Official Match Thread: Newcastle United Vs Chelsea

Park Life

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be very interesting to see Shearers first team. Will it be an old boys team with Butt, Duff Ameobi etc or will he and Dowie spot something in training and take a gamble.

Can just see Ameobi puffing his fucking guts out in training and banging out a bit of geordie pride infront of Al, hoping to get in (which he usually does with a new manager) :lol:

I think Shearer will have seen enough of us this season to know who to play.

first time on since shearers announcement

I'm excited simply because theres no fucking way Big Al is going to play strola :lol::razz: :razz:

on the subject of Jonas, his final ball isn't brilliant, but then neither is Duff's and milners was no better, what Jonas does give us, is a player that covers every inch of the pitch both in attack and defence, without fail you see him tracking all the way back, making tackles getting amongst it then providing an outlet, ok he may run the length of the pitch and run up his own arse, but I would rather someone do that for 90 mins than watch 11 players who don't give a shit and just hoof the ball to the opposition

the interesting thing with our current position is you can spot the players who give a shit and want to play in the black and white, Taylor gets alot of shit but watching him crying when arsenals 2nd went in when he was off the pitch shows he gives a shit (where as players like strola just don't seem to care)

I'm hoping shearers arrival will force the rest of the players to show this level of commitment

I'd take a draw all day here. They outclass us all over the pitch, a draw would be a really good result. Mind you when Shearer was Roeder's no.2 we beat them 1-0 :lol:

With Alex and Sandman on Jonas. There seems to be a 'he's not brilliant, therefore he's shit' theme developing when Jonas is discussed. He's not done as much as I'd hoped he would when I first saw him play but he still walks into our team. I cut him some slack as it's his first PL season, and it's been in pretty adverse circumstances. I think there's more to come from him and I like his attitude. He's also been kicked to fuck this season - the job the mackems did on him was a disgrace, he got chopped in half about three times and was kicked all game. I'll be very surprised if Shearer doesn't start him.

1-0 to us at half time is 17/1 seems rather generous on PPower. :lol:

It is..... in parts we played quite well against Man U and Arsenal. I've a sneaky feeling we are going to win. :razz:

:razz:

1-0 to us at half time is 17/1 seems rather generous on PPower. :lol:

If you fancy that you might as well take the reverse bet :razz:

Guest Stevie
Right wing as in the BNP.

I'm not right wing, I'm more Rob Lee.

I'm comfortable with your politics Stevie.

I get a hard press on here Chez, I abore all forms of racism for the sake of it, but you have to be allowed to challenge the way things are going in society, and you have to be allowed to challenge the constraints of politicial correctness in a so called democratic free country.

Anyway the game tomorrow, I think Butt should go man for man on Lampard.

Right wing as in the BNP.

I'm not right wing, I'm more Rob Lee.

I'm comfortable with your politics Stevie.

I get a hard press on here Chez, I abore all forms of racism for the sake of it, but you have to be allowed to challenge the way things are going in society, and you have to be allowed to challenge the constraints of politicial correctness in a so called democratic free country.

Anyway the game tomorrow, I think Butt should go man for man on Lampard.

It was just a joke man you big fanny. Abhor btw :lol:

Newcastle v Chelsea

With Alan Shearer stepping into the hot seat, it will be like plugging into the national grid at St James' Park, the 52,000 fans will lift the lid off the ground.

In the long run it will be all about the players and how Alan can get them performing. But because of the emotion, the occasion and the importance, I think Newcastle will manage a draw.

Verdict: 1-1

I'd go for a draw as well tbf to Lawro.

Sky Sports are saying we're gonna win it... :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_pr...3005242,00.html

Edited by KingKev

i like jonas, but i wish he could shoot. surely we have the right man in charge to teach him how to hit a shot now.

He's never been a scorer tho. And even hi first half of the season mad dashes back to slide in and save the ball seem to have gone.

Wish someone could find those Optra stats on him.

It will be very interesting to see Shearers first team. Will it be an old boys team with Butt, Duff Ameobi etc or will he and Dowie spot something in training and take a gamble.

Can just see Ameobi puffing his fucking guts out in training and banging out a bit of geordie pride infront of Al, hoping to get in (which he usually does with a new manager) :lol:

i know he has never been a scorer, i would just like to see him be able to hit the target every now and then.

I thought Charvski was taking the piss at first. As though you're going to teach a 26 year old professional footballer how to have a powerful shot all of sudden. JWTBFH.

well i dont mean how to have a powerful shot, good shot or whatever, just try and help hit the target thats it.

edit, i like jonas i think he is a cracking player. as other people have stated if we had a better team he would look better too.

Edited by charvski

well i dont mean how to have a powerful shot, good shot or whatever, just try and help hit the target thats it.

edit, i like jonas i think he is a cracking player. as other people have stated if we had a better team he would look better too.

He'll never have a decent shot on him. If it's not part of his armoury now it never will be. I think he's a canny player. Everyone either seems to think he's shit or class. He's somewhere in between imo, although nearer the good end of the scale.

He'll never have a decent shot on him. If it's not part of his armoury now it never will be. I think he's a canny player. Everyone either seems to think he's shit or class. He's somewhere in between imo, although nearer the good end of the scale.

He's actually got great technique, some of his problems initially were clearly to do with confidence. Depending on the person, moving abroad at such a young age is a big thing. Fans seem to think that because they get paid well they should just get on with it. Tbf to Enrique, thats exactly what he has done but his performances and the way allardyce initially treated him suggests the sports psychologists had him down as needing time to settle and a little nurturing. I think he's going to get better and better.

As for Jonas, he provides one thing that has been lacking in so many players at the club since the quality of the team started to wane; the ability to keep possession under pressure or being tightly marked. So many games i've seen mediocre toon players unable to find their man as they had to give it first touch or made the wrong decisions and played others into pressure too. Jonas has fantastic ability on the ball and countless times his pace and technique have allowed us to turn defence into attack. If he had the finishing ability that people seem to expect then he'd be giving Messi a run for his money (hyperbole).

If Jonas was ever going to be the player we thought he might be when he first arrived then he would definitely have to add crossing and shooting to his game and I doubt that's ever going to be the case (especially with shooting, playing him on the right wing must improve the crossing ability of a right footer).

But he does have other qualities, the ability to beat a man, pace to stretch teams, a great work ethic, the ability to hold onto the ball and if he has anything ahead of him then he is actually a good passer of the ball. None of the other players in our midfield have anything like this. I'd certainly rather have him playing than see Duff plodding around again (or fucking Steven Taylor on the wing :lol: ).

And if, as Sammy says Jonas prefers the left and Lovenkrands the right, they want their fucking heads examining.

Drogba and Bosingwa both out... Which is nice

That's good. I had visions of the former terrorising our defence (especially if it's a makeshift one).

Drogba and Bosingwa both out... Which is nice

That's good. I had visions of the former terrorising our defence (especially if it's a makeshift one).

Coloccini will be delighted

Bit of battle and bottle to carry us in to the more important one next week and I'll be happy. As long as we don't get stuffed and look like we know what we're doing we can push on for the Stoke game with a bit of confidence and belief.

We're fucked. It's Rob Styles tomorrow :lol:

Three pens against us and two sendings off in three games this season (two defeats and a draw). Not kidding either, the bloke fucking hates us. I think it was the smogs game last season when he (rightly) got absolutely slaughtered by the crowd here, and he remembers it.