Newcastle owner Mike Ashley shelves plans for statue of Alan Shearer

Scottish Mag

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologise for saying it was utter crap that Shearer was to be Cardiff manager.

I see that he is in talks with Cardiff City.

I need to be less arrogant.

I hope Shearer takes the job.

Managers should start in lower leagues, or, as with Beardsley, with reserve teams.

Good luck to Alan Shearer with Cardiff.

I predict that he, McClaren and Sven will be competing in the top - so a former England captain, and 2 former England managers.

Does your catflap let Moomins in?

:lol:;) ;) ;):lol::icon_lol:;) ;) :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I'm tempted by the one I mentioned because it's a smaller screen. The tv will be for my bedroom and I'm tempted to use it as a computer monitor too.

I'm tempted by the one I mentioned because it's a smaller screen. The tv will be for my bedroom and I'm tempted to use it as a computer monitor too.

aye fair enough, the reviews aren't great on Amazon like.

I'd suggest that the next time Mrs.CT whips out the Mandingo strap-on and makes hubby's bitch-tits oscillate, hubby refrains from taking it out on t'interweb.

But that would be unkind of me.

Team Strap-on.

Back on topic though, it's a risky move by Cardiff, but if, as mentioned, Shearer gets the right team around him then who knows?

Wonder if he'll bring Dowie in again.

Good Luck to him.

And Hughton at Brum if whispers are to be believed.

Brum also complaining to the F.A about Villa in regards to the alleged tapping up of McLeish.

Dunno how they prove something like that anyway. They'd be better off coming to a quick agreement with Villa to bung them some compo and invest their energy on getting in a decent replacement imo. McLeish might do them a favour and get Villa relegated......

Sat 04 15:00 H Chelsea PREM 0-2 52,112 TB MR

Sat 11 17:30 A Stoke City PREM 1-1 27,382 TB MR

Sun 19 13:30 A Tottenham PREM 0-1 35,850 TB MR

Mon 27 20:00 H Portsmouth PREM 0-0 47,481 TB MR

May

Sun 03 13:30 A Liverpool PREM 0-3 44,121 TB MR

Mon 11 20:00 H Middlesbrough PREM 3-1 51,252 TB MR

Sat 16 15:00 H Fulham PREM 0-1 52,114 TB MR

Sun 24 16:00 A Aston Villa PREM 0-1 42,585 TB MR

Shearers 8 games for those that forget! :lol:

Not a lot many of blokes could have done with that!

Aye but opposition aside, there is a point that I think is roundabout trying to be made by CT and others.

The problem I saw was his failure to motivate on the last day of the season. A bloke who is one of us - a fan, couldn't muster up any passion in a bunch of players who collectively had plenty of ability to avoid the drop. Shame because at the Boro game at home, I thought he'd managed that one well and truly.

That said, I think on the back of 8 games it's unfair to call him a shit manager. Judge Hughton on the first half dozen games he managed us (relegation season) and we'd all class him as wank too.

Shearer could turn the corner and turn out to be a revelation. Good luck to him if he does take it.

Ok, Ill try and add some common sense to a flailing thread..

On Shearer managing us. WTF was he meant to do with THAT side in 8 games? Pretty much every pundit said he was mental for taking the role and he was destined to fail. The squad was in tatters after being strung out to dry all season by people like JFK. Then to come in and have to play some tough games.

No one can say whether he will be a good manager or not. No one. Not even Shearer knows. To say there are only two kinds of management is bollocks. Its over simplifying it. He needs good staff around him but he will get from the off is respect. But thats only the first step. I've no idea if he'd do well or not. But I certainly wouldnt be naive enough to think he could be judged after those 8 games, whatever his character is.

Aye but opposition aside, there is a point that I think is roundabout trying to be made by CT and others.

The problem I saw was his failure to motivate on the last day of the season. A bloke who is one of us - a fan, couldn't muster up any passion in a bunch of players who collectively had plenty of ability to avoid the drop. Shame because at the Boro game at home, I thought he'd managed that one well and truly.

That said, I think on the back of 8 games it's unfair to call him a shit manager. Judge Hughton on the first half dozen games he managed us (relegation season) and we'd all class him as wank too.

Shearer could turn the corner and turn out to be a revelation. Good luck to him if he does take it.

I think that goes for Mr Micky Owen as well. Last game as captain? didnt he go down fighting...

Tommy Craig apparently to come in as number 2.

It'll work a treat then. I think it's safe to say that in the Roeder / Shearer caretaker partnership at the end of the 2005/06 season, most of the credit for us turning it around and finishing 7th was attributed to Tommy Craig.