Newcastle flop Xisco deliberately 'stopped playing' to force move away from club

Jimbo

Newcastle flop Xisco has admitted he stopped playing to end his Tyneside nightmare and engineer a loan move back to Spain.

The £5.7million striker has signed a season-long deal with Racing Santander after making just three league starts for Newcastle.

But his confession will enrage the Toon Army.

Table-topping Newcastle had just one fit striker – teenage rookie Nile Ranger – for their 1-0 win over Leicester after Xisco said he had a groin injury.

But after signing for Santander last Monday Xisco, 23, was able to do full training on Wednesday.

Xisco said: “After a difficult first year in Newcastle, this year seemed it was going to be more of the same and a good time to leave. I even stopped playing in the last few days to force my exit.”

Xisco’s comments almost certainly ensure his career at St James’ Park is over.

He added: “If they hadn’t accepted the loan at Santander, I would have regarded my situation at Newcastle as hopeless.”

Newcastle have added out-of-favour Sunderland’s Northern Ireland striker David Healy to their list of possible loan targets.

I thought the injury may be fake, so no surprise theere. But who cares? It's not as if he's been any use to the first team anyway, and no manager seemed to rate him. Have we ever signed a Spaniard who wasn't a gutless waste of time and money by the way?

I thought the injury may be fake, so no surprise theere. But who cares? It's not as if he's been any use to the first team anyway, and no manager seemed to rate him. Have we ever signed a Spaniard who wasn't a gutless waste of time and money by the way?

Although Enrique is an exception the point is accurate and brings back something I said on here months ago that we've signed far too many mediterranian and south american players over the years.

Usually, the only reason for them to come here in the first place is the ridiculous wages we offered and they rarely adjust to the weather or living in the UK in general (it doesn't help when the club is a complete shambles mind you).

For me, if we had any decent scouts at all over the last few years they should have been looking at scandinavia and eastern europe for the likes of Hangeland, Marcus Berg etc. Nordic players in particular rarely cause trouble or have difficulty adjusting and the better players are usually at least reliable if unspectacular.

Although Enrique is an exception the point is accurate and brings back something I said on here months ago that we've signed far too many mediterranian and south american players over the years.

Usually, the only reason for them to come here in the first place is the ridiculous wages we offered and they rarely adjust to the weather or living in the UK in general (it doesn't help when the club is a complete shambles mind you).

For me, if we had any decent scouts at all over the last few years they should have been looking at scandinavia and eastern europe for the likes of Hangeland, Marcus Berg etc. Nordic players in particular rarely cause trouble or have difficulty adjusting and the better players are usually at least reliable if unspectacular.

I think a couple of people on here have made that point and I agree - you could add in the french who despite some success (Robert/Ginola) "suffer" the same problems.

To be fair we were repeatedly being linked to Hangeland for 3 transfer windows before he went to Fulham. We must have been watching him at least.

Well the Vikings DID already conquer England, so its not like the players arent used to dominating

Newcastle flop Xisco has admitted he stopped playing to end his Tyneside nightmare and engineer a loan move back to Spain.

The £5.7million striker has signed a season-long deal with Racing Santander after making just three league starts for Newcastle.

Table-topping Newcastle had just one fit striker – teenage rookie Nile Ranger – for their 1-0 win over Leicester after Xisco said he had a groin injury.

But after signing for Santander last Monday Xisco, 23, was able to do full training on Wednesday.

Xisco said: “After a difficult first year in Newcastle, this year seemed it was going to be more of the same and a good time to leave. I even stopped playing in the last few days to force my exit.”

He added: “If they hadn’t accepted the loan at Santander, I would have regarded my situation at Newcastle as hopeless.”

Newcastle have added out-of-favour Sunderland’s Northern Ireland striker David Healy to their list of possible loan targets.

See, a smarter cover story for a fake injury would've been something virtually impossible to diagnose quantitatively like depression or vertigo. Saying he pulled a groin leads the observer to conclude that he must have been performing some kind of activity to actually injure said groin, and we all know that isn't the case.

Edited by Cid_MCDP

See, a smarter cover story for a fake injury would've been something virtually impossible to diagnose quantitatively like depression or vertigo. Saying he pulled a groin leads the observer to conclude that he must have been performing some kind of activity to actually injure said groin, and we all know that isn't the case.

Well, not on the field of play anyway :munch: