Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

I didn't like the film at all but I will have to check out the TV show if it's meant to be better.

I just thought the film was far too disorganised and didn't flow right at all. Although maybe it was trying to be like tha? As from my reading experience the Neapolitan underworld has always been like that and a lot less formal than that of the Cosa Nostra and the 'Ndrangheta.

Anybody watch Life Stories last night?

Outstanding stuff from Sir David as we all expect.

Those barnacle goose chicks man. :(

I watched it with the Fistlets, saw the trailer and thought

" Baby animals, aye, they'll love that"

Fuck me..... The Geese! :lol:

Really enjoyed the last season of Boardwalk. They kind of painted themselves into a corner with Luciano, Lanskey and Capone because anyone with any knowledge of these real life gangsters knew how they ended up but it was still a much more interesting story than season 4 and I think I came to a pretty decent conclusion. It might have been nice to see one more all out war for Nucky but they would have had to rewrite history to do it.

Aye the 30 for 30's are cracking, really interesting even when it's about a sport/person I have little to no interest or knowledge about.

They done one about that Allen Iverson and his trial when he was in high school, gives the other side of just how young and vulnerable some of these lads are when they're all over the media and people are judging everything they do.

There's a documentary called Schooled: the price of college sports that really attacks the whole student athlete thing that the NCAA uses, you might enjoy that in all. Aye the Fab 5 one is class, there's a recent one about the university of Miami American football team that's sort of similar (as it's about the first time they started recruiting inner city kids same as Michigan did with the Fab 5).

I wish there was something similar about footy because they're really brilliant, there's a one about Hillsborough which I've not watched yet but I'm meaning like getting into and behind the scenes of some great teams or big, memorable situations.

Aye I've watched a lot of these cos they're all on US Netflix. Looks like they've dropped a bunch of new ones on recently too. There's one called Unguarded which is worth a watch. I'm just watching the one about Jimmy Connors at the U.S. Open, will give No Mas a go later, cheers.

Just watched McCullin on Netflix, documentary about the photo journalist.

Powerful stuff, very simply done.

Fantastic photographer. Well known for his 'thousand yard stare' portraits of US Marines in Vietnam and other stuff from conflict zones like Beirut but his 'social history' type photos of the UK are well worth a deek.

(Couldn't put the link in the last post @Alex)

Duran v Leonard "No Mas"

Cheers, Ant. Will have a look at that. You seen that Fabulous Four doc about Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and Duran? It's canny and has some great footage. That was a golden era for middleweight boxing when I was growing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGKJfst9kL8

Ramsey's Costa del Nightmares on 4 in 10 mins. It's in Capbreton near where we go on holiday every year and our mates' restaurant just along from the 'nightmare' features I think. They said the film crew were in a few times but not sure if it will get on. The chef is a good mate of mine anyway and apparently Ramsay ate there every day and said he was doing a great job. Never been to the featured place, obviously.

I've met the owner a couple of times and ate at all three of his mountain restaurants!

• 3 weeks later...

is that the series where they are after our bomb? Cant decide whether to watch it or not. Think it'll probably piss me off but if its anything like that GI Joe movie where they have about 4 veiled guys with machine guys watching over the nukes it'll be highly amusing :lol:

Luther - I know I'm going to be in the minority here but how is this show rated? Of course Idris Elba is his usual magnificent self but there are so many plot jumps and plot holes in the show it is entirely contrived and unbelievable.

Over the course of the last week I've watched Century of the Self and Power of Nightmares. I feel like I'm ready for my tin foil hat now.

Welcome to the Parkydome. :)

Btw all these bods have to keep predicting 'the end' of they're out of jobs/fat grant cheques.

Edited by Park Life