Newcastle United vs Reading FC

Tom

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This score papers over cracks. Still need to get some pace and creativity on this pitch today. That cross was abnormal Barton in the middle Nolan up front lulu on the right.

Nice to see Barry Moat still there and applauding at the end of the half, evidently Fat Cunt and his gormless gimp had fucked off early for a pie or something.

Lol, "Ameobi's not the most prolific striker in the world but he is a handful"... fuck me, what matches have they seen him play in then? :blink:

They've called him "experienced", "a handful" and "bandy legged" but they've stopped short of saying he's any good :razz:

This score papers over cracks. Still need to get some pace and creativity on this pitch today. That cross was abnormal Barton in the middle Nolan up front lulu on the right.

Aye it does... but a lot of us were saying the same when we scored a goal last season and that, if we lost and got relegated at least it'd open their eyes to see how much investment in depth is needed....

And now look at us :blink:

Apart from that glaring screwup at the start of the half I think Jonas has looked vastly better than his terrible performance last week. He actually took a shot, for one, and it gave us the corner we scored from.

Reading have had good possession - this Karacem lad looks especially quality - but they have never looked like troubling us and I hope we can maintain this level of decent performance.

Carroll a total non-entity in this game, as is Nolan.

Apart from that glaring screwup at the start of the half I think Jonas has looked vastly better than his terrible performance last week. He actually took a shot, for one, and it gave us the corner we scored from.

Reading have had good possession - this Karacem lad looks especially quality - but they have never looked like troubling us and I hope we can maintain this level of decent performance.

I don't think Carroll's been 'a non entity', he's been winning a fair bit in the air, certainly more so than Ameobi - perhaps if he wasn't having to work for the two of them he'd get chance to score as well.

Reckon Carroll is suffering from a lack of Duff, but Nolan was absent in the first half of the game against WBA, perhaps he'll push on in the 2nd half here too?

Jonas looks exactly the same to me, still running down blind alleys, still can't cross, still can't score. Looks a player totally lacking in confidence. That chance, if he'd taken it, would have brought much more out of him I reckon. We'll never know like.

I know that Moat is Ashley's mate, but other than that, is there any significance in them sitting together so blatantly? Does this mean Moat is making sufficient in-roads so that we might see a new owner soon?

shola did his best to miss like. we've dominated to be fair but final balls have mostly been crap. how bad have barton's corners been?

shola/carrol is not a viable front two either. we need some movement up top. carrol actually looks quite canny to me. enrique and jonas linking up quite well. i think this team can do alright in this division if we don't lose too many more players and the takeover goes through.

Agree re: Jonas. Has combined nicely with Enrique. Lost his footing when just about clear through on goal :blink: . Enrique has been the stand-out thus far (even though he has put in some ordinary crosses). The one that Shola scored off was inch perfect, and have to say Shola's run at the back post was well timed and the header (although awkward looking) was reasonably well directed. All in all we deserve the lead. Coloccini needs to be more physical with Long. Was super lucky to get away with a shambolic challenge that was incorrectly adjudged to be a foul by Long.

shola/carrol is not a viable front two either. we need some movement up top. carrol actually looks quite canny to me. enrique and jonas linking up quite well. i think this team can do alright in this division if we don't lose too many more players and the takeover goes through.

Yeah, Carroll has done well to get to plenty of long balls and has knocked them down nicely. Doesn't help that Shola is 20 yards away strolling instead of hanging around looking for the knock-down like any lucid half decent strike partner would be.