Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking tired of the 'Arry, Scotty and Spurs love-in, mind.

100% record against teams outside the top 3. Look set up well.....despite CTs prediction of relegation ;)

What did I just say?

I tell you what it is, I've seen sides beaten 6-0 8-2 6-1 this season, but THAT was probably the most cowardly display I've seen off a Premiership team in 2 or 3 years. In some ways it was reminiscent of our relegation season. They just had no desire to do ANYTHING positive, nervous in possession, their most gifted attacking player has been their worst this season, marooned on the bench. I tell you what it is, when you get the calculator out, it could be a glorious sum which comes out. Normally I wouldn't care less but May 2009 will never be forgotten and the difference between us and them is, no one would miss them, everyone missed us, the whole Premiership was significantly more boring for our absence. Villa they'd average about 19 or 20,000 and could well stay there for years with their similarly boring voiced blue neighbours. I can dream.

That so much was made of our return by SKY and the Beeb goes to show that we're an important player on the Premier League stage. Even if we're not fighting for the title we're a massive draw. Every fan wants to have at least one away day at Newcastle, every team enjoys it when the Geordies comes to visit.

You watch, if Birmingham get back this season, or West Ham, there won't be half the fuss made.

media will go mad over west ham tbh, especially with Allardyce in charge

Doubt it. Yoyo club West Ham. Us being in the Championship was when like George Best signed a 6 game contract with Dunstable, West Ham are a lower Prem, higher Champ type of club.

media will go mad over west ham tbh, especially with Allardyce in charge

I don't see it, they're not coming up as champions and they're not exactly dominating the league. They'll be welcomed back, but the way SKY and the BBC carried on, it was like they both believed the Premier League was poorer without us, despite the team turning in some fucking abject performances. We went down with a whimper, but came back with a bang. West Ham, if they do come back, will stutter and stumble over the line via play-offs and I am willing to bet little will be made of their return.

I tell you what it is, I've seen sides beaten 6-0 8-2 6-1 this season, but THAT was probably the most cowardly display I've seen off a Premiership team in 2 or 3 years. In some ways it was reminiscent of our relegation season. They just had no desire to do ANYTHING positive, nervous in possession, their most gifted attacking player has been their worst this season, marooned on the bench. I tell you what it is, when you get the calculator out, it could be a glorious sum which comes out. Normally I wouldn't care less but May 2009 will never be forgotten and the difference between us and them is, no one would miss them, everyone missed us, the whole Premiership was significantly more boring for our absence. Villa they'd average about 19 or 20,000 and could well stay there for years with their similarly boring voiced blue neighbours. I can dream.

I've got a tenner on them going down at 16s :lol:

That was terrible from Villa, their defending was shocking and they had no drive whatsoever, they basically rolled over for Spurs.

Hopefully McLeish does the Birmingham double!

Spurs look a quality outfit tbf. Their midfield and front two would get into most teams with the exception of Parker. Still think he's one of the most over rated players out there.

The Tottenham model is a good one like. They are not a bigger club than we are, they're marginally richer but that's a recent thing and to be honest, when you look at how finished Chelsea are, I don't think it's entirely wrong to say they on paper are the third best side in the country. They're much better than Liverpool, as I said Chelsea look old and need at least 5 new players imo, Arsenal don't have their depth, seriously as much as their support is wank, and they're a bunch of mugs if you look at their players you'd say they could come third this season. For me take Corluka, he's an absolutely top class right back in my view and he can't even get in, Defoe rarely starts, Pavlyuchenko never starts, Bassong, Gallas, Huddlestone is a very gifted player, Krankcjar and nen of these even start games. I think they have the third best side personally, I can see this seasons pecking order (and next season) being 1 Man Utd 2 Man City 3 Tottenham 4 Arsenal 5 Chelsea 6 Liverpool 7 Newcastle 8 Everton 9 Fulham 10 WBA.

The Spurs model is the same as the model we had 10 years ago. Lots of overpaid players and zero success. They must be losing a fortune each season. One bad year for them and they could do a Leeds imo

:lol:

I love J69's football knowledge.

The Spurs model is the same as the model we had 10 years ago. Lots of overpaid players and zero success. They must be losing a fortune each season. One bad year for them and they could do a Leeds imo

The Spurs players aren't overpaid though, they have a fairly rigid wage structure and a good wages/turnover ratio.

And they'll not do a Leeds seeing as their owner is worth around £3bn.

Spurs are operating within their means; they can spend big because they're selling well.

If Redknapp's ticker can't cope anymore or he gets the England job, they'll find it incredibly difficult to replace him. He's the main reason they went from also-rans to a more competitive team.

I hate all this shit now though that comes each season about them being outside shots for the title. They're nowhere near good enough to mount a serious title challenge, nor do I think they will be. They are the most likely to overtake Chelsea and Arsenal into the top 3 teams however.

From what Im told Harry just picks the best starting 11 and then lets them loose on the pitch. Very laissez-faire and by the sounds of it should not be that hard to replicate for a skilled manager... Unless he starts implementing his own tactics and that way screw up the team somehow... perhaps just letting them play fotball is excactly how `arry is so successful. Fuck knows..

And raked in 350 mill last year on their CL run. Zero success.. that would be beating Milan and reaching the quarter-finals on the first attempt then?

:unsure:

or was it 35 mill? Maybe I read about it in a Norwegian newspaper, 1 pound = 10 norwegian kroners... my apologies :lol:

And raked in 350 mill last year on their CL run. Zero success.. that would be beating Milan and reaching the quarter-finals on the first attempt then?

:unsure:

or was it 35 mill? Maybe I read about it in a Norwegian newspaper, 1 pound = 10 norwegian kroners... my apologies :lol:

Don't apologise everyone knew what you meant, the kid is a prick.

Aye that'd be right :lol:

2005 - £4.2 Million Profit

2006 - £1.6 Million Loss

2007 - £19.2 Million Profit

2008 - £1.0 Million Profit

2009 - £23.2 Million Profit

2010 - £6.6 Million Loss

Well there must be some creative accounting going on either on Spurs side or our side. Our wage bill must be a lot lower than Spurs yet with player sales and 48k through the gates each home game we are still making a loss apparently. Over the last 3 or 4 years spurs have spent fucking fortunes on the transfers and wages of

Keane

Bassong

Woodgate

Krancjar

Pavluychenko

Defoe

Bentley

Palacious

Gomes

Hutton

Dos Santos

VDV

Adebayor

Dawson

Huddlestone

Corluka

Kaboul

Crouch

Gallas

Bale

As for getting to the 1/4 finals of the Champions League once. How the fuck is that success? They have won 1 league cup in 2008, currently sit 3rd in their Europa League group.

Spurs are operating within their means; they can spend big because they're selling well.

If Redknapp's ticker can't cope anymore or he gets the England job, they'll find it incredibly difficult to replace him. He's the main reason they went from also-rans to a more competitive team.

I hate all this shit now though that comes each season about them being outside shots for the title. They're nowhere near good enough to mount a serious title challenge, nor do I think they will be. They are the most likely to overtake Chelsea and Arsenal into the top 3 teams however.

Exactly, one good game against a woeful Villa and Arry is talking about winning the league. :lol: