Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

Geordiejihad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To really understand this summer's charade, we'd really need to know what Shearer said to Ashley at their meeting after the end of the season.

If, as i suspect, Shearer's plans were expensive and Ashley was reluctant to have another 'keegan' scenario, his safest option was to put the club on the market, appease the fans, give himself time to re-group and be in a position to appear to be doing what the fans want, whilst actually doing exactly what he wanted all along.

I dont believe he has really wanted to sell the club at any point and this has all been a 'crisis management' tool.

Yup.

Summerscam © Ashley.

imagine how muck flak they’ve got away with because of the ‘up for sale’ charade.

No wonder they’re always giggling together when caught on camera.

Chance/fate may yet deal the hand......Karmical rather than comical.

I think it's time we let Pundit have his old name back.

Agreed.

He has had enough punishment in supporting the club in the first place - even from an armchair, they aren't that comfortable!

I think it's time we let Pundit have his old name back.

Agreed.

He has had enough punishment in supporting the club in the first place - even from an armchair, they aren't that comfortable!

What was his old name again?

Penis Pundit....... no?

Time to let go and move on....... :P

Chronicle

THE AMERICAN consortium bidding to buy Newcastle United look doomed to fail after talks with Seymour Pierce collapsed.

The US-based bidders jetted into London last Friday but talks reached stalemate after they failed to provide proof of funds.

The Chronicle understands that discussions on the possible takeover are now taking place between United’s managing director Derek Llambias and a representative of the US group based across the Atlantic via a conference call.

But the unorthodox method of negotiation has led to no further progress being made in attempts to broker a deal.

what a bunch of jokers - yet another bunch of ''look at me, look at me I'm bidding for Nufc '' - TOTAL TOSSERS :baby:

Christmas Tree man.

Forget it.

It's not happening.

You've been led a merry dance.

Redheugh was a kid about to start his GCSE's doing a work experience week at the Ronny.

Ashley's staying.

Even if he takes us off the market and says he's devoted to the cause, we're as up for sale as we've been for the last 2 years.

Aye, looks like it. Just wish the fat prick would fuck off.

Can't believe moat can't scramble together the little bi exTra that seems to be needed. Surely would have though this wasn't impossible particularly bearing in mind our start and the fact that if we got promotion we would be quite a lean operation.Also want to know off any journos lurking how one minute you have good sources and the next you know fuck all.

So you think a liitle bit extra is just a few quid eh ?

We are talking millions here man.

The banks are quite rightly still nervous after taking a pounding, and the money generated in the CCC is as we all know, nothing compared to the Prem. The overdraft facility is paramount.

The money has been spent from the 12,000 who took up 3 year season tickets, the box holders and the 15,000 who renewed normal ones.

NUFC exist now on the £11m parachute payment {£212,000 per week}, merchandise sales, catering, and matchday sales of tickets which are running at around £260,000 every two weeks

IF and its a big IF, they are getting in £400,000 per week, just look at he outgoings.

The wage bill reputed to be still at £45m per year, means that wages alone take £865384.61 per week !!

Then there's all the overheads -imagine what the rates bill is like if we only pay a few hunderde quid on our semis in West Denton !!

To denegrate Moat's efforts in the way you have done just shows a complete lack of appreciation of current economic facts.

Ashley is here for this season at least so we should all get used to it.

And NO, I am not LLAMBIAS in disguise.

Christmas Tree man.

Forget it.

It's not happening.

You've been led a merry dance.

Redheugh was a kid about to start his GCSE's doing a work experience week at the Ronny.

Ashley's staying.

Even if he takes us off the market and says he's devoted to the cause, we're as up for sale as we've been for the last 2 years.

Aye, looks like it. Just wish the fat prick would fuck off.

Can't believe moat can't scramble together the little bi exTra that seems to be needed. Surely would have though this wasn't impossible particularly bearing in mind our start and the fact that if we got promotion we would be quite a lean operation.Also want to know off any journos lurking how one minute you have good sources and the next you know fuck all.

So you think a liitle bit extra is just a few quid eh ?

We are talking millions here man.

The banks are quite rightly still nervous after taking a pounding, and the money generated in the CCC is as we all know, nothing compared to the Prem. The overdraft facility is paramount.

The money has been spent from the 12,000 who took up 3 year season tickets, the box holders and the 15,000 who renewed normal ones.

NUFC exist now on the £11m parachute payment {£212,000 per week}, merchandise sales, catering, and matchday sales of tickets which are running at around £260,000 every two weeks

IF and its a big IF, they are getting in £400,000 per week, just look at he outgoings.

The wage bill reputed to be still at £45m per year, means that wages alone take £865384.61 per week !!

Then there's all the overheads -imagine what the rates bill is like if we only pay a few hunderde quid on our semis in West Denton !!

To denegrate Moat's efforts in the way you have done just shows a complete lack of appreciation of current economic facts.

Ashley is here for this season at least so we should all get used to it.

And NO, I am not LLAMBIAS in disguise.

But your talking about the day to day running costs. All the so called information that has leaked out has said that the stumbling block is the fee, not the overdraft or the day to day running costs.

In my eyes its like buying a house. If the best house in your area is on the market and you desperately want it and you know this may be your only opportunity to get hold of it, then you pay the price.

Im beginning to think there is something very fishy about moat (i know others already do). He has not come out and said anything and this "talks are still ongoing" crap to me is just a smokescreen to allow the silence to remain.

Beginning to think he was in on it all along.

can't blame anyone for being cynical after what has gone on - total disgrace.

the day to day running costs are important though - you wouldn't buy a house just because you loved it etc without calculating whether you could afford to keep up the repayments ??

the fact is that relegation is financially crippling and the so called fire sale has still resulted in a yearly wage bill of £45m which is now added to by another £1.5m if lovenkrands is on the reputed £25k per week. Harewood won't be cheap wages wise either - probably another £20k per week minimum.

If as the doomongers on here predict, that we hit the buffers and crowds drop to 30,000 or dare i say it below 30,000 {unlikely with 27000 s/t holders}, then Ashley is going to be sweating even more.

my point was that he had already completed due dilligence before putting in a bid so after weighing up the running costs he decided to go ahead.

Exactly and thats why the running costs arent the problem, like you say its the fee and the terms of loan repayment that causes the problem but you cant just stick in that extra couple of million. Even your analogy of the house doesnt work becuase if the owner wants more than the house is valued at then theres no way Northern Rock will give you that mortgage.

Moats bid is based on backers and loans, banks wont led to money unless the risk is low enough, if the clubs is for sale at more than its worth then they wont take the risk, same with backers, they want a return on investment, more money to pay back out in loan repayments = less profit = lower return.

my point was that he had already completed due dilligence before putting in a bid so after weighing up the running costs he decided to go ahead.

Exactly and thats why the running costs arent the problem, like you say its the fee and the terms of loan repayment that causes the problem but you cant just stick in that extra couple of million. Even your analogy of the house doesnt work becuase if the owner wants more than the house is valued at then theres no way Northern Rock will give you that mortgage.

Moats bid is based on backers and loans, banks wont led to money unless the risk is low enough, if the clubs is for sale at more than its worth then they wont take the risk, same with backers, they want a return on investment, more money to pay back out in loan repayments = less profit = lower return.

fair enough, but the banks look at incomings and outgoings when deciding on whether to loan money and what they see must fill them with dread

Saw Mrs Sheard and Daughter Sheard yesterday. Overheard them talking about something taking "6-8 weeks" as I walked past, but something tells me it wasn't about the sale of our club :baby:

Who knows what the truth is? I certainly think the fat clown would now be thinking seriously of hanging on, given the leap in value if we get promoted. As far as Barclays is concerned, I expect what they'd be prepared to lend will be based on a whole load of different things, not only the state fo the club's operating cashflows but also the security for the overdraft, interest rate and the amount of money the owner/new owner puts up themselves.

It's probably all smoke and mirrors anyways

Edited by Kitman