Newcastle owner Mike Ashley shelves plans for statue of Alan Shearer

Scottish Mag

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on CT. Complete the sentences. (Bear in mind a quick blast on the 'search' function will inevitably bring some up which directly contradict them)

Shearer's personality will make him a bad manager because...

I am able to a sound judgement on Alan Shearer's future management career based on 8 games because...

I know Alan Shearer has a similar personality to Roy Keane because...

Come on Doreen, Entertain us!

Bedtime Thomas.

Its hard to be any clearer really, he's Roy Keane two.

You aren't being clear, you are saying stupid things and you aren't backing them up.

Answer the questions and don't deflect. Explain yourself.

Come on you've been going to football games for ''years''.

3 Sentences.

Fill them in.

or can't you substantiate your own opinion?

You aren't being clear, you are saying stupid things and you aren't backing them up.

Answer the questions and don't deflect. Explain yourself.

Come on you've been going to football games for ''years''.

3 Sentences.

Fill them in.

or can't you substantiate your own opinion?

Dont forget your pull ups.

Based on what though? Kean's failed at Sunderland and Ipswich. Shearer had 8 games at NUFC when they were all but relegated. How can you compare the two, unless you've worked with Shearer and know him well? Even then, he hasn't had a proper run at the job, so it would be prejudicial to draw any conclusions about his character. Plus you're ruling out the possibility he's smart enough to learn and adapt.

I don't think you've thought this one through. :lol:

:lol: WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE RESPONDING TO THIS TWAT?

I bet he didn't attend ANY of the games that Shearer was in charge for. He's a know-nowt who gets all his chat from the tabloids. Stop biting for him man.

Says the boring cunt who gave up supporting the toon many many moons ago.

Stick to watching athletes at the gym. ;)

"If I say 'the toon' it'll make me look authentic" - :lol: He knows the slang name and everyfink. Give up the charade man, it's genuinely embarrassing watching you try and cobble together football patter from the sports pages of tabloids. Taxi driver patter is no good on a message board when you have to come back every day - your fictional "My history as a Newcastle fan" story will work on a 10 minute journey, but it gets put to greater scrutiny on here, and you've embarrassed yourself. I've more or less given up on the club tbf, you're right about that. But you've never even started supporting them.

Says it all really......Trot on. ;)

At least I'm honest about it, and I had a seat and a financial investment in the club to give up. Fact remains you're a once a season daytripper who, in his 40s and with three children, makes stories up about his past as a fan. ;)

He still can't explain himself or substantiate his opinions. We have come full circle again and we have found my original post to be correct.

''Moron''

The only watch and waiting CT is up to is looking at the oven while his pizza cooks.

Keep them coming, eventually you'll strike gold like this cracker...... :lol:

I write so many jokes on this PC they should call it a LAUGHtop computer!

The only watch and waiting CT is up to is looking at the oven while his pizza cooks.

Keep them coming, eventually you'll strike gold like this cracker...... :lol:

I write so many jokes on this PC they should call it a LAUGHtop computer!

If i wanted to strike gold, I'd stay far away from your post history

Based on what though? Kean's failed at Sunderland and Ipswich. Shearer had 8 games at NUFC when they were all but relegated. How can you compare the two, unless you've worked with Shearer and know him well? Even then, he hasn't had a proper run at the job, so it would be prejudicial to draw any conclusions about his character. Plus you're ruling out the possibility he's smart enough to learn and adapt.

I think its an opinion. :lol: Given theres a 50% chance of one of us being right, I aint losing any sleep over the sheep, Ba'iiiiinnnnngggggg

Fuck me, this is really becoming intolerable. CT is a troll, same as Nick, and you morons keep giving them what they want - endless attention. The board is going to complete shit. Every thread turns into a CT-fest where he unveils his latest idiotic know-nowt/wind-up combo and people line up to prove him wrong. The joke is on you, though, because you think you're 'scoring points' when in reality you're just feeding his attention-seeking behaviour. There's no points to score. He will never admit he's wrong, and meantime you are dragged down to his level.

Ignore him. This isn't even a NUFC board any more, it's a Christmas Tree board. Just what he's wanted from the start.

[cue him quoting 1-2 sentences of this post and making some kind of 'witty quip' complete with a safety wink. I don't give a shit, he's on ignore, but reading all of your replies to him when I'm trying to read about NUFC is soul-destroying.]

:lol: WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE RESPONDING TO THIS TWAT?

I bet he didn't attend ANY of the games that Shearer was in charge for. He's a know-nowt who gets all his chat from the tabloids. Stop biting for him man.

Says the boring cunt who gave up supporting the toon many many moons ago.

Stick to watching athletes at the gym. ;)

"If I say 'the toon' it'll make me look authentic" - :lol: He knows the slang name and everyfink. Give up the charade man, it's genuinely embarrassing watching you try and cobble together football patter from the sports pages of tabloids. Taxi driver patter is no good on a message board when you have to come back every day - your fictional "My history as a Newcastle fan" story will work on a 10 minute journey, but it gets put to greater scrutiny on here, and you've embarrassed yourself. I've more or less given up on the club tbf, you're right about that. But you've never even started supporting them.

Says it all really......Trot on. ;)

At least I'm honest about it, and I had a seat and a financial investment in the club to give up. Fact remains you're a once a season daytripper who, in his 40s and with three children, makes stories up about his past as a fan. ;)

Keep trotting........

You even declined a free ticket off Alex so you could paint your hall.....

Trot, Trot, Trot!

Fuck me, this is really becoming intolerable. CT is a troll, same as Nick, and you morons keep giving them what they want - endless attention. The board is going to complete shit. Every thread turns into a CT-fest where he unveils his latest idiotic know-nowt/wind-up combo and people line up to prove him wrong. The joke is on you, though, because you think you're 'scoring points' when in reality you're just feeding his attention-seeking behaviour. There's no points to score. He will never admit he's wrong, and meantime you are dragged down to his level.

Ignore him. This isn't even a NUFC board any more, it's a Christmas Tree board. Just what he's wanted from the start.

[cue him quoting 1-2 sentences of this post and making some kind of 'witty quip' complete with a safety wink. I don't give a shit, he's on ignore, but reading all of your replies to him when I'm trying to read about NUFC is soul-destroying.]

Want to try a.kuqi cookie? But dont belly flop after, youll burst! (because of the cookies)

I think its an opinion. :lol: Given theres a 50% chance of one of us being right, I aint losing any sleep over the sheep, Ba'iiiiinnnnngggggg

Wasn't it Rodney Marsh who said "Yes, the game is all about opinions, except yours is shit"?

Usually an opinion has some basis in fact. I think what you're talking about is a gut feel? ;)

If Im on ignore, how do you know Im not right :lol: :lol: ;) ;) ;) ;) :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Once a month stalker. For gods sake, man up and lay down some opinions of your own for once. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Wasn't it Rodney Marsh who said "Yes, the game is all about opinions, except yours is shit"?

Usually an opinion has some basis in fact. I think what you're talking about is a gut feel? ;)

Why is your opinion any more right than mine??????

Why is your opinion any more right than mine??????

Because yours is shit ;)

Seriously, I'd respect your opinion on this if it had any basis. But as it stands it just sounds like you're prejudiced against him, I'm not sure why.

Because yours is shit :lol:

Seriously, I'd respect your opinion on this if it had any basis. But as it stands it just sounds like you're prejudiced against him, I'm not sure why.

See my opinion, right or wrong (time will tell), is based on my opinion of the bloke having met him on several occasions. I think he is to aloof, in the way Roy Keane was and consider this opinion backed up by some of the things players have said about him.

Regardless of whether it is right or wrong, its an opinion based on considered opinion.

The majority on here are basing their opinion on the fact he was a great number 9. :lol: and nothing else. They have nothing to back up why he should be a good manager.

Thomas still has Shearer Jim Jams so thats a bit understandable, but the rest are just clueless. IMO. ;)

The majority on here are basing their opinion on the fact he was a great number 9.

Substantiate your opinion.

Who is and how can you prove this? Where has it been implied?

You still can't fill in 3 simple sentences for crying out loud!

I wouldn't want to think we have a wind up merchant on our hands...

The majority on here are basing their opinion on the fact he was a great number 9. :lol: and nothing else. They have nothing to back up why he should be a good manager.

So you've taken a disliking to him because he was aloof with you when you met him, and from that you conclude that he won't make a successful manager? Sorry mate but it hardly sounds like a considered opinion to me.

I think you'll find few people are saying he WILL be a good manager at Cardiff or elsewhere. Just that it's too soon to say he won't be. So you might be right, but it'd be no more than a lucky guess at this stage.