bobbyshinton

Bruce Manager of NUFC

21 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Is this team / squad better or worse than what Rafa worked with? 

Rondon v Joelinton 

Perez v max 

Given Brewce* has final say on transfers and the money spent who's fault is it if we say last seasons?

*we believe him right? Right?

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

54 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Is this team / squad better or worse than what Rafa worked with? 

Rondon v Joelinton 

Perez v max 

That's a 60 million pound investment v a loan & a 1.8mill squad signing. How many points should we be ahead of where we were last December? Anyone? 🤔

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Take away the goals from the defenders upto now and what do we have?

Just take away half of them.

I'll give Bruce his due, since the Leicester debacle we've played with a spirit and a passion that's got us some good results. But we've not actually played well at all in any of the games v those teams who we're up against in mid/lower table. It'll come to a shuddering halt at some point in the not too distant future. 

• Like 3

Bruce has done well, certainly a lot better than I thought he would. It hasn’t changed my mind on his ability level though. 

The thing is though I’ve seen it said from the mackems and the media etc along the lines of ‘what does Bruce have to do to win them around’ etc, but he wasn’t the problem. He’s never been the one I (and I would hazard to guess many other fans) were bothered about, nowt changes until Ashley fucks off, that’s why I’ve never been arsed about wanting rid of Bruce or getting on his back. Ashley persists as the rot in this football club. If Bruce maintains this sort of form until January, or until the summer his reward would be lack of investment, we will never capitalize on momentum. We have somehow managed to assemble the best centre back group the club has had in my lifetime, I’m pretty certain any of Lejuene, Lascelles, Schar, Fernandez, or Clark would get a starting spot (or at very worst be the main backup) in basically all the squads we’ve had in the PL era, will we build around that? No, that’s why Bruce doesn’t matter and that’s why I’ve never been arsed about him short of calling him a shit manager. 

Good for him though and I’m taking nothing away from him, even if the wheels fall off at some point he’s still likely on track for one of his best seasons in management. Again though the problem will persist. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agree with that. The problem with the hiring of Bruce was that it underlined that 17th was good enough.

If the guy overachieves and gets us midtable then great for him, but that doesn't mean the club will kick on. Every season will be a relegation scrap that is easier or harder depending on how well he does, but it will never get beyond that point.

So yes, there's nothing Bruce can do unless he can actually change the entire philosophy of the club.

• Like 4

Where are all those people ready to criticise Rafa for his negative tactics? What we have seen so far this season is far worse. 
As for comparing points tallies and squad strengths. How about comparing the first half of this season to the second half of last season which is a better way to judge recent results and performances.

Fair play to Bruce who obviously got the team fighting for him, but I dread to think what happens if luck is running out. In most of the recent games there could have been no complaints in losing.

Anyway, top fishing from UM..,

What are people expecting from our squad? 

Dubravka £4mil

Darlow £3mil

Woodman Free

Willems Loan

Lascelles £3mil

Schar £3mil

Dummett Free

Fernandez £6mil

Clark £6mil

Yedlin £6mil

Manquillo £5mil

Krafth £6mil

Hayden £2mil

S Longstaff Free

Ki Free

M Longstaff Free

Atsu £6mil

Carroll Free

If you ignore the clearly crooked Joelinton deal, we've only paid decent money (£16mil or less) for

Shelvey

Lejeune

Almiron

Richie

ASM

Gayle

We have the most solid defence I can remember in my time following the club. So we play on that, soak up pressure and play on the counter attack with 2 quick wide men and 2 quick wing backs. Not always pretty but it's effective and has us 2 points off 5th. Swap Joelinton for Rondon or Mitrovic and we would be even higher.

No fans were moaning when we did exactly the same under Rafa? 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Who is really moaning though... at the regime yes but at Bruce I think everyone has come around to concluding he's doing alright.

In the end though, Bruce could win the fucking league this year and it still wouldnt resolve any of the underlying issues the club has.

57 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

What are people expecting from our squad? 

Dubravka £4mil

Darlow £3mil

Woodman Free

Willems Loan

Lascelles £3mil

Schar £3mil

Dummett Free

Fernandez £6mil

Clark £6mil

Yedlin £6mil

Manquillo £5mil

Krafth £6mil

Hayden £2mil

S Longstaff Free

Ki Free

M Longstaff Free

Atsu £6mil

Carroll Free

If you ignore the clearly crooked Joelinton deal, we've only paid decent money (£16mil or less) for

Shelvey

Lejeune

Almiron

Richie

ASM

Gayle

We have the most solid defence I can remember in my time following the club. So we play on that, soak up pressure and play on the counter attack with 2 quick wide men and 2 quick wing backs. Not always pretty but it's effective and has us 2 points off 5th. Swap Joelinton for Rondon or Mitrovic and we would be even higher.

Our forward line to our score last seasons, iirc.

Better on paper than last season iirc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Who is really moaning though... at the regime yes but at Bruce I think everyone has come around to concluding he's doing alright.

In the end though, Bruce could win the fucking league this year and it still wouldnt resolve any of the underlying issues the club has.

Bruce is a cock, no amount of victories will change that. Factor in that most don't batter an eyelid whether we win or lose anymore then he's going to be waiting a while for any kind of recognition from most. J69 obv still cares like, whevener theres a free ticket going.

• Like 2

you see bruce could have all the planets align for him like pardew and fluke a 5th place finish and he'd still be a cunt.

he's more than happy to go along with desperate and nauseating shite like this....

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/get-a-free-half-season-ticket/

with his little mate lee, but there'll not be a peep out the twat with regard to buying a centre forward who has a rough idea on which part of the pitch the goal is, unlike the £40m (cough) pile of shite he was lumbered with.

nor will we ever, ever hear a word from compliant stevie about investement in the training ground/academy so as it doesn't resemble something out the dark ages.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It wasn't exactly the same though, was it.