Newcastle owner Mike Ashley shelves plans for statue of Alan Shearer

Scottish Mag

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in Shearer wonderland :superman: That bought back many memories, heart wrenching seeing Gary Speed too :cry:

One of my favourite Toon goals is against Leverkusen when Speed whips that cross in for Shearer with a mint header. Poifect goal.

Beautiful!

Bloody hell that man knew how to strike a ball emphatically. The power he got on some of those shots, especially on the turn like against Chelsea - in the first ten and #179, incredible. He didn't tend to score many with a delicate touch - which makes that volley against Villa (#97 I think) all the sweeter.

It's somehow fitting that Shearer's last goal was in the 4-1 win at the Stadium of Copyright Infringement (cheers whoever I've nicked that from) - in that his goals sadly never helped us win any trophies but they certainly gave us a lot of good memories - two cup finals, champions' league football and upper hand against the mackems, including of course that absolute twatting in 2006.

• 4 years later...

:lol:

Bob Murray on the bottom one.... "Ah shiiiit! Looks like a fucking paedo"

Bob Murray: " Fucking typical. Always turns out shit whenever we try to do something."

MLF standing next to him: "Mag mole made it. The mysterious cabal of Tyneside businessmen who divert money from Wearside to Tyneside nobbled him. FTM."