Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

8 hours ago, Alex said:

:D He's ridiculously over the top like but I still thought it (and he) was great

Aye, only watched half because I was knackered.  Also love Hardy so defo will be giving it a proper go.

Just watched the Gazza documentary on Netflix, it's pretty difficult to understand him sometimes but it's a great watch. Some class footage of him.

Finished Stranger Things today - really enjoyed it. 

I can see the view that it should have just been one season with a semi-happy ending but I liked the bridge to the second season  - topically very reminiscent of Twin Peaks. 

Watched all but the last couple of minutes of the first two episodes of the new season of Twin Peaks this morning before I came to work.  It's fantastically Lynch and a great start.  Christ knows where it will end up but I think it's going to be great getting there. 

13 hours ago, Ant said:

I've been saving it till it's all done, good to hear.

Obviously I don't want to give too much away but it's just class again, well shot, great characters and something different with two Ewan Mcgregor's .

I really couldn't sit through it again. I wasn't the biggest fan of it but it's a huge slog to watch it twice. There's only a few shows I could do that with.

I'm considering watching it again because I reckon I missed loads. Big commitment though and was too slow in the middle.

BCS is way too slow like. I actually like slow dramas if they're done well, which these series are, but this is too much. And to make matters worse, despite the slowness I still struggled to understand what Mike was doing with those trackers. 

GoT was actually better for me second time round. Will probably watch it again some time. 

12 hours ago, Renton said:

GoT was actually better for me second time round. Will probably watch it again some time. 

I can't remember, were you someone who struggled with keeping up with the myriad subplots, locations and characters?

I've watched breaking bad twice. Even better second time around. I'm going to have to give GoT another go from the top once its done too as I'm sure there are various sub plots I've forgotten or missed. 

The wife has given up on BCS, which is annoying as I'm a big fan but having to watch it in drips and drabs now. 

just finished the final season of fresh meat, good fun from the makers of peep show. If i was being ultra critical, all I'd say is you'd never get 6 different stereotypes like that all living and hanging out together in reality. 

3 minutes ago, wolfy said:

I was looking for something better than science fiction of a supposed space.

Anything else that you've seen that you thoroughly enjoyed that isn't fictional space related?

http://trekmovie.com/2015/10/08/star-trek-tos-the-complete-series-megapack-dvd-set-now-available-for-pre-order/

Decent list, HF, id include a few of those bonefide classics plus a few more to add to the mix

Drama

Breaking bad

sopranos

game of thrones

mad men

house of cards

fargo

the affair

stranger things

The night of

Comedy

curb your enthusiasm

entourage

always sunny in Philadelphia

love

There's bound to be a few obvious Ines I've missed. It really is a golden age for telly right now.