The Guitar Thread

Tom

I only ever used one for solos, acted as a boost pedal too with the volume just that little bit up it was perfect, I'm a Fuzz Factory bloke now though, much more fun and you can get pretty much any fuzz sound going on it, though regularly I just turn it up and riff. RIFF.

I could fancy one of those germanium big muffs mind! They sound awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

A motorbike, a classic car and a sax. Early for a midlife crisis.

''Pet you're going to have to get rid of those Pin Ball machines''

''Look a motorbike!!!''

If you want to see the master of tapping in that style check out Stanley Jordan.

Thanks for the rec, watching him do Stairway at Montreux, slightly ridiculous! :good:

Also, saw the behind the scenes videos for Joe's new album (out May 21st), some of the stuff played sounds absolutely bonza. Looking forward to that just a touch.

Edit: Ok, scratch that - Little Wing :o

Edited by Bonamental

• 1 month later...

[media=]

[/media]

going to see these two in manchester tonight £6 a ticket, can't go wrong.

oh, and I was in Manchester for other reasons yesterday and popped into Dawsons to have a look at the new 2012 les pauls

the new finishes are (mostly) lovely, no lefties in stock to try out though :( but a lad was having a jam on one while I was there, impressed with them, well finished and QC'd and loads of funky control options

[media=]

[/media]

going to see these two in manchester tonight £6 a ticket, can't go wrong.

oh, and I was in Manchester for other reasons yesterday and popped into Dawsons to have a look at the new 2012 les pauls

the new finishes are (mostly) lovely, no lefties in stock to try out though :( but a lad was having a jam on one while I was there, impressed with them, well finished and QC'd and loads of funky control options

That gig^ was absolutely unreal. 4 hours, 2 kinda dull sport acts and 2 monster headliners, dunno where the tour goes next but if you can, go,

Will chuck up a couple of pics tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

So I mentioned that I graduated this week and that I picked up a job, well yesterday was the day that kept on giving I took a trip to Dawsons and placed a couple of orders :D

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/gibson-les-paul-standard-2012-left-handed-fireball

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/blackstar-ht-5-mini-stack

Of course being me there had to be a catch so...there are no lefty fireball LPs available in Europe as it stands so god knows how long it'll take but what can you do

Nice! It's always important to try a Les Paul first for me but I understand your predicament as a lefty! ;)

The Blackstar will be awesome but it might get loud :banana:

Congratulations on the job btw!

Ta, they did have a lefty in cherry burst which I'm going to go in and have a good session with this week, I'm used to buying without getting that chance though, or at least putting a deposit on without.

The reason I went for the Blackstar is that it will overdrive at pretty low volume, particularly with the blow switch on the LP but I'll be able to clean it up with the coil taps.

I really like the electronic jiggery pokery in the standard this time round.