Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

On 2017-6-26 at 9:18 AM, David Kelly said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned American Gods but I enjoyed that.  No idea of how it compares to the book but it's worth a watch.

Just started that but not sure I can take more fucked up shit just now after watching Legion and Stranger Things recently.

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Binging through GLOW (Netflix) atm and enjoying it. It definitely has the same feel as Orange is the New Black when it comes to the strong character writing, just with a bit less of a dramatic slant. Half hour episodes so it's easy to fly through

Just started this tonight, worth it for Alison Brie's tits and arse as well tbh

On 27/06/2017 at 7:19 PM, NJS said:

Just started that but not sure I can take more fucked up shit just now after watching Legion and Stranger Things recently.

Lost interest in Legion a bit after about 4 episodes.  I'll probably go back to it after I do Saul.

Just finished the latest seasons of Better Call Saul and Fargo. I thought both were excellent, probably the best season so far in the case of BCS. Again I really liked the strong female characters in Fargo. Just started on American Gods. Looks canny so far although I had to read up on it after episode one as I didn't have a clue wtf was going on half the time.

Nearly finished the leftovers. Despite the independent banging on about it on Twitter on a weekly basis it's gone rapidly downhill and veered into Lost territory. It's written by the same bloke and he's admitted that he writes one series at a time without having any actual idea as to where the overall story is going 

Best viewed listening to Mixmaster Morris on a comedown. Or it was, assuming we're on about the same show. Even then it was shit 

• 2 weeks later...

Got round to watching the new twin peaks on Friday night. What a load of shit, no doubt Parky loved it. Was hoping it would be more like the first than second series and keep the surreal bollocks to a minimum but no. Thing is, I'm not a pretentious university student any more. So will pass on this. 

I've waited till it finished so will get around to it but it seems to have been well received from what I've read. 

I enjoyed the surreal stuff in the old one - especially Bob - so have no qualms about it. As I said above, after watching Legion, I think I can take it. 

Just finished Season 1 of American Gods which was alright and canny entertaining but just seemed a bit like an intro to all the characters prior to Season 2 in the end.

24 minutes ago, Alex said:

Just finished Season 1 of American Gods which was alright and canny entertaining but just seemed a bit like an intro to all the characters prior to Season 2 in the end.

Looks promising.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Interesting premise as well. I must confess to not having read the book, which is also meant to be good.

With a lot of these things I find it's better not to have read the source material.

Edited by Park Life

Just now, Park Life said:

With a lot of these things I it's better not to have read the source material.

I think I read Neil Gaiman was quite heavily involved in it and it was trying to stay close to the book. But, as you allude to, it's best to judge these things as separate entities.

I do feel with quality popcorn (like Game of Thrones) it's best not to invest the time in the books anymore.

There's a tonne of important stuff out there that's more deserving of our attention.

1 minute ago, adios said:

I do feel with quality popcorn (like Game of Thrones) it's best not to invest the time in the books anymore.

There's a tonne of important stuff out there that's more deserving of our attention.

Like being snidey on the internet :D

2 minutes ago, adios said:

Like how you've gone for the metric option there.

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think I read Neil Gaiman was quite heavily involved in it and it was trying to stay close to the book. But, as you allude to, it's best to judge these things as separate entities.

I read something my Gaiman when I was a kid and really enjoyed it.  Can't remember what it was now but it was funny and involved witches.