Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Yep. Give it a go - you might be surprised.

Mrs Gloom loves it. I was determined to hate it, given the premise. Such cheap TV. But it's pulled me in and made me laugh out loud a few times. Some of he families are such plebs though - the fat family from North London and the two birds from Brixton are rank. Love the County Durham family - the young lass with the orange face is mint. And the old perv from Liverpool.

I think we mainly focused on Macbeth and To Kill A Mockingbird for the exams. And a lot of WWI (sorry, WW1) poetry. Obviously read a bunch of other stuff from the syllabus too but can I fuck remember any of it. :lol:

I had to do the poetry of Thomas Hardy, because his novels aren't fucking depressing enough :lol:

(Even though we were the top stream, over 75% of the class failed eng.lit. at the first attempt due utter disinterest in the set studies.)

I did English Lit A-Level and that year the theme was 'Tragedies' Fucking hell, it was depressing. Oedipus Rex, Dr Faustus, Antony & Cleopatra, The Power and the Glory and the poems of Gerard Manly Hopkins, a manic depressive priest who eventually dies of typhoid. It was cheery stuff.

For some reason A Midsummer Nights Dream was in there somewhere and was a little ray of sunshine. I love it to this day.

Mrs Gloom loves it. I was determined to hate it, given the premise. Such cheap TV. But it's pulled me in and made me laugh out loud a few times. Some of he families are such plebs though - the fat family from North London and the two birds from Brixton are rank. Love the County Durham family - the young lass with the orange face is mint. And the old perv from Liverpool.

They've got a pair of sisters from Leeds on this new series who are just thick as mince and very annoying.

They've got a pair of sisters from Leeds on this new series who are just thick as mince and very annoying.

They seemed very aware of being on camera at first. At least I hope that was it, because christ, if that's their actual personalities... :jesuswept:

Aye, we did most of these mentioned. Canterbury Tales was like learning another language, what a load of shite. Our theme for A-Level was Dystopian futures so we got to do A Handmaid's Tale and 1984 which was canny. Though, we had to do Great Expectations at GCSE and then again at A-Level. What a kick in the balls.

They seemed very aware of being on camera at first. At least I hope that was it, because christ, if that's their actual personalities... :jesuswept:

"And lahk, ma eyes wuh glazed urver, and auntie Jane said "Look, yuh eyes ah glazed urvah" and it wuh the nahhht we was watchin Stickeh Vickeh..."

"That Stephen Fry - has he got a wife?"

:PMT: