Matchday

Christmas Tree

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda wish we'd get to see the likes of Ranger, Krul and those promising youngsters get a game today.

the thought of watching the same bunch of useless fuckers as last year being useless in a lower league is disheartening

1-1 draw

Same here, although I have faith in Harper so I don't think we need to rush Krul in just yet. But I fully agree with the sentiment, I would have a lot more respect for Hughton and co if they had the balls to throw in the likes of Vuckic, Ranger and LuaLua rather than persist with the has beens of last season that prove time and time again that they are hopeless (particularly aimed at Nolan, Smith and to a lesser extent Duff, Ameobi and Jonas).

I can honestly see Geremi hobbling on if a substitute is required rather than try one of the aforementioned youngsters...I think it would take a severe injury crisis for any of these lads to get a proper run in the first team. This, along with many other obvious reasons, I'm not to enthusiastic about the match or the season in general.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Hello all,

First time poster wishing you luck today and for the season. I signed up because I admire the humor you guys share and the passion you show for your team, even in such a dire situation. The Rancid Turds gold thread didn't hurt either.

Anyway, good luck today!

I'm feeling like there's nothing to get excited about, we'll be the same old shit we were last season with the same lack of motivation from the players, lack of direction from the management team and complete piss-taking by the owner. Just going through the motions tbh.

I wonder if NUSC could produce a statement (representing ALL NUFC supporters), having it delivered to all players and coaching staff, stating that no matter how much shite is going on, those fortunate to wear our famous colours are representing the hopes and dreams and what is left of our pride, and that we are relying on them to do their utmost to fight for us. ? Just a thought. Maybe a shit one.

Henry Winter on Twitter:

At The Hawthorns, Newcastle fans are amazing. Club in chaos and in the Championship yet they travel in their thousands here

TEAMS

WBA: Scott Carson, Gianni Zuiverloon, Jonas Olsson, Shelton Martis, Marek Cech, Youssouf Mulumbu, Jonathan Greening, Chris Brunt, Robert Koren, Chris Wood, Luke Moore

Subs: Dean Kiely, Filipe Teixeira, Reuben Reid, Simon Cox, Leon Barnett, Graham Dorrans, tbc

NUFC: Steve Harper, Ryan Taylor, Jose Enrique, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, Alan Smith ©, Jonas Gutierrez, Damien Duff, Kevin Nolan, Shola Ameobi, Andy Carroll

Subs: Tim Krul, Tamas Kadar, Geremi, Kazenga LuaLua, Joey Barton, Xisco, Nile Ranger

Henry Winter on Twitter:

At The Hawthorns, Newcastle fans are amazing. Club in chaos and in the Championship yet they travel in their thousands here

He's the top football journo iyam. Top by a long, long, way anarl.

Henry Winter on Twitter:

He's the top football journo iyam. Top by a long, long, way anarl.

Agreed. George Caulkin is a good journo as well. You can tell they've spent a lot of years covering the game and because of that, their pieces are always well researched and intelligent. Winter was usually the only one to talk any sense on that Sunday Supplement wind-up-a-thon too.

Henry Winter on Twitter:

This is the kind of thing that gets mackems and Spurs fans spitting venom at their monitors :lol:

Henry Winter on Twitter:

This is the kind of thing that gets mackems and Spurs fans spitting venom at their monitors :lol:

No doubt voodoo dolls are being constructed of H.W. in the village of the damned as we speak. That, and two or three threads on RTG about his outrageous comments.

Once again the pace, movement and energy in that team is shocking.

Crikey, Tooj, you're having a go already. Have a spilff, watch the match and THEN consider your argument. You're just a young Geoff Boycott :lol:

Edited by snakehips