World Cup bids for 2018 and 2022

dbsweeney

I agree Alex especially to the latter bit it's just a shame that a country like ours who've contributed so much to world football can be so poorly represented (partly our fault) and so looked down on.

I agree Alex especially to the latter bit it's just a shame that a country like ours who've contributed so much to world football can be so poorly represented (partly our fault) and so looked down on.

According to the bloke who headed the bid (on Radio 5) we have representatives on committees who can't even be arsed to turn up to the meetings most of the time. I would imagine that goes down like a wet fart and only reinforces the arrogant stereotypes about the English.

We don't get involved enough / have enough influence in Fifa and Uefa though which is (at least) partly our fault.

With tits like Blatter and Platini at the helm, and paltry £1,500 fines for racist crowd chants, I'm not surprised we keep our distance.

We don't get involved enough / have enough influence in Fifa and Uefa though which is (at least) partly our fault.

With tits like Blatter and Platini at the helm, and paltry £1,500 fines for racist crowd chants, I'm not surprised we keep our distance.

That attitude won't change either body though, will it?

According to the bloke who headed the bid (on Radio 5) we have representatives on committees who can't even be arsed to turn up to the meetings most of the time. I would imagine that goes down like a wet fart and only reinforces the arrogant stereotypes about the English.

Fucking hell I mean to be fair a lot of our lot are just a dodgy and lazy as the Fifa bunch so it's no surprise to hear this sort of thing happening, I do also think there was a sense of entitlement to our bid which obviously contributed to the view but to get only 1 vote besides our own it's definitely been a bit more than people thinking we're stuck up.

We have two choices. We either play the game, throw money and women etc. at the corrupt officials. Or we make a stand and form a breakaway organisation. FIFA will not be clean until Blatter, Platini, Warner and the rest die out.

Agreed B7. The bidding process always seems to be corrupt though so it shouldn't come as a surprise. The 2002 process was ridiculous, for example.

Agreed B7. The bidding process always seems to be corrupt though so it shouldn't come as a surprise. The 2002 process was ridiculous, for example.

:lol: and I agree with Billy Castell nowt we can do really.

This.

We keep our distance= we are aloof and arrogant

We try to change it (panorama etc)= no World Cup for rocking the boat.

Over simplified I know, but essentially how it is.

When Blatter goes, Platini has to be favourite to replace him.

This.

We keep our distance= we are aloof and arrogant

We try to change it (panorama etc)= no World Cup for rocking the boat.

Over simplified I know, but essentially how it is.

When Blatter goes, Platini has to be favourite to replace him.

Aye and he wouldn't piss on us if we were on fire.

Well I want it on the record that you're a fuckin total clueless nob. Just for the record there. I would love to know where any racial slurs or anything remotely racist are in my posts. I deliberately keep away from talking about other faiths these days to avoid people mixing criticisms with racism. So please show me what is racist, even Renton who often has jumped on me wouldn't say anythings racist you absolute twat.

If you're saying it's racist that my assertion is you support this bid because it's in a muslim country then you don't understand the meaning of racist. THE ONLY reason you support it is the competition is in Islamic lands. I didn't even say that was a bad thing, but it's the only logical explanation for you wanting it there. How is my making that comment racist you fuckin stupid cunt.

Everyone else has shown you up in this thread, this is FIFA's worst hour and you still haven't given a reason for why it's a good thing other than "ah the middle east hasn't had one". I guarantee there is more passion for football in Thailand and Indonesia than there is in the middle east, they haven't had one neither, and are more deserving that Qatar, and so are Malta. This sums it up and exposes your totally deluded views well and reiterates all of what I've said about it a few pages ago...

Aye fuck off man, you're an idiot and a racist and that's all there is to it. Give me a couple of hours with the search function and I could produce a "Stevie's greatest hits" that'd make your head spin. Let's start with how East Asian refs shouldn't be allowed to ref major competitions because their eyes are too slanty to see the whole field, shall we, and proceed from there? The way you keep prattling on about how "I only support it because I'm a Muslim and it's in 'islamic lands'" is fucking cringeworthy and just demonstrates what kind of a cunt you are.

Also, you just told me in your last two posts what a good idea a WC in the Middle East would be and now that I've shown you there's virtually nowhere but Qatar or one of the other oil-rich sheikhdoms where it would go well, you're turning around and going "oh there's more passion in Indonesia than the Middle East" - bollocks btw - "and they deserve it more." Just goes to show you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the topic AS USUAL.

This entire blow-up started after I simply posted trying to tell people not to write off a tournament that won't happen for 12 years in a country that I'm sure most of them know nothing about except that you won't be able to booze it up there. But I see you've all got your minds made up. OK, Mystic Mags, you keep looking into your crystal balls, but I'll wait and see how good or terrible the 2022 World Cup will be and that's the last I'll say on the topic, since what I have to say is apparently so offensive it motivates people to get personal.

Edited by acrossthepond

Well I want it on the record that you're a fuckin total clueless nob. Just for the record there. I would love to know where any racial slurs or anything remotely racist are in my posts. I deliberately keep away from talking about other faiths these days to avoid people mixing criticisms with racism. So please show me what is racist, even Renton who often has jumped on me wouldn't say anythings racist you absolute twat.

If you're saying it's racist that my assertion is you support this bid because it's in a muslim country then you don't understand the meaning of racist. THE ONLY reason you support it is the competition is in Islamic lands. I didn't even say that was a bad thing, but it's the only logical explanation for you wanting it there. How is my making that comment racist you fuckin stupid cunt.

Everyone else has shown you up in this thread, this is FIFA's worst hour and you still haven't given a reason for why it's a good thing other than "ah the middle east hasn't had one". I guarantee there is more passion for football in Thailand and Indonesia than there is in the middle east, they haven't had one neither, and are more deserving that Qatar, and so are Malta. This sums it up and exposes your totally deluded views well and reiterates all of what I've said about it a few pages ago...

Aye fuck off man, you're an idiot and a racist and that's all there is to it. Give me a couple of hours with the search function and I could produce a "Stevie's greatest hits" that'd make your head spin. Let's start with how East Asian refs shouldn't be allowed to ref major competitions because their eyes are too slanty to see the whole field, shall we, and proceed from there? The way you keep prattling on about how "I only support it because I'm a Muslim and it's in 'islamic lands'" is fucking cringeworthy and just demonstrates what kind of a cunt you are.

Also, you just told me in your last two posts what a good idea a WC in the Middle East would be and now that I've shown you there's virtually nowhere but Qatar or one of the other oil-rich sheikhdoms where it would go well, you're turning around and going "oh there's more passion in Indonesia than the Middle East" - bollocks btw - "and they deserve it more." Just goes to show you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the topic AS USUAL.

This entire blow-up started after I simply posted trying to tell people not to write off a tournament that won't happen for 12 years in a country that I'm sure most of them know nothing about except that you won't be able to booze it up there. But I see you've all got your minds made up. OK, Mystic Mags, you keep looking into your crystal balls, but I'll wait and see how good or terrible the 2022 World Cup will be and that's the last I'll say on the topic, since what I have to say is apparently so offensive it motivates people to get personal.

Well you can say that but you won't find me saying it anywhere you fuckin nob. What you will find me saying is referee's from countries where the level of competition isn't as intense as as say England, Argentina, Mexico, Italy or Spain, shouldn't be refereeing high octane, high paced, high level football games. IIRC I cited a point about the Norwegian referee in the Chelsea v Barca game in 2009 CL Semi that cost them. So don't make things up you utter bell end.

I didn't specifically say it would be a good idea in the middle east, I said I would understand why an Egypt or Turkey would get it. As for me saying there's more passion in Indonesia and Thailand, I've seen it will my own eyes mate over there. Why is the middle east more passionate for football than south asia then, explain why you think that is. Whatever your explanation is you're talking fuckin wank, as you have in every post you've made in this thread. I'd just leave this thread with my head bowed if I was you pal.

Edited by WDP

Howard Webb's ability to miss De Jong's decapitation attempt on Alonso in the WC final pokes a hole in your flimsy logic tbh

What one mistake made by a referee who is thought of as a class ref in the worlds best league.

You've really obliterated my point there like.

Howard Webb's ability to miss De Jong's decapitation attempt on Alonso in the WC final pokes a hole in your flimsy logic tbh

What one mistake made by a referee who is thought of as a class ref in the worlds best league.

Never said I obliterated it tbf.

But carry on.

:)

Like Webb has only made one mistake. He's fucking useless :lol:

Edited by Sima

Never said I obliterated it tbf.

But carry on.

:)

Like Webb has only made one mistake. He's fucking useless :lol:

Aye I'll never forgive him for that goal disallowed against Fulham, but I don't care what you say, you agree with my general point deep down.

Sorry like AtP, but no serious football fan can possibly condone the World Cup being held in Qatar. The points against have already been made, it's fucking madness on just about every level. If Qatar is really the Middle East's best bid then the WC should never go there, end of story.

On a side note, technically Egypt is in Asia and Africa.

When I went to Sharm El Sheik I was in Asia, When I went to Cairo for the day it was Africa. Weird.

I'm aware of that but I don't think they'll be playing all the games on the Sinai peninsular. That and the fact they're in the African Federation :lol:

Good googling Alex. :)

Knew it from RE tbh.

"Jesus XI 0-1 Romans. "

should have been 2-0, but when the Romans put in the cross, Jesus saved (us all)

On a side note, technically Egypt is in Asia and Africa.

When I went to Sharm El Sheik I was in Asia, When I went to Cairo for the day it was Africa. Weird.

I'm aware of that but I don't think they'll be playing all the games on the Sinai peninsular. That and the fact they're in the African Federation :lol:

Good googling Alex. :)

Knew it from RE tbh.

"Jesus XI 0-1 Romans. "

should have been 2-0, but when the Romans put in the cross, Jesus saved (us all)

;)

Acrossthepond, there's no personal malice intended from me, but I do think you're wrong on this.

Can you explain to me how Qatar's bid has more merit than Australia's?

If we were going to hold the competition in the Middle East we should have gone for one of the countries that are keen

Algeria, Egypt or Iran would do

Rob's geographical brilliance coming to the fore again...

Egypt as well. :lol: They probably should've got the African one as they have as good a tradition of football as anyone on the continent. Was a done deal South Africa were going to get it. Anywhere round there would be a challenge in terms of hosting a tournament in June/July though.

Egypt is normally counted as Middle East - Algeria is Near East if you wish to be pedantic