Been kicked out of university

Andrew

aye don't waste any time either way need to get on their backs and cause hassle asap it's the only way to get things done.

Being a nuisance is a great way to hurry people the fuck up :lol:

This.

And parents are usually a damn site more understanding than kids give them credit for.

If you are an only child who is now living away, they will probably be fully back in the swing of having unbridled sex all over the house with no kids about and will be only too happy to get you back into UNI.

Sorry for the mental picure btw.

Acid house style

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I've told them and they've been good, i could see my dad seething on the inside but he never let it out

they've rung my course director to ask about appeals and stuff and shes told them no so I guess thats it

i'll be signing on later

well I've told them and they've been good, i could see my dad seething on the inside but he never let it out

they've rung my course director to ask about appeals and stuff and shes told them no so I guess thats it

i'll be signing on later

Don't give up. Ask to meet with the Dean. If you rang the same person that let you go in the first place they'll just try to fobb you off.

Absolutely do not take that as an answer, it's like asking the boss that's just fired you if they are sure. :razz::lol:

Go and see someone outside the department and get some advice (the university itself should have someone that deals with this sort of thing, as should the students union), I don't for a second believe that there is "no" appeals process, no process they want you to try more like.

Absolutely do not take that as an answer, it's like asking the boss that's just fired you if they are sure. :razz::lol:

Go and see someone outside the department and get some advice (the university itself should have someone that deals with this sort of thing, as should the students union), I don't for a second believe that there is "no" appeals process, no process they want you to try more like.

agreed..........until the president of the Uni tells you to pack up your shit, it ain't over. One fail and you're out seems really harsh, usually (at least in Canadian universities) there is some sort of probationary period where they tell you to stop coming to class straight from the kegger the night before and you at least gt to prove you are serious abut being at the school.

best of luck with that and remember you are paying for that education so you are not only a student but a paying customer as well

Check the course prospectus/forms to see what they say about grounds for expulsion-this would tell you whether or not they are in breach of contract.

Alternatively if you question the exam results themselves (you don't say you do to be fair but just to cover all bases given the magnitude), then the route would potentially be a Judicial Review of the exam board.

Either way though, you should at least try and speak to somebody with some decision making power (above the course director) within the institution. Your uni reps should help you with this.

Check the course prospectus/forms to see what they say about grounds for expulsion-this would tell you whether or not they are in breach of contract.

Alternatively if you question the exam results themselves (you don't say you do to be fair but just to cover all bases given the magnitude), then the route would potentially be a Judicial Review of the exam board.

Either way though, you should at least try and speak to somebody with some decision making power (above the course director) within the institution. Your uni reps should help you with this.

This lad knows his shit tbh Andrew. Been thrown off at least 3 courses that I'm aware of.

This lad knows his shit tbh Andrew. Been thrown off at least 3 courses that I'm aware of.

:lol:

Wouldn't want to study any course that wasn't desperate to throw me off tbh.

Wouldn't want to study any course that wasn't desperate to throw me off tbh.

Groucho Marx. Almost.

Cheeky fuck-who did you think I was trying to paraphrase, Lenny Henry?

I was just showing how clever I was. Or so I thought. With hindsight it was blindingly obvious. Speaking of Lenny Henry - True Identity was on the other night. Oh my God! :lol: How bad?

Why does it matter? you'll only end up in McDonalds anyway, this way you've got three years earnings power ahead of your peers.

:razz: he said engineering course not outdoor rec.... :lol:

well my parents will find out today, im going home, wanted to tell them face to face, I am praying they'll see the injustice in this instead of just going into meltdown at me but I'm not putting any money on it

it was the course director who informed me, I've met her a few times this year (all for positive stuff, i think i was her favourite or something) and she kept apologising saying its not her choice its the board or i'd be staying etc

so I'll report back assuming I'm capable of typing and I'm not locked up somewhere or on the streets :razz:

Am I the only one who thinks she wanted you to make sure her position was satisfactory in order to protect your own? :lol:

Back in 1999 I was chucked out of an engineering course. It's not the end of the world, I managed to move halfway around the world and get a job working for the NHS...

Fuck.

And you lot reckon we whinge? You're here by choice you know :lol:

Personally i would get straight on to your Students Union, they love things like this! People, myself included until recently, belive the SU is just there for cheap drinks but they are there to help you in these situations.

Aye, as unfashionable as I assume they still are, it's a good idea, they will know your options better than anyone and will usually help kick up a stink in situations like this, and it is making a big stink that helps you in situations like that.

:facepalm:

Fucking hell Andrew...

Sorry to hear it fella, are you a bit relieved? Cause it sounds like you're resigned to not challenging the decision... maybe I'm misinterpreting.

Like people here have said, you're not going to get anywhere by being passive so I would be thinking about becoming a pain their arses for a very long time until they let you back. Are there any local or student rags you can go to? Maybe even your MP? I'd go with the line of we're in the shit as a country and you're doing your best to contribute, this uni gets tax payers money, yet they're doing their best to throw you out for a very iffy reason.

Good luck chap. :lol: