Chris Hughton offered Newcastle United Job

Tooj

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye 6 year contract on £5m a year for Hughton.

fuck me! Is this for real?

this can only mean ;

1) as alluded to earlier, he's dome it to take the piss out of any future owner, leaving them with a hefty compensation bill if they peddle Hughton.

2) the fat bastard intends to stick around.

Either way I am depressed.

Btw , this from the second comment down on the Ronnie Gill link IBM the OP.

"You know what? im not even going to read anything to do with administering or clerical side of NUFC because these idiots at the top are CLUELESS, i appreciate CH's efforts and wish him the very best but this poor bloke is going to be used as a Patsy in a 'do as your told' situation, the bloke will have no money and no support from the board and will be out of a job and away from SJP by the summer, this stinks of Phil Roeder, i feel sorry for CH and only hope he doesnt leave SJP perm when it all turns the s***."

:(

Glen's brother?

Tbf not a whole lot is going to change. He's already been told that he'll have absolutely no control over transfers, which is a given seeing that we're spending fuck all in Jan.

It's more that it's confirmation there is no change on the horizon. Ashley's not even pretending any more.

Tbf, I can see him appointing Hughton tomorrow and then selling the club the day afterwards only to get one over Moat (+ Shearer) or whoever is the buyer then. He and Lambiarse are probably already chuckling...

I'd take that tbf :(

+1000000000000000000....etc

Chris should have told him to get stuffed. If Mike Ashley sells the club he will get binned off, probably with no compo. If he doesn't sell the club Chris is on a hiding to nothing, with no money to build the squad and more than likely players sold in January we'll do well to get a playoff spot. Basically either way he get's a shafted. Way to repay someone who has remained dignified and worked hard in an impossible situation.

If Hughton was to tell Ashley where to go, bearing in mind how he has been treated ie. no funds, not a word from upstairs about anything, where would that leave him? And the team? Kinnear to make a triumphant return?

Chrissy is in an unenviable position. I'm sure he fancies a crack at it, he's said he's enjoying it, but to sign long term for that bastard and what it may bring has to be weighing heavily on his mind.

I know it's a very childish thing to say, but no one in football has ever looked more like a rat than Hughton, nothing against him cos he seems a canny bloke, he just looks like Splinter.

splinterpl9.jpgChris HughtonNewcastle+United+v+Leicester+City+4PkQj2lLxTAl.jpg

Master Splinter??

You know, Hughton's first go at caretaker manager was certainly far from being impressive albeit in the Premier league, and keep in mind, the majority of players available to him in the Coca Cola league have all had Premier league experience and 2 points out of 9 in the last 3 games is far from being impressive as well.

I have to question why he left a woeful Harewood in the game so long against Forest.

I have to think that good guys finish last.

I have to think he hasn't shown enough bottle.

I have to think he is a Yes-man and will go with the flow.

As a coach or assistant mgr OK, but as a Manager I have to think he's not the right man for long term.

Why not just offer him the job till the end of the season? It'll save having to sack him further down the track.

You do know this is Newcastle United right? Common sense is not our forte

You're right! Why don't we offer him a 5 year contract worth 3 mill a year?!

Why not just offer him the job till the end of the season? It'll save having to sack him further down the track.

Don't you fucking start Kitman- I've already been caught out once this thread :(

Don't you fucking start Kitman- I've already been caught out once this thread :(

:lol::lol:

Hughton goes through his first sticky spell with no evidence he can pull out of it, so Ashley offers him the job full time? Only at Newcastle.

I still think Ashley is willfully and systematically trying to destroy his investment out of pure spite. The whole club is being run into the ground from the top down. The Cafe at the park has shut down despite being rammed previously at lunch times, the box office has erratic opening times, the shop is frequently shut, and even Shearer's is now a part time bar.

We are going nowhere but down under this fat cunt, I'm convinced of it.

"I am honoured to be offered the job (of full time Newcastle manager), we are still in negotiations, it is something we hope will get resolved.

"I've always felt that the manager's situation was an issue, but not the most important one. Getting results has been the most important thing.

"Once we have got Scunthorpe and Doncaster out of the way, we will have discussions with Derek Llambias.

"It will involve moving from caretaker to manager on a full-time basis. They have indicated to me that they want to turn it from a temporary role to a permanent one.

“For myself really it’s recognition of the job I have done and the club feel it only right and fitting that somebody who has done the job I have done for the period I have is recognised that way.”

“The decisions on which players to bring in have been my decisions. I have been backed with the players I have wanted to bring in.”

:(

Don't do it Chris. Make a point of turning down the fat cunt. No-one with an ounce of sense should take on that job while he's there.