Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get what all the fuss is about with John Terry lifting the trophy. What we may think of him as a person is a different issue.

He's the club captain, he's an integral part of the team, he's spent his career there and he's adored by most Chelsea fans

If Alan Shearer or Kevin Keegan had done the same thing for Newcastle would anyone be complaining?

Frank Lampard was the captain on the night. And the lads on the pitch are the ones who actually won that trophy by beating Bayern. If Terry had anything about him, he would have realised that and when the idea of getting him up to lift the trophy was floated around, he would have declined. As much as he loves himself, I'm pretty sure Shearer wouldn't turn up to a game he's not playing in in his full kit, and want to be the first to lift the trophy for a game he never played in. Particularly if he wasn't playing because of his own fucking stupidity. He was suspended for violent conduct and there he is fucking prancing about in his kit. :lol:

It's absurd.

Aye :lol:

Oh and for those looking for a football fix the coppa italia - Juventus vs Napoli is at 7.45pm tonight - I think it's on ESPN.

Eden Hazard will announce which club he will be joining after the Lille match today apparently. Would love him to say "spurs...........................................................................................................but seriously, it's man city"

Eden Hazard will announce which club he will be joining after the Lille match today apparently. Would love him to say "spurs...........................................................................................................but seriously, it's man city"

:D Would be mint. He's already said that he will play in Manchester next season, but didn't say if it's Citeh or Yoonited.

If Yaya is going, I can't imgaine Man U could out-bid Man City wage-wise

Nobody could outbid them wage wise, if Yaya stays or not doesn't really matter.

Hazard needs to get his head sorted out, seems like a right tit. Bit like Bendtner - serious potential but a terrible attitude.

I'll put my CT fedora on and say he won't cut it in the premiership.

All this 'ooo who am I going to sign for?' cryptic crap.

He's hardly been acting the model professional considering he's contracted to Lille. He'll come to one of the Manchester teams on a massive wage and not give a shit before he goes back to France with PSG the only club affording to take him on.

All very well shining in the French league but it's nowhere near the standard of the Premiership.

how much has he actually said on it? other than this today, it was well understood when Cabaye came to us that he was saying his goodbyes/playing his last game for lille

theres been speculation on him from others for ages but I dont remember a lot of interviews with Hazard himself

All this 'ooo who am I going to sign for?' cryptic crap.

He's hardly been acting the model professional considering he's contracted to Lille. He'll come to one of the Manchester teams on a massive wage and not give a shit before he goes back to France with PSG the only club affording to take him on.

All very well shining in the French league but it's nowhere near the standard of the Premiership.

Ben Arfa acted a lot more unprofessional than Hazard did. I think you're being extremely harsh on his character as well as his ability.

Nobody could outbid them wage wise, if Yaya stays or not doesn't really matter.
Fair point, but I meant it might steel their hand a little.

Hazard needs to get his head sorted out, seems like a right tit. Bit like Bendtner - serious potential but a terrible attitude. I'll put my CT fedora on and say he won't cut it in the premiership.

Another Robinho?

how much has he actually said on it? other than this today, it was well understood when Cabaye came to us that he was saying his goodbyes/playing his last game for lille

theres been speculation on him from others for ages but I dont remember a lot of interviews with Hazard himself

October 31

"I feel ready to make it to the next level in a great club," Hazard told L'Equipe.

"I stayed in Lille this season because there were still things I had to work on, things to prove. But now, I'm ready."

Nov 1 -

"Inter made me an interesting offer in the summer, but there was still some uncertainty regarding the choice of coach and we didn't know whether (Wesley) Sneijder and (Samuel) Eto'o were going to stay," Hazard told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Hazard added: "But it's not just Inter, Milan [AC] have shown an interest as well. They proposed that I stay at Lille and then sit down for serious talks at the end of the season.

"I feel ready to join a major club. In any case I won't be staying in France."

Nov 10 -

"Inter is a fantastic squad," Hazard told Corriere dello Sport.

"They have great champions. If you play for a club like Inter you have to be considered a top player.

"Of course the interest of top clubs can only please me. When a great club like Inter that has won so much wants me, this can only make me proud."

"For the time being I'm not thinking about my future," he added.

"My focus is on Lille. It's my agent that takes care of negotiations. I will discuss it with him but only in the future, not now.

"Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United all tried to buy me last summer.

"The interests of these great clubs and one like Real Madrid shows all the sacrifices I made were not in vain. I'm on the right track."

Then he shuts up for a few months. Then...

Jan 30 -

"I think I'm heading to England, the style of play suits me," he said.

"It is clear there are a lot of clubs interested in me. Paris? I have already said I would prefer to go abroad. I have [played in] over 100 Ligue 1 matches.

"Paris is tempting with the players there now but it's a considered decision."

Feb 14 -

"I have not signed anything at Tottenham," Hazard told talkshow La Tribune on Belgian-based TV station RTBF.

"Maybe I will play there next season. It is a nice club with a lot of good players and absolutely a top coach."

Feb 16 (talking about the PL) -

"That is the championship where I think I can express myself the best," Hazard told Sport Foot Magazine.

"I think I can learn more there. It is difficult to explain why, it is just a feeling I get.

"The level of the matches, the atmosphere in the stadiums - that is all well above anything I have experienced in France, and that attracts me."

Hazard also says that a much-touted switch to Arsenal would appeal to him.

He added: "Of course. It is always more fun to play for a team that plays like they do. Arsenal also have a great coach and French players.

"There are several clubs that interest me in England, and Arsenal are one of them."

March 14 -

When asked if a move to Old Trafford would attract him, Hazard told Lille daily newspaper La Voix du Nord: "Of course.

"This is a club that excites everyone, but for now my focus is on Lille.

"But yes, it is a pleasure to be watched by one of the best coaches in the world, if not the best."

March 19 -

"I was aware that Roberto Mancini was there," Hazard told French TV station Canal+.

"The manager (Rudi Garcia) told me... I wasn't thinking about it. I was trying to play to the best of my abilities.

"We'll see later. I'm concentrating on Lille this season."

May 8 -

And when Canal+ mischievously asked whether Hazard prefers red or blue, the question drew a non-committal response from the Belgium international.

"I like both," he replied. "They're both nice colours. I think they both suit me."

May 12 -

"Two games more to play in the colours of LOSC [Lille] ...Sniff," the 21-year-old tweeted.

May 14 -

"To Manchester, I've already said," Hazard replied when asked about his likely destination at the end of the current season when speaking at the awards gala.

"The decision will be taken soon."