Shepherd In?

Park Life

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is bent as a nine inch knob like.

Say what?

Bent as is in, crooked, untrustworthy, devious, rather than Bent as in, hello sailor, shirt lifter, bum bandit.

He is bent as a nine inch knob like.

Say what?

Bent as is in, crooked, untrustworthy, devious, rather than Bent as in, hello sailor, shirt lifter, bum bandit.

Not really an issue for me like - I am pretty sure any premier league chairman would ensure a bit of sugar going his way if he could ( I am sure I would given that position ) just look at Hicks and Gilettes' expenses claims - the fact is as long as he gets some better advice on footballing matters I would love to see him back - there is no way on this earth we would have been hung out to dry in a relegation scrap like we were by Ashley - he wants fuckin shootin

From .com

Unconfirmed buyout denial:

Counter claim

Mention of the alleged Shepherd bid has brought forth a rash of contrary claims, with credence being given to the US-based consortium who undertook due diligence.

The findings of that financial process are understood to have complicated matters, with the purchase price no more than a starting point and further liabilities driving the real price up substantially. It's that latter situation that has caused doubts to surface over the Shepherd bid.

Presume this means that the £100million Fat Mike put in is to be paid back. £200million for a championship club is a lot of money...

From .com

Unconfirmed buyout denial:

Counter claim

Mention of the alleged Shepherd bid has brought forth a rash of contrary claims, with credence being given to the US-based consortium who undertook due diligence.

The findings of that financial process are understood to have complicated matters, with the purchase price no more than a starting point and further liabilities driving the real price up substantially. It's that latter situation that has caused doubts to surface over the Shepherd bid.

Presume this means that the £100million Fat Mike put in is to be paid back. £200million for a championship club is a lot of money...

Typical Ashley, fucking around to the bitter end.

My Dad was speculating about this last week and reckoned it would be a purchase price plus the debt being re-financed or whatever as he couldn't see Ashley writing off that much cash. Makes you wonder what the owner is playing at though since no one will buy it at around £200m (or anything over £100m for that matter) yet there's not a hope of clawing back his investment the way he's running the club either. Hope Ashley does a Michael Jackson tbh.

My Dad was speculating about this last week and reckoned it would be a purchase price plus the debt being re-financed or whatever as he couldn't see Ashley writing off that much cash. Makes you wonder what the owner is playing at though since no one will buy it at around £200m (or anything over £100m for that matter) yet there's not a hope of clawing back his investment the way he's running the club either. Hope Ashley does a Michael Jackson tbh.

:o Touches up Mcauley Culkin?

fwiw, I treat the negative stuff with the same scepticism as I do the positive stuff, purely because my poor little heart couldn't take it.

I don't envy his position to be honest. Nobody (no matter how much wedge they have) would want to make a £40 million loss let alone a £140million loss.

But before too long he reaches a tipping point where he either has to take the club off the market and start shifting players or let the costs run away and we end up in administration.

At what point in time does he HAVE to make another u-turn and take us off the market...

I don't envy his position to be honest. Nobody (no matter how much wedge they have) would want to make a £40 million loss let alone a £140million loss.

But before too long he reaches a tipping point where he either has to take the club off the market and start shifting players or let the costs run away and we end up in administration.

At what point in time does he HAVE to make another u-turn and take us off the market...

Personally I think he's already out of cash (readies that is, not assets etc..)....

There's no way he's asking for the £100m back. That would be insanity. Ashley may be a fool but his advisors should have some grasp on reality.

They're probably talking about liabilities arising from players contracts which could take some time to calculate.

What will really be holding the process up is Ashley desperately hoping someone makes a sentimental offer for the club, rather than one based on the real value of what they are buying.

Still, now potential investors have seen the books, they know how long they have to wait before they pick the club up for £1.

£50m free of non-footballing liabilities would be a very reasonable offer.

There's no way he's asking for the £100m back. That would be insanity. Ashley may be a fool but his advisors should have some grasp on reality.

They're probably talking about liabilities arising from players contracts which could take some time to calculate.

What will really be holding the process up is Ashley desperately hoping someone makes a sentimental offer for the club, rather than one based on the real value of what they are buying.

Still, now potential investors have seen the books, they know how long they have to wait before they pick the club up for £1.

Yup. Ashley can't afford the keep bluffing as he's fast running out of chips.

Sauce...?

:o

I think Shearer may have the 'charisma' to keep Freddy's ego in check. But alternatively, can just as easily see it ending in tears with these two.

I just wish panto season was not perpetual on Tyneside.

I'd imagine selling to Shepherd would be a particularly bitter pill to swallow. A bit like buying a car off someone for 10 grand, finding out it's a lemon, and selling it back to the same smirking bastard for a grand.

Not that I'm defending or feel sorry in any way for Ashley. I've been forced to conclude that his bizarre behaviour is purely vindictive for whatever reason. In which case I would have thought he'd rather take the hit and see us in the conference before selling to Shepherd.

Sauce...?

His net worth is around 700m now and that inc most of his assets. Rule of thumb is that these guys have about 20% liquid....I'd say he can't lay his hands on more than 150m if he really needed it.

From Nufc.com:

The BBC reported that a consortium were in "advanced talks over a £60m takeover" of the club via TV & online news updates on Monday, naming Freddy Shepherd as the lead figure and Alan Shearer as preferred manager.

Informed sources on Tyneside are now giving credence to the story and suggesting that this Friday could finally see something solid break, bringing an end to the weeks of claims, whispers and half-truths over United's future.

The price quoted seems ridiculous - has our stock really fallen that far? - but the story seems to have gathered pace after reported sightings of Shepherd and Shearer at the old La Sagesse school in Jesmond, recently bought by the former Chairman.

The return of FS would surely be another backwards step if we're treated to more embarrassing "Geordie Nation" utterances, exclusive Sky interviews with Jim White, family members on the board, dubious agent involvement and local car dealer hangers-on back in the Director's Box.

Mike Ashley & Co have been an unmitigated disaster but have we really been beaten into submission to the extent that the man who bought Albert Luque and Michael Owen (Graeme Souness insists he was a bystander in both deals) can walk straight back in?

And we haven't even mentioned Toongate....

This club has been without competent management at all levels for decades and that needs to change. Now.

what particular golden era are you talking about here - the 1960's, 70's, 80's, 90's or current era ?

Or when we qualified regularly for europe........with one of the best teams in the country and bought top quality footballers and filled the stadium every week. Doesn't sound like a badly run club to me.

If you mean the 1950's, we may have won 3 FA Cups but we still got relegated and the club was run by a bunch of twats who creamed off as much as they could.

Further than that, you are looking at when we last won the league....

From Nufc.com:

The BBC reported that a consortium were in "advanced talks over a £60m takeover" of the club via TV & online news updates on Monday, naming Freddy Shepherd as the lead figure and Alan Shearer as preferred manager.

Informed sources on Tyneside are now giving credence to the story and suggesting that this Friday could finally see something solid break, bringing an end to the weeks of claims, whispers and half-truths over United's future.

The price quoted seems ridiculous - has our stock really fallen that far? - but the story seems to have gathered pace after reported sightings of Shepherd and Shearer at the old La Sagesse school in Jesmond, recently bought by the former Chairman.

The return of FS would surely be another backwards step if we're treated to more embarrassing "Geordie Nation" utterances, exclusive Sky interviews with Jim White, family members on the board, dubious agent involvement and local car dealer hangers-on back in the Director's Box.

Mike Ashley & Co have been an unmitigated disaster but have we really been beaten into submission to the extent that the man who bought Albert Luque and Michael Owen (Graeme Souness insists he was a bystander in both deals) can walk straight back in?

This club has been without competent management at all levels for decades and that needs to change. Now.

what particular golden era are you talking about here - the 1960's, 70's, 80's, 90's or current era ?

Or when we qualified regularly for europe........with one of the best teams in the country and bought top quality footballers and filled the stadium every week. Doesn't sound like a badly run club to me.

If you mean the 1950's, we may have won 3 FA Cups but we still got relegated and the club was run by a bunch of twats who creamed off as much as they could.

5th best club ;)

From Nufc.com:

5th best club ;)

Some of the best managers in the world applying for the job...

sport-graphics-2007_710953a.jpg