Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

World's Strongest Man on 5 now.

The things they make them do man. :lol: Shuttle runs carting 2 barrels and 2 big sacks of rocks. That is exactly what I would say if you asked me how someone could prove to me that they're the strongest man in the world.

They should be timed making a king size bed with a double bed fitted sheet and then putting a new cover on a 140 tog feather duvet. Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

Anyone who missed the tribute to Rik Mayall before Christmas it's on again tonight - BBC2 at 10.30pm

Watched that and ejnoyed it but wasn't it a bit strange there were no contributions from Peter Richardson, Nigel Planer and above all Ade Edmonson?

There were thanks to Mayall's wife at the end so it couldn't have been that "unauthorised".

The Look of Love that was on over the Christmas was decent enough. Steve Coogan as Paul Raymond, a nudie show impresario from back in the day.

If you like lots of naked women with hairy fannies, you'll love this (that should definitely go on the poster). Anna Friel gets them out for a bit too.

Rod Taylor died today aged 84. He was the Inventor in the 60's film adaptation of HG Wells 'Time Machine' which I loved watching when I was younger and still do. Watched it again last year with my young un and she thought it was great too. This is my recommendation of something to watch especially if youve got kids although if they're too young it might scare them. RIP Rod.

I've been watching Arne Dahl on Netflix. It's another Swedish crime drama but has some slightly odd elements at times. It's a load of 2 parters, with each episode 1.5 hours long but it's developing into a decent show.

It's alright. Nothing special, but dead easy to watch and there's some funny characters in it.

In other recommendations:

Boss is worth a look. Kelsey Grammer as the mayor of Chicago. It's a Starz show (HBO competitor), so it's hour long episodes; tits, f-bombs, the lot.

Also Spiral is back on BBC4. Season 5.

About 5 episodes into under the dome. I'd give it about a 5 or 6 out of 10 so far. It's yet to really get going and quite a lot is different to the book but I'm interested to see how it turns out.

It may end up being total crap but I'm undecided right now.

Yeah, but not wholly unexpected if you're a Stephen King fan - he loves the supernatural nonsense. Still a master at character development, thrills and suspense after all these years.

These days he loves the supernatural stuff. His best work was straight up horror though

Pet Semetary

Salems Lot

The Shining

Christine

Misery

Carrie

IT

Etc.

Aye, I wouldn't disagree with that. Misery is without a doubt the most terrifying book I've ever read. I couldn't sleep for days afterwards. Way more chilling than the movie.

My other personal favourites of his include the stand and the long walk. The running man is good too.

Anyone watching celebrity big brother?

It's mint :lol: a load of has beens and never weres driving the final nail into their career coffins. Half of them are in full on meltdown mode after 3 days

yes, though i don't like to admit it in open forums generally. worryingly katie hopkins is coming across like the normal one so far.

I had no plans to watch it but after hearing about the craic on Saturday night watched it and it is actually good entertainment for once. Ken Morley is an entirely despicable human being.