Fiorentina in for Martins

Jimbo

He hasn't come out and said how great the fans/club are at all this seaon, IIRC but hes always been quick to do it several times in his previous seasons. I think hes been thinking about leaving since at least January.

I like the lad, but hes more of a luxury; you can't rely on someone like that in a relegation scrap.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame he didn't show half the effort in play as he did celebrating.

which is why he'll do fine in Italy.

Bad finisher, woeful first touch, no footballing brain...but he scored the occasional 40 yard screamer.

Shola?

Fuck him, kept hope for him for too long but he's really not a Premiership worthy player.

and we're not a Premiership worthy team so maybe hes ideal.

He can fuck off to be perfectly honest.

A very inconsistent player on the rare occasions that hes actually fucking fit.

Has the attributes to be world class but doesn't have the brain to utilize them.

Sell Sell Sell.

Despite my defence of him, I totally agree.

Won't be missed much when he leaves, but at least he gave us goals and will attract offers from decent clubs - unlike Smith who a lot of people on here preferred over Martins. Now there's 'fucking rubbish' for you.

He can fuck off to be perfectly honest.

A very inconsistent player on the rare occasions that hes actually fucking fit.

Has the attributes to be world class but doesn't have the brain to utilize them.

Sell Sell Sell.

Yes. Plus he's forged his birth certificate and is really 35 years old.

He's a cert to leave so the sooner something is sorted the better.

Agree with some of what is being said in here. Has the physical attributes to be exceptional, except missing a footballing brain (though he has become a better short passer since arricing IMO). The biggest issue though is that he's yet another player who is constantly injured.

Shame he didn't show half the effort in play as he did celebrating.

which is why he'll do fine in Italy.

Be surprised if Fiorentina offer enough money to tempt us or Martins.

Too brain dead to ever be a good player. And for someone with such pace his movement is fucking awful. He's someone you just can't rely on too, as my dad says, if he beat the last man on the half way line and had a clear run on goal you wouldn't bet against him falling over before he got there.

We do need to replace his pace though.

I like Oba, just he's he's a luxury we can't afford in the Championship tbh. It'd be great if we could keep him (if he'd even want to stay) but I think for the level of football we're pretty much covered up front, the youngsters should be able to cope without too much problem. Am I right in thinking we have an abundance of strikers/forwards as opposed to other areas of the team? I'd take Ranger and Carroll up front, as well as some of the others.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

I like Oba

I think he's done well enough for a £10m signing, his goal ratios not bad considering our midfield and we've had worse more expensive signings.

Considering he got 8goals in 23 for us in the league this year... not bad going considering the team was gash.

I'd love him to stay, fact is if we want to get back up we need one of these players who will have a stormer in the championship and he might well be it with some better service

Ah, the good old myth of having been "too good for the team".

He's been gash himself for the majority of the time here. You can't blame the inaptitude of his team mates for his crucial misses and his lack of a brain in general.

Guest alex
I like Oba

I think he's done well enough for a £10m signing, his goal ratios not bad considering our midfield and we've had worse more expensive signings.

Considering he got 8goals in 23 for us in the league this year... not bad going considering the team was gash.

I'd love him to stay, fact is if we want to get back up we need one of these players who will have a stormer in the championship and he might well be it with some better service

Ah, the good old myth of having been "too good for the team".

He's been gash himself for the majority of the time here. You can't blame the inaptitude of his team mates for his crucial misses and his lack of a brain in general.

Quite frankly neither 8 goals or 23 games is anywhere near good enough. Absolutely integral in the 'gashness' of the team this year. Of course some will point to him being better value than Owen, which is a bit like saying Ryan Taylor is better value than Kevin Nolan.

some of the comments here are harsh. yes he was frustrating but he's still been our best striker in the 3 seasons since shearer retired. i doubt we'll replace him with a better player.

that said, it's obvious he has to go. we can't afford his wages post-relegation and we'll get some wedge for him - he would destroy most championship defences mind.

Edited by Dr Gloom