Martins with a parting shot...

AmericanMag

from what i know.

Martins would regularly take 10/20 or so mates out every weekend for meals in places like gustos on the quayside (£30 a head inc drinks?) and then to Sea nightclub afterwards where he bought everyones drinks all night. And if your buying cars and paying rediculous rent aswell it probably would add up

Friend of a friend does the wages for a few of the London based African players and says it's usual for the stars to request pay advance because they're out of money and have bills to pay.

Ridiculous to think they can burn thru all that cash

from what i know.

Martins would regularly take 10/20 or so mates out every weekend for meals in places like gustos on the quayside (£30 a head inc drinks?) and then to Sea nightclub afterwards where he bought everyones drinks all night. And if your buying cars and paying rediculous rent aswell it probably would add up

Well, nobody said money bought you taste.

£40,000 in one weekend. Fuck me, that must take some doing. What did he buy? gold plated unicorns and Malawi?

There are those in Rovers circles who said that we should buy him off you. Thank fuck we didn't if he is that crap with money. Him and Spit the Diouf together would have been appalling, trying to outdo each other on the fancy cars (although Diouf's chrome plated merc would take some beating).

• 2 months later...
A thick cunt hero-worshipped by thick cunts.

Slightly phrased differently but...

Former Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins today won a High Court battle with his former management company which sued him for £300,000.

Judge Richard Seymour QC, dismissing all the claims, said Nigerian Mr Martins, who spent his childhood in poverty, had been "dazzled" by promises of glittering business links with rap star P. Diddy.

This had led the "unsophisticated" footballer to sign a contract with NVA Management Ltd agreeing to hand over a percentage of his earnings from sponsorship deals.

But the judge ruled the contract was unenforceable and he was not satisfied that Mr Martins ever agreed to pay NVA a commission of 20% on the deals.

He said he was "very unimpressed" by Chris Nathaniel, sole director of NVA, who as a witness "was quite prepared to say whatever he thought suited" his case.

Mr Nathaniel had alleged that Mr Martins needed a manager to run his life after always being broke on his £75,000 a week salary.

The judge said advice given by NVA was not asked for by Mr Martins and the company had not arranged the footballer's sponsorship deals with Nigerian companies and Pepsi and Nike.

The footballer had paid NVA at least £286,642 under their agreement and this was "more than generous recompense for whatever of value NVA actually did for Mr Martins", said the judge.

After Newcastle were relegated from the Premiership to the Championship, Mr Martins was sold to German Bundesliga champions Wolfsburg in July for £9 million.

Also shows what a bullshitter Chris Nathaniel is.

Edited by Isegrim

Allegedly when the players had that infamous meeting where they were asked whether they wanted to stay and fight or not, Smith and Harper told Martins not to bother answering and told him to find another club and fuck off.

Allegedly when the players had that infamous meeting where they were asked whether they wanted to stay and fight or not, Smith and Harper told Martins not to bother answering and told him to find another club and fuck off.

I can well believe it but i would need a source for this rumour to be certain.

I heard from a good source he completely took the piss with regard to training when he felt like it etc. under Hughton and Kinnear (I still find it difficult to believe he was our manager btw) last season.

Sounds like Smudger was on the warpath that day. Trying to strangle Beye and telling Martins not to answer. Legend.

I heard from a good source he completely took the piss with regard to training when he felt like it etc. under Hughton and Kinnear (I still find it difficult to believe he was our manager btw) last season.

I must have blanked it out because when I was watching the Ashley documentary I got the shock of my life when his greasy mullet appeared on the screen :lol:

I'd kind of forgotten he was :lol: Probably the same syndrome as when the brain blanks out a traumatic incident....