Joey Barton

smoggeordie

Guest alex
I would personally drive up to Newcastle and bring him back if he would sign for Leeds. Not being funny but Shearer is failing miserably as a manager so far, I love the guy but it's like he's a school teacher or something and suspending Barton makes it look even more that way.

It's not all about passion and love for the club it's about fucking quality and Shearer just aint got it as a manager.

You've inadvertently stumbled upon something there. It's about passion and quality though. Something lacking in the players.

Are you pretending to be a Leeds fan or a Newcastle fan now btw?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would personally drive up to Newcastle and bring him back if he would sign for Leeds. Not being funny but Shearer is failing miserably as a manager so far, I love the guy but it's like he's a school teacher or something and suspending Barton makes it look even more that way.

It's not all about passion and love for the club it's about fucking quality and Shearer just aint got it as a manager.

You seem to be a wum tbh.

You've inadvertently stumbled upon something there. It's about passion and quality though. Something lacking in the players.

Are you pretending to be a Leeds fan or a Newcastle fan now btw?

:lol:

In all seriousness, Shearer's short-term appointment was not about bringing a master tactician but bringing someone in who could do a short-term job of inspiring the players and giving the whole club something to get behind.

If these were his first results at the start of a campaign, with a summer of prep then the original point (however obvious) would stand.

Plus who else would have come?

Quite possible if they'd managed to get Shearer sooner (after Kinnear's health issues) we might not be in this position now.

Although basically the club has been rudderless all season since Keegan left, even when Kinnear was here and healthy(ish).

Guest Stevie

Honest to god right and childish as it is I accept but I've done a few WU's on different clubs sites in my time right. To be fair they weren't as much WU's as telling them what's what. No word of a lie, on one there was 39 pages just on me telling them what a thoroughly wank club Leeds are from so many different angles, I honestly think that at least 5 of them would've driven to Newcastle to do me in. Then you get this kid, oh dear, if you're going to upset people at least fucking have some idea about football you Yorkshire cunt.

Said from the start my club is Leeds but I have deep affection for Newcastle and always have, I have been where you are twice now I know what it's like and it's fucking awful. I watched Leeds 90 mins away from the most prestiguous club game in the world and then I watched them get hammered 6-1 at Portsmouth 2 seasons later.

Viduka on his day can cause any defender in the world problems, Barton can influence a game as well as Gerrard but he needs to be man managed to get the best out of him and Smithy is pretty much an allround midfield man. Ability to deliver a decisive ball on the floor and in the air can go forward and strike a ball and defend when necessary.

Why you're having a pop at me I don't know we all want the same thing and that's for Newcastle to be successful and primarly stay in the premiership. Like I said in another post "TAKE THE FUCKIN BLINKERS OFF" if your not local and don't support the club then that's it with you lot.

Your passionate I know because I do attend several games, as well as going to Elland Road.

Not sure you can judge a man given 8 games to resuscitate a dead horse.

And no offence, it's been a while since Leeds has had a good manager... are you sure you're in a place to judge?

Simon Grayson has taken Leeds from 10th to 4th with a 64% win record. Taking 16 wins and 4 draws from 25 matches

Fairly good in my book

Said from the start my club is Leeds but I have deep affection for Newcastle and always have, I have been where you are twice now I know what it's like and it's fucking awful. I watched Leeds 90 mins away from the most prestiguous club game in the world and then I watched them get hammered 6-1 at Portsmouth 2 seasons later.

Viduka on his day can cause any defender in the world problems, Barton can influence a game as well as Gerrard but he needs to be man managed to get the best out of him and Smithy is pretty much an allround midfield man. Ability to deliver a decisive ball on the floor and in the air can go forward and strike a ball and defend when necessary.

Why you're having a pop at me I don't know we all want the same thing and that's for Newcastle to be successful and primarly stay in the premiership. Like I said in another post "TAKE THE FUCKIN BLINKERS OFF" if your not local and don't support the club then that's it with you lot.

Your passionate I know because I do attend several games, as well as going to Elland Road.

:lol::o

Guest Stevie

Correct.

Correct.

never gonna get anywhere then mate

It's not that you're from South of the Tyne, South of the Humber or South of the Tropic of Cancer, it's that you're so very wrong on so many issues.

Smith isn't the player he was for you back in the day, Barton CANNOT influence a game as well as Gerrard. Viduka on his day is a great player, but unfortunately those days are so rare you've a better chance getting the Euro Millions.

Guest Stevie

Correct.

never gonna get anywhere then mate

I'm a lone voice in that respect.

Sam Allardyce will consider a second gamble on Joey Barton this summer as the Blackburn manager looks to rebuild the Rovers' midfield on one of the Premier League's tightest transfer budgets.

Blackburn are among several clubs interested in the troubled Barton, who is on his way out of Newcastle United following a confrontation with his manager, Alan Shearer, at Liverpool on Sunday. Allardyce brought Barton to St James' Park for £5.8m from Manchester City in 2007, despite the midfielder's controversial reputation, and has a history of succeeding with difficult players.

It is believed he is not averse to working with Barton once again, particularly as Newcastle's desire to sever ties with the 26-year-old is likely to reduce his valuation dramatically. Blackburn will need to improve their central midfield if they survive relegation, with Tugay leaving the club at the end of his current contract and David Dunn and Vince Grella plagued by injury this season.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ma...rdyce-blackburn

Sam Allardyce will consider a second gamble on Joey Barton this summer as the Blackburn manager looks to rebuild the Rovers' midfield on one of the Premier League's tightest transfer budgets.

Blackburn are among several clubs interested in the troubled Barton, who is on his way out of Newcastle United following a confrontation with his manager, Alan Shearer, at Liverpool on Sunday. Allardyce brought Barton to St James' Park for £5.8m from Manchester City in 2007, despite the midfielder's controversial reputation, and has a history of succeeding with difficult players.

It is believed he is not averse to working with Barton once again, particularly as Newcastle's desire to sever ties with the 26-year-old is likely to reduce his valuation dramatically. Blackburn will need to improve their central midfield if they survive relegation, with Tugay leaving the club at the end of his current contract and David Dunn and Vince Grella plagued by injury this season.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ma...rdyce-blackburn

Soon as he leaves he'll never be in trouble (on or off the pitch), never be injured, and play like a God. :o

Soon as he leaves he'll never be in trouble (on or off the pitch), never be injured, and play like a God. :lol:

That's what people said about Dyer.

Karma can be a right bitch.

Im amazed at how many people are surprised that something like this happened. Hes a heed the ball and always will be. As for the numpties who reckon it wasnt a red card :lol: İf Alonsos leg had been planted it would have been ın 2 halves by now. Its only through luck he ended up stretchered off wıth a sprained ankle.

Guest alex
Im amazed at how many people are surprised that something like this happened. Hes a heed the ball and always will be. As for the numpties who reckon it wasnt a red card :lol: İf Alonsos leg had been planted it would have been ın 2 halves by now. Its only through luck he ended up stretchered off wıth a sprained ankle.

Wise after the event and straw man. House!

Feel free to do a search. İve been sayıng this sınce the day he picked up his last injury. Our injured players suddenly become world beaters for some reason and all our problems wıll be solved once they are fıt. Owen, Martıns, Barton etc.

Guest alex
Feel free to do a search. İve been sayıng this sınce the day he picked up his last injury. Our injured players suddenly become world beaters for some reason and all our problems wıll be solved once they are fıt. Owen, Martıns, Barton etc.

Apart from the odd nutter I doubt you'd find anyone saying any of those were world beaters while they were out. Do a search :lol: That's exactly what I mean with the straw man comment.