NUFC not for sale + Hughton awarded 18 month deal

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Flabergasted...

Amongst supporters it will be as pointless as renaming the Leazes, the name will not be adopted.

£20million this week. To invest in what exactly?

Not by us but there'll evidently be 'signage' all around the place with it on and the media will certainly adopt it...

<_<

Even on stuff like Sky Sports, google maps and computer games it will be different.

It's been St.James' Park for one hundred and seven years. Two world wars, 4 league titles, 6 F.A Cups, One european trophy and it's our little bit of football history that I personally didn't think anybody could touch.

It didn't happen at the 'Your Name Here Ground' it happened at St.James' Park.

I hope he chokes on a cock.

What was it known as for the first 10 years then? :nah:

Football has actually been played at St James Park since 1886 (when Newcastle West End moved there). It's only since 1892 that NUFC have played there.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Newcastle page still has a dedicated section called "Keegan damages case" which links to all the stories about Keegan fleecing the club.

No wonder dip shits at the match blame him.

Where's the section on Ashleys fuck ups from day 1?

I'd also like to know where the £40 million gained from transfers from both this summer and earlier (Given, Milner and N'Zogbia deals weren't being paid for until this summer according to DL) is? He's not used it to run the club, the overdraft has done that, so where is it Mike?

We need to assemble as much evidence as we can through media sources and the like and present it through the NUST and then ask them where the money has gone.

I think it's really time for people to get behind the NUST and for us to all be pulling in the same direction.

Sadly I don't think match boycoutts are the answer but their is definitely something we can do but as Peter pointed out it has to be organised and successful or it can be detrimental to the credibility of the trust.

We need a fans voice and we need cohesion.

There is no direction other than plans to one day buy the club.

Fuck off man, CT. This is not the time to air your petty grievances.

Then you havent read the statement on their website relating to this......Fucking Joke. Pull your head out of your arse and go and read it.

There's something not right about a lad who amounts to little more than a minor telling someone 20 years their senior to fuck off.

I think the first positive steps that could be taken here are the Chronicle upping their anti-Ashley stance, I know they have been, but it's time for them to step it up too, it's not like they'd lose anything, what does Lee Ryder have to lose?

I totally agree that the locals are the most important step. I can only assume that they are held back by the big bosses down south.

Apathy has well and truly set in. Here are the comments of Steve Wraith....

He added: “We have just got to get on with it now - Mike Ashley's in charge of the club, there’s nothing we can do about it.

Let’s just get on as best we can, live together in harmony

The fact that the whole situation is totally devoid of any hope or any light at the end of the tunnel makes this the most depressing time being a fan of newcastle. Does it really matter if we go up or stay down under this man.

Anybody who is a decent person, who has met or knows anything about Steve Wraith knows about his lack of credibility, the fact SKY are ringing him up for his opinion is a damning indictment on them in my view.

Amongst supporters it will be as pointless as renaming the Leazes, the name will not be adopted.

Another point on this - it would be lost in time - who still calls the milburn stand the popular end?

Errr... no-one seeing as they're on opposite sides of the pitch! :nah:

NUSC Statement

As Mike Ashley announces that the club is no longer for sale and that The naming rights for St James' Park are up for sale - a Spokesperson for NUST said :

"It's come full circle now - Mr Ashley waits until after deadline to release £20m to service the ghostship that is St James Park and comes up with the wheeze to re-name the most famous landmark in the city. It demonstrates clearly that Mike Ashley has forgotten his customers, described the fans in disparaging terms and now wants to re-brand the stadium. The appointment of Chris Hughton clearly shows that Ashley will continue to call the wrong shots at the club. Hughton maybe a capable coach (by his own admission) but we still await a manager with a proven record.

Mike Ashley lost all vestiges of credibility with the Kevin Keegan ruling which laid open the way he conducts his business - transfers courtesy of youtube, deliberate lies for PR purposes and a disgraceful campaign to discredit Keegan. Now it has come down to the fans to step in to remove Mr Ashley. NUST exists solely to allow the fans a voice at the top table by purchasing a stake in the club and we will be challenging Mr Ashley's resolve not to sell the club in the very near future."

End of the week eh :nah:

Aye you're right, they should've had a definitive action plan published by 8am. <_<

I'd like to add that if the fat cunt says something on the name like "What's all the fuss - they didn't mind the Milburn stand being named" I will seriously consider hunting down the cunt personally.

Why is Mike Ashley doing this? It's for money, as simple as that. It's the only thing he understands.

So in order to counteract the renaming of the stadium it has to be made clear that it will be met with a full boycott of home games and the cancelling of season ticket direct debits.

He can either make a few million per season by renaming the ground or lose over £10 million as the result of a boycott.

Edit: As an OOT it's easier for me to say that regulars to actually do.

Edited by ewerk

I'd like to add that if the fat cunt says something on the name like "What's all the fuss - they didn't mind the Milburn stand being named" I will seriously consider hunting down the cunt personally.

He's going to come out and say "club like Arsenal sell their naming rights so why shouldnt we"

He's going to come out and say "club like Arsenal sell their naming rights so why shouldnt we"

I'm not that bothered that he has appointed Hughton who else would take it. Mid-season when we're top of the league we don't need change, we really don't, we want because inside we think fuckin Chris Hughton manager of the toon?!?!?! That is more because of his status in the game, a former coach of a smaller club than ourselves is our number one, that's pride fuckin wit you, FUCK PRIDE, the reason we went down for me if you could define one reason, it was the fact we had basically four managers in one season, so appointing Hughton isn't the end of the world at this stage, as a Championship club regardless of what our perceptions are of his tactical awareness and managerial abilities.

Ashley taking the club of the market is a tragedy as well, I never thought I'd say we'd ever have a worse bloke pulling the strings than Gordon McKeag, but this cunt is actually worse. If you look back through history we lacked ambition, we sold Peter, and Waddle because of it and also Gazza, but it was more the draconian attitudes of those involved rather than any malice. McKeag owned a solicitors in Gosforth, he may have been a very wealthy man by the 1980's standards, but he wasn't a multi-millionaire, and neither was Stan Seymour, they did their best with conservative prudent financial policies which ultimately pissed every cunt off, but I don't think there was any malice involved they just didn't have the balls to run the club as anything other than a safe business.

This cunt tonight though, and that's what he is, a fucking cunt. I can forgive everything and many can't, if he pumped his dormant millions in to the club with a clear vision that didn't involve cock-eyed cockney rentboys, then you could think yeah he's a fat fucking arrogant arsehole but at least he's trying to do something, and a very small percentage of fans not many, but some will think this with his £20m "pledge". Now if this was that, and all of that is bad enough, but trying to remain potentially positive about it, I would've said well at least the toon are in a better position than we were yesterday, which was in the same position as we are now without a full time manager, and no funds available to develop the club.

However, what he has done with this naming of the stadium bollocks, I have no words to describe it. Why not rename Percy Street, The Tyne Bridge, Grey Street and Pudding Chare? In fact why don't the City Council and other Tyneside districts, see if they can flog the naming rights of the Tyne? Because if they renamed the Tyne for £110m proceeds from a big corporation forever, to me, and I appreciate I could be a lone voice here, it would carry less significance than them renaming the ground. I mention £100m because that's what Arsenal who are today a much more significant club than ourselves, as much as I hate saying it, that's what they got for naming their ground "The Emirates". I wouldn't even slag Arsenal for doing it, they weren't renaming one of the most iconic, historic and well known stadiums on earth (Highbury), but this is what THIS BASTARD, THIS FUCKIN FAT CUNT, is planning to do. I'm all for money making, but nothing in what he has done has bastardised NUFC like this, even the Keegan fiasco doesn't compare for me, Keegan is just passing through the club, even if he is one of the best ever things that's happened to us, we as fans are passing through the club, most of us will be dead in 60 or 70 years time, and this bloke without even a spore of understanding for the area, is going to throw away our heritage for a poxy £20m maybe?!?!?!?!?! It's upset me tonight this. This is our heritage, if they rename the ground we will still know what it's called, but officially it will be no more. If they do this where do we end? Like them Austrian sides who change their actual club name to ridiculous handles like Red Bull Salzburg. Fuckin this club was the most succesful club side by trophy haul, in the most important country on earth, in the most important sporting league on earth right up to 1973!! See toon fans though, "ah we'll do this that and the other", we do fuck all! A few idiots aged 18-25 who largely go to game for the drink anyway, shouting abuse at lights in the Milburn Stand reception, then congratulating themselves later that they ended up on youtube, I'm thinking of the Freddie Shepherd Out idiots. Even against Hull everyone threatening this that and the other, the atmosphere was shit, the abuse was shit, fuck all happened. Something needs to happen now, I mean an all out fuckin statement where world football looks at us, and thinks fuck me these cunts really aren't standing for this, mongs stay away, yous know the type I'm talking about. NUSC it's over to yous, but this has been the sorriest club statement ever released.

Another point on this - it would be lost in time - who still calls the milburn stand the popular end?

It's widely called the Milburn stand because the fans recognised that it was fitting to name it after a true great, the same can not be said of the Leazes stand or Tena Lady Park..

Fucking sickening, I'm getting bombarded from all sides by fans of other teams giving me the "But there's loads of other club's who've changed their ground name" - no, they've had new ones built and sold the name of the new ground, not renamed the old one. On top of that there's the wags out there coming out with what SJP should be renamed to - one particular one was from a Spurs fan the 'Nobody cares about Newcastle United other than Newcastle United fans Stadium'.

It's widely called the Milburn stand because the fans recognised that it was fitting to name it after a true great, the same can not be said of the Leazes stand or Tena Lady Park..

And, as Craig said, the Popular Side was where the East Stand is :nah:

I'm not that bothered that he has appointed Hughton who else would take it. Mid-season when we're top of the league we don't need change, we really don't, we want because inside we think fuckin Chris Hughton manager of the toon?!?!?! That is more because of his status in the game, a former coach of a smaller club than ourselves is our number one, that's pride fuckin wit you, FUCK PRIDE, the reason we went down for me if you could define one reason, it was the fact we had basically four managers in one season, so appointing Hughton isn't the end of the world at this stage, as a Championship club regardless of what our perceptions are of his tactical awareness and managerial abilities.

Ashley taking the club of the market is a tragedy as well, I never thought I'd say we'd ever have a worse bloke pulling the strings than Gordon McKeag, but this cunt is actually worse. If you look back through history we lacked ambition, we sold Peter, and Waddle because of it and also Gazza, but it was more the draconian attitudes of those involved rather than any malice. McKeag owned a solicitors in Gosforth, he may have been a very wealthy man by the 1980's standards, but he wasn't a multi-millionaire, and neither was Stan Seymour, they did their best with conservative prudent financial policies which ultimately pissed every cunt off, but I don't think there was any malice involved they just didn't have the balls to run the club as anything other than a safe business.

This cunt tonight though, and that's what he is, a fucking cunt. I can forgive everything and many can't, if he pumped his dormant millions in to the club with a clear vision that didn't involve cock-eyed cockney rentboys, then you could think yeah he's a fat fucking arrogant arsehole but at least he's trying to do something, and a very small percentage of fans not many, but some will think this with his £20m "pledge". Now if this was that, and all of that is bad enough, but trying to remain potentially positive about it, I would've said well at least the toon are in a better position than we were yesterday, which was in the same position as we are now without a full time manager, and no funds available to develop the club.

However, what he has done with this naming of the stadium bollocks, I have no words to describe it. Why not rename Percy Street, The Tyne Bridge, Grey Street and Pudding Chare? In fact why don't the City Council and other Tyneside districts, see if they can flog the naming rights of the Tyne? Because if they renamed the Tyne for £110m proceeds from a big corporation forever, to me, and I appreciate I could be a lone voice here, it would carry less significance than them renaming the ground. I mention £100m because that's what Arsenal who are today a much more significant club than ourselves, as much as I hate saying it, that's what they got for naming their ground "The Emirates". I wouldn't even slag Arsenal for doing it, they weren't renaming one of the most iconic, historic and well known stadiums on earth (Highbury), but this is what THIS BASTARD, THIS FUCKIN FAT CUNT, is planning to do. I'm all for money making, but nothing in what he has done has bastardised NUFC like this, even the Keegan fiasco doesn't compare for me, Keegan is just passing through the club, even if he is one of the best ever things that's happened to us, we as fans are passing through the club, most of us will be dead in 60 or 70 years time, and this bloke without even a spore of understanding for the area, is going to throw away our heritage for a poxy £20m maybe?!?!?!?!?! It's upset me tonight this. This is our heritage, if they rename the ground we will still know what it's called, but officially it will be no more. If they do this where do we end? Like them Austrian sides who change their actual club name to ridiculous handles like Red Bull Salzburg. Fuckin this club was the most succesful club side by trophy haul, in the most important country on earth, in the most important sporting league on earth right up to 1973!! See toon fans though, "ah we'll do this that and the other", we do fuck all! A few idiots aged 18-25 who largely go to game for the drink anyway, shouting abuse at lights in the Milburn Stand reception, then congratulating themselves later that they ended up on youtube, I'm thinking of the Freddie Shepherd Out idiots. Even against Hull everyone threatening this that and the other, the atmosphere was shit, the abuse was shit, fuck all happened. Something needs to happen now, I mean an all out fuckin statement where world football looks at us, and thinks fuck me these cunts really aren't standing for this, mongs stay away, yous know the type I'm talking about. NUSC it's over to yous, but this has been the sorriest club statement ever released.

Got the answer ready before any objection, nice one fatty

EDIT: sorry Stevie, I thought that quote was direct from Ashley, I only read the bold part. Thought the fat cunt etc part was added by somebody to one of his statemenets

Edited by Marko

Ewerk's right btw. Keep buying your ST and he won't give a fuck about anything else. He's already shown the fans to be beneath his contempt. Look how many daft fuckers bought the piss-take Banana Man strip.

Fucking sickening, I'm getting bombarded from all sides by fans of other teams giving me the "But there's loads of other club's who've changed their ground name" - no, they've had new ones built and sold the name of the new ground, not renamed the old one. On top of that there's the wags out there coming out with what SJP should be renamed to - one particular one was from a Spurs fan the 'Nobody cares about Newcastle United other than Newcastle United fans Stadium'.

I can't of any reason to prevent you smacking that kid in the mouth now. Tell him I'll meet him.

My point still stands though. Given that Jackie Milburn wasn't born until 1924, unless there was some amazing preminition based forethought I imagine that it once had a different moniker.. <_<

Edited by donaldstott

I can't of any reason to prevent you smacking that kid in the mouth now. Tell him I'll meet him.

This whole saga is ridiculous re-name the club what the fxxk for. we should have all known that the more this dragged on M.A. had no intention of selling the club. If they do rename SJP they should call it "DISNEYWORLD"--where dreams are made-frigging nightmares because this whole situation is a NIGHTMARE

My point still stands though. Given that Jackie Milburn wasn't born until 1924, unless there was some amazing preminition based forethought I imagine that it once had a different moniker.. <_<

Another clue to it having a different name would be that the Milburn Stand didn't replace the old West Stand until the late 80s.

Here is the email address of the editor of the evening chronicle.

paul.robertson@ncjmedia.co.uk

This is something we can all very simply do. Drop him a line asking why they are not taking a firmer stance against Ashley. Ask them to start a Save St James Campaign.

Might do no good but might help.

It may also be an idea to wait until we see today's paper before writing them off.

Prior to 1988 it was simply the 'West Stand'. It was named the 'Milburn Stand' in tribute to Jackie who had recently died. It was renamed out of honour to one of our greatest servants rather than for financial gain - a fitting tribute that is deserving of being known by its new name.