Adidas ditching The Toon

Guest Stevie

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home shirt looked smart at first but they are all just templates same as ours and the sponsor looks like it should be on top of a very boring letterhead.

kits2011.png

They some how managed to fuck up the spurs kits.

Home one looked quite smart without the sponsor. :jesuswept:

Lennon's face there man!

OH MY GOD WHATS HAPPENED TO LEDLEYS KINGS ARM?!?!?! :yahoo:

Home shirt looked smart at first but they are all just templates same as ours and the sponsor looks like it should be on top of a very boring letterhead.

The way they're all stood makes them look like they're advertising "Autonomy" as some sort of gay lifestyle magazine :jesuswept:

Is it just me or is that suspiciously looking like blue numbers on the back of the home shirt in the background of this pic? :jesuswept:

2525683728064sg150730fo.jpg

Is it just me or is that suspiciously looking like blue numbers on the back of the home shirt in the background of this pic? :jesuswept:

I'm quite sure it's a picture on the wall of the club shop of fans walking up to the ground. 2003-05 kit I think.

I'm quite sure it's a picture on the wall of the club shop of fans walking up to the ground. 2003-05 kit I think.

Aye, now you come to mention it.... :yahoo:

Hold up - you can't get new shirts from sportsdirect.com without PL badges?

I mean that's nice of them and all but it should be an option to not have it, I don't want a shirt with badges on it.

Ashley and his lot can't even do giving away stuff for free right.

Well I got the blue top for me birthday and I like it. So here's a short review:

Puma: It feels odd to look down and not see the Adidas logo, but it's something I'll get used to quickly.

The Design: Simple and nice. It's a template which you may have seen the Italian nartional side wear, sure. But it's a winner. Unlike Italy. The 'Toon Army' thing on the collar I could do without.

The badge: Yeah, it's a patch. But it's the most detailed NUFC badge we've had in many a year.

Northern Rock : I feel this may peel off in time, but it's alright in it's design I suppose.

Comfort: Easily the most comfortable top NUFC have had since... Well, Asics I guess. Lightweight and comfy. There's no 'stitching rubbing against your armpit'-type annoyance here that seemed to be my most common complaint with Adidas.

So there. Not a bad effort overall.

Well I got the blue top for me birthday and I like it. So here's a short review:

Puma: It feels odd to look down and not see the Adidas logo, but it's something I'll get used to quickly.

The Design: Simple and nice. It's a template which you may have seen the Italian nartional side wear, sure. But it's a winner. Unlike Italy. The 'Toon Army' thing on the collar I could do without.

The badge: Yeah, it's a patch. But it's the most detailed NUFC badge we've had in many a year.

Northern Rock : I feel this may peel off in time, but it's alright in it's design I suppose.

Comfort: Easily the most comfortable top NUFC have had since... Well, Asics I guess. Lightweight and comfy. There's no 'stitching rubbing against your armpit'-type annoyance here that seemed to be my most common complaint with Adidas.

was always my complaint with the adidas kits, think I've def be ordering the blue one now

was always my complaint with the adidas kits, think I've def be ordering the blue one now

You can still feel it- It's just nowhere near as irritating..

A sewn on patch I suppose. Same as Man United, Barcelona and a few other clubs do - particularly clubs with less detailed badges like Fulham and Bolton.

I do still think it looks cheap but when you see it it's not half as cheap as originally feared.

I will probably get the blue shirt.