Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

6 hours ago, sammynb said:

Interested to see where @Ayatollah Hermione ended up with the world greatest mini golf show?

Not started yet, even with the stinking hangover yesterday. Just noticed your DM though so it’ll be getting watched. Just need the right combo of a Friday night in by myself with fuck all else to do

17 hours ago, ewerk said:

Is Asperger’s not a thing anymore?

As far as I'm aware the DSM has abandoned the use of term aspergers as a diagnosis, understandably. I think a lot people, who are on the spectrum and considered higher functioning still like to use the term as am identifier that distances them from folk in other extreme corners of the spectrum which I also understand.

But aye a lot of folk find the term pretty offensive since it comes from a Nazi German doctor who was tasked with evaluating folk with additional needs and decided which ones could be put to work and which would be put to death. Hans Asperger.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ewerk said:

Harry is coming off too cocky. I feel a comeuppance on the horizon.

I thought that BUT, he's got the two female NPCs all sown up. Esepcially Molly, who fancies him and he completely manipulates (admitted himself yesterday).

Say he murders Zack today, then Jasmine is definitely gone at the round table tonight. Who does that leave? Andrew, Jaz, Harry and his bitches. His bitches will vote off the other males. 

He's played an absolute blinder and it would not surprise me if he is a bone fide psychopath. 

Edited by Renton

16 hours ago, ewerk said:

Harry is coming off too cocky. I feel a comeuppance on the horizon.

If this was American reality TV editing then definitely, over here I'm not so sure. Then again, will they really let someone win who can't say "faithful" properly?

42 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

If this was American reality TV editing then definitely, over here I'm not so sure.

Don't know the show you "guys" are talking about but Meenzer makes an interesting point about the difference between English productions and other English speaking countries reality TV shows.

When editing shows for broadcasters in Australia or the US of A, we, editors, are forced to make what the industry calls Frankengrabs, so taking pieces from various interviews/scenes, to create the story/drama that the production wants.

Next time you watch Married at first sight or some such shite, there are multiple clues to a frankengrab, it will sound slightly robotic, the inflection between words will sound wrong or there will be a lack of natural rhythmn in the sentence - sometimes you get lucky but generally you can hear them.

Visually the clues are you will see the person for only a small part of the whole time they are speaking, usually at the start, then they will cut away to reactions from others in the scene, a non-sync wide like the back of that person's head or even exteriors of where the scene is. It's manufacturing something from what is often already an extreme situation the protagonist is placed in.

If you are making the same show for an English broadcaster they don't allow frankengrabs - which is the way it should be.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Don't know the show you "guys" are talking about but Meenzer makes an interesting point about the difference between English productions and other English speaking countries reality TV shows.

When editing shows for broadcasters in Australia or the US of A, we, editors, are forced to make what the industry calls Frankengrabs, so taking pieces from various interviews/scenes, to create the story/drama that the production wants.

Next time you watch Married at first sight or some such shite, there are multiple clues to a frankengrab, it will sound slightly robotic, the inflection between words will sound wrong or there will be a lack of natural rhythmn in the sentence - sometimes you get lucky but generally you can hear them.

Visually the clues are you will see the person for only a small part of the whole time they are speaking, usually at the start, then they will cut away to reactions from others in the scene, a non-sync wide like the back of that person's head or even exteriors of where the scene is. It's manufacturing something from what is often already an extreme situation the protagonist is placed in.

If you are making the same show for an English broadcaster they don't allow frankengrabs - which is the way it should be.

And the fact no-one notices is a worry. 🙂 

Just dumbed down for the dumbest. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Meenzer said:

If this was American reality TV editing then definitely, over here I'm not so sure. Then again, will they really let someone win who can't say "faithful" properly?

If he read this, he wouldn't be very happy with yourself. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, sammynb said:

That's interesting. Wonder how long 'til its all just deep fake AI. 

15 hours ago, Renton said:

Say he murders Zack today, then Jasmine is definitely gone at the round table tonight. Who does that leave? Andrew, Jaz, Harry and his bitches. His bitches will vote off the other males.

Totally sussed. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Wonder how long 'til its all just deep fake AI. 

Interestingly I don't think AI could do it successfully - the nuance of inflection and each particular person's delivery, ie how they speak, would be lost on AI.

I've seen many a producer hand off what they think is an acceptable frankengrab only for the editor to tell them to fuck off because no one speaks like that.

Now the number of dyslexic producers using ChatGPT to rewrite their crap VO scripts is another matter.

5 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Stupid bint. Why would a traitor vote to banish again.

That didn't even occur to me. :lol: I'd have been as flummoxed as her. 

9 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Stupid bint. Why would a traitor vote to banish again.

She knew he wasn't a traitor. But it was still possible Harry wasn't and she couldn't face banishing him because of that. She went with her heart rather than her brain, ALWAYS a fatal mistake. 

That was by far the best reality TV I have ever seen. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

That didn't even occur to me. :lol: I'd have been as flummoxed as her. 

Really? :lol:

Also, Evie should have known it was Harry from the start. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

She knew he wasn't a traitor. But it was still possible Harry wasn't and she couldn't face banishing him because of that. She went with her heart rather than her brain, ALWAYS a fatal mistake. 

That was by far the best reality TV ai have ever seen. 

The silly cunt put Harry down for banishment then changed her mind.

21 hours ago, sammynb said:

English shows use this editing device too 

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The silly cunt put Harry down for banishment then changed her mind.

About five times. Typical woman, can't make her mind up. :lol:

Got to feel for her mind. Losing 50k and getting a broken heart within the space of seconds. 

Edited by Renton