Newcastle United Vs Leicester

Jimbo

The lag on the SSN site is pathetic! Keep the posts coming!!!

I'm in Portland, watching it on ESPN360.

GO NOW!

Didn't think that I could do it from work but gave it a shot and I am glad I did! Thanks Barnacle! (BTW: The ESPN feed went the whole match.)

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO NOW!

Didn't think that I could do it from work but gave it a shot and I am glad I did! Thanks Barnacle! (BTW: The ESPN feed went the whole match.)

You have to pay a monthly fee though. :lol:

Seems to be a gulf in class between the CCC and the Pl, although they put a few things together, mainly through the big man, we looked pretty comfortable dealing with one of the 'in form' sides.

Nolan could easily have had a second after a good spell of pressure and inter-passing from us. Guthrie looks very casual on the ball with two good feet and was only outdone by the more relaxed and in control Ranger...Was it really his full match debut??! Couple of times I thought he might take a hit, but laid of good balls for oncoming midfielders with presence of mind Shola would give his right arm for. Early days, but this league looks winnable. :lol:

MOM Guthrie

YMOM Ranger.

GO NOW!

You have to pay a monthly fee though. :lol:

Really??? Didn't ask for any information...

Harper 7.5 - Cleared everything that came his way, wasnt too troubled because they lacked the final product in the box.

Raylor 6.5 - Very below-par performance, hardly a threat and was too hesitant inside his own area.

Simpson 7 - Not a centre back, but with the presence of Saylor beside him helped alot.

Saylor 8 - Tackled and gained the ball and possession more than one occassion, easily the league's best defender.

Enrique 7 - I felt he could have done better with his crosses today, got caught once or twice, but defended the left flank very well.

Guthrie 8 - Played very well, dictated passing, started the game on the left then switched on the right. A stunner of a goal as well, very well taken.

Smith 8 - Led by example, and dare I say it, looks like hes going to be our "Gattuso" sort of player this season. Hes already got the beard.

Geremi 6.5 - Nothing really special, cant cross properly but his short distance ground passes were OK.

Nolan 7 - Could have easily scored two goals, but his finishing was bad, both his shots on target were simply shots directed to the keeper.

Ranger 9 - MOTM for me, help up the ball brilliantly, passed brilliantly, was a constant threat AND was never outmuscled.

Subs werent on long enough tbh, but another good performance because of a very consistent backline thats too good for the league, thats 4 clean sheets in a row now, and dont forget WBA's goal was simply a scramble on the touch line.

Seems to be a gulf in class between the CCC and the Pl, although they put a few things together, mainly through the big man, we looked pretty comfortable dealing with one of the 'in form' sides.

It's the out of form teams that normally do the damage to them :lol: But aye, from what I've seen so far the quality that was shite in the prem is looking settled in the Championship

Harper 7.5 - Cleared everything that came his way, wasnt too troubled because they lacked the final product in the box.

Raylor 6.5 - Very below-par performance, hardly a threat and was too hesitant inside his own area.

Simpson 7 - Not a centre back, but with the presence of Saylor beside him helped alot.

Saylor 8 - Tackled and gained the ball and possession more than one occassion, easily the league's best defender.

Enrique 7 - I felt he could have done better with his crosses today, got caught once or twice, but defended the left flank very well.

Guthrie 8 - Played very well, dictated passing, started the game on the left then switched on the right. A stunner of a goal as well, very well taken.

Smith 8 - Led by example, and dare I say it, looks like hes going to be our "Gattuso" sort of player this season. Hes already got the beard.

Geremi 6.5 - Nothing really special, cant cross properly but his short distance ground passes were OK.

Nolan 7 - Could have easily scored two goals, but his finishing was bad, both his shots on target were simply shots directed to the keeper.

Ranger 9 - MOTM for me, help up the ball brilliantly, passed brilliantly, was a constant threat AND was never outmuscled.

Subs werent on long enough tbh, but another good performance because of a very consistent backline thats too good for the league, thats 4 clean sheets in a row now, and dont forget WBA's goal was simply a scramble on the touch line.

Don't disagree with most of this but I thought that Ryan Taylor was pretty good. Nothing came down the Leicester left...

It's the out of form teams that normally do the damage to them :lol: But aye, from what I've seen so far the quality that was shite in the prem is looking settled in the Championship

Thinking about it, we've dealt with Leicester who are a good side, starting Geremi and Ranger, as well as an out of position CD. :blush:

Did they have a shot second half? if they did I can't remember it.

We played well after the break and should have been 3-0 at least by the end if it wasn't for some tame shots from Rangers (and others) layoffs.

So now thats West Brom, Palace, Reading, and Leicester, all of which were considered "Better" teams in the league, all of which we've beaten (except WBA, which we played well against, and didn't lose to). I think we're in not half bad shape!

So now thats West Brom, Palace, Reading, and Leicester, all of which were considered "Better" teams in the league, all of which we've beaten (except WBA, which we played well against, and didn't lose to). I think we're in not half bad shape!

Has to be said we've looked pretty comfortable against these.

If we get the 3 or so we need, there is no reason not to look forward to the season.

Geremi :lol:

Decent toe poke at goal though. Maybe, just maybe he'll actually want to start playing football again? Must make a diference having the teams doing well, winning games crowd getting behind them etc, etc.

+ Although he still did look :blush: he didn't look half as :icon_lol: as he did playing in the premiership.

I guess what I'm getting at is that this league has an awful lot of :icon_lol:

Edited by JUICE690

Geremi :lol:

Decent toe poke at goal though. Maybe, just maybe he'll actually want to start playing football again? Must make a diference having the teams doing well, winning games crowd getting behind them etc, etc.

+ Although he still did look :blush: he didn't look half as :icon_lol: as he did playing in the premiership.

I guess what I'm getting at is that this league has an awful lot of :icon_lol:

Hopefull strictly bit part this year. :icon_lol:

Leicester have just come up from league one and Reading are in a transitional phase, lost their manager and many players

add the fact we're yet to play at any of the shittier grounds, your blackpools etc etc and you have me not getting carried away

I've said I'd back us against anyone in the CCC at home but away games will be a different matter

Nolan could easily have had a second after a good spell of pressure and inter-passing from us. Guthrie looks very casual on the ball with two good feet and was only outdone by the more relaxed and in control Ranger...Was it really his full match debut??! Couple of times I thought he might take a hit, but laid of good balls for oncoming midfielders with presence of mind Shola would give his right arm for. Early days, but this league looks winnable. :blush:

MOM Guthrie

YOMOMMA Ranger.

:lol:

Cardiff away next game, that'll be a real test of where we're at

Aye, and places like Boro, West Brom, Coventry, Derby. got a point at WBA of course.

I thought Ranger was outstanding in all honestly. He didn't see much in the first half but the little he did he dealt with well. He had a few very good knock downs for Nolan and one offside with patently wasn't. Second half I fell in love with the lad. He was holding the ball up really well, dragging the defenders out of position and bringing the midfield into play. It's really difficult to judge players like Ranger/Chopra/Guy/Offiong etc. on their goal record in the reserves and youth team but the very early signs are that with a bit of experience Dutty Custard could really help us out of this league.

Kudos to Guthrie, Enrique, Smith, Nolan and Raylor. All of which I thought gave a good account of themselves.

Geremi and Barton were shit although i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Ketsbaia