West Brom Away 08/08/09

TheUsualSuspect9

Nowt brings a tear to my eye like the blind hope of youth.

Amir, we're truly, truly fucked. Last season West Brom played better football than us. They did. They will do again and will do so unfettered by a carnival in the boardroom, they will play under an actual manager and they will do so without each and every "star" playing with one eye on the exit.

We. Are. Screwed.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nowt brings a tear to my eye like the blind hope of youth.

Amir, we're truly, truly fucked. Last season West Brom played better football than us. They did. They will do again and will do so unfettered by a carnival in the boardroom, they will play under an actual manager and they will do so without each and every "star" playing with one eye on the exit.

We. Are. Screwed.

You've changed your tune like. :(

3-0 to them? 2-0 to them, no fucking way, were shite but honestly not that shite, what people seem to forget they are awful as well. I say it'll be a 1-1 or 2-2 draw.

4-4-1-1 for me.

Harper

Raylor Saylor Coloccini Enrique

Lua Lua Guthrie Barton Duff

Nolan

Carroll

6-1 at Orient suggests otherwise.

Its a friendly, theyve lost more than we have in preseason... To even lower sides than Orient.

Fish, even if theyre settled our side should be equal if not better than theirs, this is the championship were talking about. Do not forget who on earth will score their goals? Last year Fortune scored twice for them he dosent play for them anymore, their defence is worse than ours. Still 1-1 or 2-2 for me. The only players we should fear from their sides are Greening and Brunt, the rest are terribad.

Owen, Viduka, and Martins don't play for us anymore.

Can I have some of what you're on please?

Owen, Viduka and Martins didnt play when we played them at The Hawthorns last year, you clearly wont need what im on, since your on something yourself. :(

An optimistic result for me is a draw really.

3-0 to them? 2-0 to them, no fucking way, were shite but honestly not that shite, what people seem to forget they are awful as well. I say it'll be a 1-1 or 2-2 draw.

4-4-1-1 for me.

Harper

Raylor Saylor Coloccini Enrique

Lua Lua Guthrie Barton Duff

Nolan

Carroll

6-1 at Orient suggests otherwise.

Its a friendly, theyve lost more than we have in preseason... To even lower sides than Orient.

Fish, even if theyre settled our side should be equal if not better than theirs, this is the championship were talking about. Do not forget who on earth will score their goals? Last year Fortune scored twice for them he dosent play for them anymore, their defence is worse than ours. Still 1-1 or 2-2 for me. The only players we should fear from their sides are Greening and Brunt, the rest are terribad.

Owen, Viduka, and Martins don't play for us anymore.

Can I have some of what you're on please?

Owen, Viduka and Martins didnt play when we played them at The Hawthorns last year, you clearly wont need what im on, since your on something yourself. :(

An optimistic result for me is a draw really.

Drawing direct comparisons to one of the few games we won last year is pointless in any case though. Things have changed for both clubs, in our case clearly not for the better and with morale as low as it is I'd be surprised at one point let alone three.

Renton, I can't think why

alex, touché

Amir, I like your optimism, but you'll see it's unfounded.

We still lack creation, we still have no striker to speak of and we still have no manager.

It's having Hughton at the helm that's the killer imo. It's symptomatic of the way in which the club has drifted since the season ended and that's got to have a massive effect on the players.

Edited by alex

It's having Hughton at the helm that's the killer imo. It's symptomatic of the way in which the club has drifted since the season ended and that's got to have a massive effect on the players.

Hougton is the footballing equivalent of Iain Duncan-Smth.

I always thought West Brom were a canny footballing side last season, if they'd gambled on bringing in a half decent centre forward I think they might have done a lot better. I heard Di Matteo on the radio the other night, going on about how good a pre-season they'd had and how well it was going. Then I looked at us. Fuck.

I always thought West Brom were a canny footballing side last season, if they'd gambled on bringing in a half decent centre forward I think they might have done a lot better. I heard Di Matteo on the radio the other night, going on about how good a pre-season they'd had and how well it was going. Then I looked at us. Fuck.

http://www.wba.co.uk/page/FriendlyGuide/0,,10366,00.html

By losing 3, Drawing 4 times. We've had a better preseason in terms of results.

http://www.wba.co.uk/page/FriendlyGuide/0,,10366,00.html

By losing 3, Drawing 4 times. We've had a better preseason in terms of results.

Results mean nout pre-season like, apart from getting thrashed 6-1 by the O.

Guthrie is out, so team prediction....

Harper

Ryan Taylor Steven Taylor Coloccini Enrique

Lua Lua Smith Barton Gutierrez

Shola Duff

Doubt he will drop Nolan.

I was looking for at least one positive to come out of the last 12 months. Not seeing Kevin Nolan wobble around the Hawthorns would be one.

Apparently they're going to be getting in Mattock. In which case a decent championship-level right-winger with pace and a tendancy to cut in towards the corner of the box will tear them to shreds. Does Lua Lua fit that?

Well Smiths a starter seeing as he is captain... :(

I actually thought Smith did reasonably well when he came back at the end of last season - despite being clearly half fit.

He done absolutely nothing as per usual. He barely moves from the centre circle. One of the biggest myths in football is about Alan Smith giving his all and working his arse off for the team. In a black & white shirt he's a lazy cunt whose legs have completely gone.

Guthrie is out, so team prediction....

Harper

Ryan Taylor Steven Taylor Coloccini Enrique

Lua Lua Smith Barton Gutierrez

Shola Duff

Doubt he will drop Nolan.

I was looking for at least one positive to come out of the last 12 months. Not seeing Kevin Nolan wobble around the Hawthorns would be one.

deffo think nolan will be in as an advanced midfielder feeding off knock downs (bounces off) Shola. duff will be rw and guti lw joining in as and when!!

I'd say:

Harper

R. Taylor S. Taylor Kadar Enrique

Jonas Smith Barton Duff

Nolan

Shola (or Carroll)

This is not what I want, but what I think we will see.

Edited by OzToonFan