50m a year on average most seasons and hoovering up all the talent as have Chelsea.

I think part of the malevolence directed towards City is due to the fact that they have successfully spent money in terms of turning a Europe-side into genuine title challengers.

If you look at Liverpool they have spent insane amounts of money without getting much bang for the buck, thus they are not "becoming successful due to purchases".

Ironically they are amongst the worst to slag city... while they are paying premium money for triple-decker shit sandwiches transferwise..

I think part of the malevolence directed towards City is due to the fact that they have successfully spent money in terms of turning a Europe-side into genuine title challengers.

If you look at Liverpool they have spent insane amounts of money without getting much bang for the buck, thus they are not "becoming successful due to purchases".

Ironically they are amongst the worst to slag city... while they are paying premium money for triple-decker shit sandwiches transferwise..

agree with that, and chelsea chucked down 50 million on Torres last season but because he hasn't aboslutely fired for them its been forgotten so people can have a pop at city instead

Guest CabayeAye

agree with that, and chelsea chucked down 50 million on Torres last season but because he hasn't aboslutely fired for them its been forgotten so people can have a pop at city instead

Torres hasn't fired for Chelsea at all!

really that was my point...

Guest CabayeAye

really that was my point...

Ahh, you were using the power of understatement? What literary sorcery! :D

Bitter, but I'm also proud. Proud to support a team that has worked it's way up to the top of the footballing world through years of success. We are a footballing force respected the world over for the hard work that has gone into our achievements. Yes, we've spent a few bob along the way but we've also earned every single penny of that through money that is directly related to our hardwork and performances on the field. Every penny we spend isn't a sign of us "buying a title" it's a sign of our success in the past.

I love the rivalry we have with Liverpool, I hate them, but I respect them. The same went with Leeds a few years back and Arsenal now.

I don't have a single ounce of respect for you, nor Chelsea, both your team's "success" have nothing to do with any sort of hard work that has been put in over the years, it has nothing to do with any talent your coaches have produced nor with talent born anywhere near your club.

So, if you go on and win the league this season or next season, I'll be smiling in the knowledge that deep down, you know you can't really be proud of your team. Not like a United, Liverpool or Arsenal can of their team. So it doesn't matter how successful you are from here on in, you'll never have any real respect from any neutrals and it'll never feel anything like how we feel when we win something. All you'll have is the same empty feeling like when you are struggling on Football Manager so you edit the game to give to a few hundred millions, any success after that just feels wrong.

Great post by a Man Utd fan here, agree with every word, and I'll also say that our relative success in the mid 90's and early 00's was entirely funded by our business, our fanbase and our hard work. Man City are the scum of football, in so many ways.

:icon_lol:

What a load of moaning, sanctimonious, steaming pile of shite from that Man U kid!

Every successful club in its past has had its backers, and if a Man U fan thinks Man U haven't bought or tried to buy titles he's in fucking cloud cuckoo land. They spent 26 years trying to do it but never managed it. Ah! but it was their own generated money! Was it? At a time when there was no money in the game Man U didn't do too badly for backers, Liverpool had the pools dynasty on their board and a few managers who built steady, year in, year out. I tell you what, you think Man U would've respected us had we won the title? No, we would,ve bought the title too. Sugar Daddy Hall would've bought it for us, (according to them). If Man U are so fucking massive and generate their own wealth which is true NOW, then its been made when great wealth has went to clubs in the right place, at the right time. You could just as easy say to a Man U fan, that they had built a decent side in the late fifties but owe their universal appeal to a tragic plane crash when football supporters weren't so partisan.

Do I like Man City's leap through Arab money? No, course not, same as Chelsea. But to hear moaning from these cunts is music to my ears. And he's talking out of his arse about Leeds. Leeds are not as big as Man City.

Ant said all fans would like to be in City's place, course they would. Bet they'd prefer to be in Man U's place. Something more.. I don't know, respectable, about how they've attained their success.

City's owners will get bored and unless they establish the same kind of legacy that Ferguson has, their success will be short lived.

saw it at the time and again on MOTD now and I still dont think that QPR should have got the pen they did

Its one of those where its a push in the back so should be a foul and thus a pen, but is so often not given when its in the box that you feel a bit hard done to when you cop one. There was about 2 or 3 more similar or worse fouls in the box in the same game that weren't given

:icon_lol:

What a load of moaning, sanctimonious, steaming pile of shite from that Man U kid!

Every successful club in its past has had its backers, and if a Man U fan thinks Man U haven't bought or tried to buy titles he's in fucking cloud cuckoo land. They spent 26 years trying to do it but never managed it. Ah! but it was their own generated money! Was it? At a time when there was no money in the game Man U didn't do too badly for backers, Liverpool had the pools dynasty on their board and a few managers who built steady, year in, year out. I tell you what, you think Man U would've respected us had we won the title? No, we would,ve bought the title too. Sugar Daddy Hall would've bought it for us, (according to them). If Man U are so fucking massive and generate their own wealth which is true NOW, then its been made when great wealth has went to clubs in the right place, at the right time. You could just as easy say to a Man U fan, that they had built a decent side in the late fifties but owe their universal appeal to a tragic plane crash when football supporters weren't so partisan.

Do I like Man City's leap through Arab money? No, course not, same as Chelsea. But to hear moaning from these cunts is music to my ears. And he's talking out of his arse about Leeds. Leeds are not as big as Man City.

Aye same here.

There is no arrogance in world football to rival the arrogance of Man U fans. It is all to do with being the country's media darlings for the last half century and it is the very epitome of a divine-right mentality.

City are spending money that has absolutely nowt to do with the club's own natural resource base, but so fucking what-that's an issue for all of modern football, not just Man U. On the other hand, City haven't had a completely-free-of -charge national media PR machine for the last 50 years as Man U have. "United" this, "United" that, no wonder Man U can afford to spend more 'within their own means' if every five year old in the country is wanting a Man U home and away shirt every season because they don't even hear "United" are from Manchester. To those kids, "United" are the the de facto national team.

The comment about it not meaning the same to City fans if/when they win something 'compared to them' is the most deluded/arrogant statement of all though. If City won the title, in terms of what it means to their fans it'll eclipse any enjoyment Man U have derived from a title since '93-and they know that fine well which is precisely why they're trying to come out with that shite as early as now. :lol:

Anyway to be fair today, to keep it in it's proper context Man C just had the better players and were scoring 5-a-side goals and it was hilarious to watch OT emptying in humiliation as they need a dose of humility. Man U should still be favourites for the league though as Fergie doesn't worry at all about losing games like this or Liverpool?Chelsea etc etc, he knows over a season Man U will beat the inferior teams that Man C are more than capable of not turning up against, so it's just a case of enjoying it for what it is, and that was a good old fashioned dry bumming in their own back yard. :)

saw it at the time and again on MOTD now and I still dont think that QPR should have got the pen they did

Its one of those where its a push in the back so should be a foul and thus a pen, but is so often not given when its in the box that you feel a bit hard done to when you cop one. There was about 2 or 3 more similar or worse fouls in the box in the same game that weren't given

what annoys me about it is that when the ball was on its way down in the first place Helguson gave Luiz a shove but because Luiz didnt throw himself to the ground it played on but Helguson flopped like Ali had smashed him in the face so it was a pen

what annoys me about it is that when the ball was on its way down in the first place Helguson gave Luiz a shove but because Luiz didnt throw himself to the ground it played on but Helguson flopped like Ali had smashed him in the face so it was a pen

Yeah, its more or less what Barton was saying a while back, that because alot of players dive and cheat, if your team doesn't then refs give you less decisions so you end up having to join in to get your fare share. This could all be cut out if they used retrospective video punishment for diving and injury feigning cheats as the cost would far out weight the benefit of sometimes getting a freekick of pen.

Richards, Kompany and 4 or 5 others that were playing before the mega spend came through their youth system.

And you're right ManU have been spending 50m a year on average most seasons and hoovering up all the talent as have Chelsea.

The Kompany they bought from Hamburg? All these clubs spend mega bucks it's what's needed to be a top team nowadays, agree that Man U fans can't use it as some attack on Man City fans especially as a lot of their youth players are poached from other clubs now. City worry them and rightly so tbh, also agree on the point that we'd all love to be in the position Man City are in now (Man Utd fans too with their whackjob of an owner).

Edited by Barton7

Silva is world class, reminiscent of Ruel Fox but left-footed.

how the fuck is he anything like ruel fox apart from in terms of height. fox was a jobbing winger. david silva is a world cup winning attacking midfielder who is playing the best football i've seen anyone play in his position, for years (and yes that includes fabregas).....

I was joking of course, Silva is nowhere near as good as Ruel Fox was.