Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

2 minutes ago, adios said:

I read something my Gaiman when I was a kid and really enjoyed it.  Can't remember what it was now but it was funny and involved witches.

Not a very helpful recommendation really :D

:lol:   Fair point; let me see if I can find it.

ETA:  Good Omens with Pratchett (who I know is one of your favourites ;) )

Edited by adios

4 minutes ago, adios said:

:lol:   Fair point; let me see if I can find it.

ETA:  Good Omens with Pratchett (who I know is one of your favourites ;) )

:D Actually only read one Pratchett book (and that was when I was a kid) so I probably haven't been totally fair to him. I think it's just the geeky nature of the fandom that gets on my tits.

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Interesting premise as well. I must confess to not having read the book, which is also meant to be good.

It isn't. It has its moments and you think it's showing promise which is why I stuck with it to the end but it was a damp squid* ending to be kind to it. If that was the book then the TV series can get fucked. :lol:

*Nod to CT, there.

On 17/07/2017 at 10:30 PM, Howmanheyman said:

It isn't. It has its moments and you think it's showing promise which is why I stuck with it to the end but it was a damp squid* ending to be kind to it. If that was the book then the TV series can get fucked. :lol:

*Nod to CT, there.

It's only part of the book I believe.

Just finished Westworld - not quite the masterpiece  it's made out to be but very good. 

Approaching the end I thought it was another "should be just one season"  job but there is scope to continue the philosophical side but they're going to have to have a different format rather than just the looping mechanism of the first one. 

1 hour ago, fry81 said:

although it finished a while ago theres a good 5 seasons of strike back to watch, cracking series!

Never even heard of that but it looks like it's got decent reviews and ratings

8 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I'm enjoying Ozark on Netflix.

Same; think I'm about half way through.

Something about comedy dads becoming career criminals seems to work.

i implore everyone not to bother with friends from college. the first time in a while i've been disappointed with a netflix original. what a truly awful set of humourless characters. The dialogue is terrible and I found it impossible to warm to any of them. I gave up after two episodes, the only thing that could have saved it was if they all had their privileged lives destroyed. 

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

Another Ozarks fan here. Really enjoying it

i've heard good things about it. on my watch list after i've got through the latest seasons of game of thrones, fargo and house of cards. 

22 minutes ago, fry81 said:

i started to watch preacher 3 nights ago, ended up poop-socking season one in a day, was very good, not as keen on season 2 so far though

Wtf is poop socking? Anything to do with the Munro transfer?