Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

Surprised at how many people have been taken in by Redheugh. If he was really involved would he spreading stuff all over internet forums? I don't think so somehow. Lee Ryder's lackey more like.

Redheugh is not a person, it is a movement, a cult, a being of higher understanding ............

Your probably right ofcourse, but it is funny watching that thread on n/o and seeing people keep typing "any news redheugh.....Redheugh, are you there......"

Its like a seance. ;)

Edited by Christmas Tree
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised at how many people have been taken in by Redheugh. If he was really involved would he spreading stuff all over internet forums? I don't think so somehow. Lee Ryder's lackey more like.

Redheugh is not a person, it is a movement, a cult, a being of higher understanding ............

Your probably right ofcourse, but it is funny watching that thread on n/o and seeing people keep typing "any news redheugh.....Redheugh, are you there......"

Its like a seance. ;)

As I've said before, the only thing he's correctly predicted is that day's Chronicle story re: NUFC.

Its like a seance. :cry:

The first rule of Redheugh is you don't talk about Redheugh. ;)

Its like a seance. :(

The first rule of Redheugh is you don't talk about Redheugh. :)

The second rule of Redheugh is you don't try to cross Redheugh in high winds

Anyway, I am beginning to lose hope (Yes Alex, my glass is half empty today). I was sure that something would have leaked out following yesterdays supposed meeting between the yanks and the wanks.

How come these journalists all had "sources" close to the deal last week telling them about the yanks flying in?

Where are those sources now?

ITK Redheugh was yesterday saying that it was virtually nailed on a deal was going to happen, yet today he is absent?

Has it really being the summer of con? :)

The thing is all these ITKs always seem to post about the actual story thats going on, never have I seen one come in with some groundbreaking, this will happen story to then have it confirmed two days later.

This whole thing with the Yanks meeting the club on Monday, I didnt hear any Yank accents or see a stetson anywhere in the ground.

What I did see quite clearly though was Graham Roberts, he was in town and he was at a meeting. Whatever else shite that he spouts, he was spot on wth that.

Anyway, I am beginning to lose hope (Yes Alex, my glass is half empty today). I was sure that something would have leaked out following yesterdays supposed meeting between the yanks and the wanks.

How come these journalists all had "sources" close to the deal last week telling them about the yanks flying in?

Where are those sources now?

ITK Redheugh was yesterday saying that it was virtually nailed on a deal was going to happen, yet today he is absent?

Has it really being the summer of con? :rolleyes:

The thing is all these ITKs always seem to post about the actual story thats going on, never have I seen one come in with some groundbreaking, this will happen story to then have it confirmed two days later.

This whole thing with the Yanks meeting the club on Monday, I didnt hear any Yank accents or see a stetson anywhere in the ground.

What I did see quite clearly though was Graham Roberts, he was in town and he was at a meeting. Whatever else shite that he spouts, he was spot on wth that.

:) Americans wearing stetsons...

But the name of my college was Stetson... :(

I doubt anything is happening anyway.

It was probably all a con to take us past the transfer window. People seem to think it's a big thing when Barry Moat turns up, it's mentioned on the BBC and there's a shot of him, no doubt Sky will be the same. What these media outlets don't realise is Moat probably hasn't missed a game in years as he has a corporate box.

'Intransigent' Mike Ashley may not sell Newcastle United till new year

• Owner refusing to budge on £100m asking price

• Barry Moat remains front-runner to buy club

Louise Taylor

Any takeover of Newcastle United could still be months from completion. Although Barry Moat, a Tyneside businessman, continues to engage in what are described as "constructive negotiations" with Mike Ashley, the club's owner, about a potential buy-out, it is touch and go as to whether a deal can be concluded before Christmas.

Much still hinges on an amalgam of Ashley's continued refusal to reduce his £100m asking price, talks with Barclays Bank over the size of Newcastle's overdraft and, above all, the willingness of Moat's undisclosed backers to partially underwrite his bid.

While Barclays remains broadly sympathetic to Moat and has made an offer concerning the restructuring of the club's previous £39m overdraft facility, an agreement has still to be reached on precisely how much of Newcastle's current £20m debt will be paid back to the bank. As a general rule, Championship clubs are never extended overdrafts over £10m by Barclays. But Newcastle – whose old facility expired on Monday night – argue they are a special case.

Meanwhile, Ashley declines to lower his £100m asking price, thereby representing a significant stumbling block for Moat, who is reliant on the injection of capital from discreet investors. Sources insist they have the money but are not prepared to meet Ashley's demands.

With player sales this summer having not only slashed the overdraft to £20m but reduced Newcastle's annual wage bill from close to £70m to under £40m, the deal could be done fairly swiftly were Ashley to drop his price.

Instead the sports retail magnate – who paid £134m to take control at St James' Park and has since invested a further £100m – is said to be in "intransigent" mood. With Newcastle, under Chris Hughton's caretaker managerial charge, now topping the Championship while attracting bigger crowds than the vast majority of Premier League teams, he is under no immediate pressure to sell.

Another complication is Kevin Keegan's looming legal action against the club. It is now a year since Newcastle suggested Keegan had walked out, with the former England coach continuing to insist he was constructively dismissed.

Keegan is claiming a sum which, with costs, could rise as high as £10m and Moat – currently the only credible bidder – does not want to be the owner who has to underwrite such compensation. A long-awaited tribunal is due to sit this autumn but it is far from inconceivable that the matter will eventually be settled out of court.

Keith Harris, the executive chairman of Seymour Pierce, the investment bank brokering Newcastle's sale, cannot give any definitive predictions as to when a sale is likely. "My gut instinct is that Newcastle will have a new owner by Christmas," said Harris. "It's a very attractive asset but people are taking their time about things."

The suspicion lurks that, with the Moat bid dragging on and the team impressing in the Championship, Ashley is hoping a wealthy foreigner buyer will suddenly materialise and exceed his asking price. Considering that clubs are rarely sold between transfer windows, this is a remote scenario, but Ashley is aware that should Newcastle be promoted, the club would command considerably more than £100m.

Although it is now thought unlikely that Ashley will formally remove Newcastle from the market – especially after his recent threats to do so failed to expedite the Moat deal – he could feasibly still be in control next May. Whether or not that becomes reality may depend on Hughton's continued ability, or otherwise, to keep Newcastle at the Championship summit. Although he was relieved not to lose key players, including Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini and Andy Carroll, on transfer deadline day, the first team squad is now extremely thin and the caretaker manager made just one signing, re-recruiting the Danish winger and free agent, Peter Lovenkrands.

Even so, Newcastle's wage bill remains by far the highest in a division, where the average collective squad salary is around £9m, and many rival managers believe they are capable of an immediate return to the Premier League.

Instead the sports retail magnate – who paid £134m to take control at St James' Park and has since invested a further £100m – is said to be in "intransigent" mood. With Newcastle, under Chris Hughton's caretaker managerial charge, now topping the Championship while attracting bigger crowds than the vast majority of Premier League teams, he is under no immediate pressure to sell.

Maybe a boycott would have done something...

...or perhaps a high powered rifle.

...or perhaps a high powered rifle.

Exactly.

Various ITK's still maintaining deal is close to done.

God in my cuppa.

i dont believe that to be the case - Dave Lister would have let me know

Ashley is a total SMEG HEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can someone possibly be a member for nearly 3 years and only post 8 times :):(

this is a very good question.