France gets tough...

AgentAxeman

Well, you admitted you don't like the monarchy, institutions, police etc etc.........what exactly DO you like, apart from having sympathies for anyone who isn't british and appear to be totally unaware of the dangers of an expanding population - yet you say you are "worldly wise".

I have some pride in British history and also believe in a community of people sharing common needs and values - that sense of community easily travels over borders though - that's why I'm not blind to some of the shit that Britain has done to other people. I'd also argue that before you say "Muslims don't share British values" that they top polls for lack of crime and respect for law and order and overall are more respectful of authority thatn a shit load of british people - including me.

You also bracketed British Special Forces with terrorists that blow up shopping centres and aeroplanes. Staggering.

To me, misguided and misled people who are so desperate that they commit acts of terror, though thoroughly and completely wrong, aren't as bad as training people to be experts in covert murder, sending them on missions with no regard to civilians despite what you say, and then building said killers up as heroes who should be admired and looked up to and whose crimes are excused under the guise of patriotism.

I see murderers - I don't care whether they are called "Patel" or are wearing a badge with "Who dares Wins" on it.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leazes, I see you've chosen to ignore the examples given of British soldiers murdering civilians.

Might've known you'd mention something twisted like this. You'll be mentioning food getting shipped to England in the 1840's next.

He said that the British army hadn't murdered innocent civilians, I provided an example of where they did. Their own civilians I hasten to add.

why are you so anti british

It's amazing isn't it. Imagine living here and not supporting great British traditions like the murder of civilians, torture and the erosion of rights.

...oops hang on, I've got it wrong there. What I meant was we're proud to be British when we DON'T do those things and kick off big style when it happens....rather than sweep it under the carpet and pretend only the baddies do it.

so when are you plotting the next shopping centre bombing Patel ?

Patel is a Hindu name, not a Muslim one, you dullard. Just goes to show how thick you are. You probably think everyone from the subcontinent is a 'paki' and anyone from east of there (that is, anyone with 'slanty eyes') is a 'chinky.' Welcome to the 21st century, Leazes. Maybe if you and those like you actually tried to learn something about the people who make up an ever-rising proportion of your country instead of closing your mind and wishing for them to be sent back, you'd see that Britain may be different now, but no worse for it.

I don't actually give a flying fuck if it is a Hindu or a Muslim name. Why are you so knowledgeable, does it have anything to do with your sympathies ? You ought to wake up, the use of the word "paki" [not that I have ever used it on here or in real life anyway] is no different to the use of the word "brit", "limey", "taff", "jock" etc etc.......its people like you who attempt to say that it is because you are, yes, a do gooder left wing pc correct pillock.

The population of my country will in the not too distant future hit the 70 million mark, and yes you are quite right when I say this is becoming a dangerous level which is part of the reason I say what i say along with an ever increasing amount of pillocks like you who think they can tell me what I can and can't say in my own country.

I wasn't aware it required one to be "knowledgeable" to be able to differentiate between names. I'm sure you can identify, let's say, O'Brien as an Irish name. Does that mean you have Irish sympathies? More specifically, does that mean you have Irish terrorist sympathies? Because that's your obvious insinuation when you talk about "sympathies."

Also, I never said anything about "population", I said "proportion." As in, the proportion of British citizens who are of South Asian and in many cases Muslim descent is increasing. So maybe it'd be better to learn about your neighbors and fellow citizens rather than continue your self-imposed ignorance and so blithely refer to them as 'Patel' when it is inaccurate at best and rude at worst (a more UK-centered analogy: referring to an Irish fellow as 'Jock' or a Scot as 'Paddy'.) Maybe if you understood these people - who are British, no matter what you say - you wouldn't have this irrational fear of them. And I think that would be better for everyone.

Well, you admitted you don't like the monarchy, institutions, police etc etc.........what exactly DO you like, apart from having sympathies for anyone who isn't british and appear to be totally unaware of the dangers of an expanding population - yet you say you are "worldly wise".

I have some pride in British history and also believe in a community of people sharing common needs and values - that sense of community easily travels over borders though - that's why I'm not blind to some of the shit that Britain has done to other people. I'd also argue that before you say "Muslims don't share British values" that they top polls for lack of crime and respect for law and order and overall are more respectful of authority thatn a shit load of british people - including me.

You also bracketed British Special Forces with terrorists that blow up shopping centres and aeroplanes. Staggering.

To me, misguided and misled people who are so desperate that they commit acts of terror, though thoroughly and completely wrong, aren't as bad as training people to be experts in covert murder, sending them on missions with no regard to civilians despite what you say, and then building said killers up as heroes who should be admired and looked up to and whose crimes are excused under the guise of patriotism.

I see murderers - I don't care whether they are called "Patel" or are wearing a badge with "Who dares Wins" on it.

I am sorry but you have total zero understanding of the role of Special Forces and the security requirements and needs of Britain.

That is all I can say to be honest.

The point about muslims having the best stats for "respect for law and order" mean absolutely jack shit in the context we are talking about, which is that those who oppose British Forces and their role against certain countries ought to fuck off to where their sympathies lie if that is how they feel about it.

Leazes, I see you've chosen to ignore the examples given of British soldiers murdering civilians.

Might've known you'd mention something twisted like this. You'll be mentioning food getting shipped to England in the 1840's next.

He said that the British army hadn't murdered innocent civilians, I provided an example of where they did. Their own civilians I hasten to add.

It's amazing isn't it. Imagine living here and not supporting great British traditions like the murder of civilians, torture and the erosion of rights.

...oops hang on, I've got it wrong there. What I meant was we're proud to be British when we DON'T do those things and kick off big style when it happens....rather than sweep it under the carpet and pretend only the baddies do it.

Patel is a Hindu name, not a Muslim one, you dullard. Just goes to show how thick you are. You probably think everyone from the subcontinent is a 'paki' and anyone from east of there (that is, anyone with 'slanty eyes') is a 'chinky.' Welcome to the 21st century, Leazes. Maybe if you and those like you actually tried to learn something about the people who make up an ever-rising proportion of your country instead of closing your mind and wishing for them to be sent back, you'd see that Britain may be different now, but no worse for it.

I don't actually give a flying fuck if it is a Hindu or a Muslim name. Why are you so knowledgeable, does it have anything to do with your sympathies ? You ought to wake up, the use of the word "paki" [not that I have ever used it on here or in real life anyway] is no different to the use of the word "brit", "limey", "taff", "jock" etc etc.......its people like you who attempt to say that it is because you are, yes, a do gooder left wing pc correct pillock.

The population of my country will in the not too distant future hit the 70 million mark, and yes you are quite right when I say this is becoming a dangerous level which is part of the reason I say what i say along with an ever increasing amount of pillocks like you who think they can tell me what I can and can't say in my own country.

I wasn't aware it required one to be "knowledgeable" to be able to differentiate between names. I'm sure you can identify, let's say, O'Brien as an Irish name. Does that mean you have Irish sympathies? More specifically, does that mean you have Irish terrorist sympathies? Because that's your obvious insinuation when you talk about "sympathies."

Also, I never said anything about "population", I said "proportion." As in, the proportion of British citizens who are of South Asian and in many cases Muslim descent is increasing . So maybe it'd be better to learn about your neighbors and fellow citizens rather than continue your self-imposed ignorance and so blithely refer to them as 'Patel' when it is inaccurate at best and rude at worst (a more UK-centered analogy: referring to an Irish fellow as 'Jock' or a Scot as 'Paddy'.) Maybe if you understood these people - who are British, no matter what you say - you wouldn't have this irrational fear of them. And I think that would be better for everyone.

exactly my point.

And - as you don't live in Britain [the US?] you are in no position to comment on the current positon in Britain, which in my view you are totally ignorant of, unlike myself because I do have first hand experience of life in Britain. I don't also give a toss if you think it is "rude" [get a life and some backbone] to call someone "paddy" or "jock", and coming from someone who [presumably] lives in the US and is made up of all the 57 varieties of mongrels walking this planet its a bit rich. One thing they ie the yanks, do get right though, is to make immigrants swear allegiance to the US - or do they ? you can correct me on that if you feel I am wrong but "yanks" I have met - and good friends too - tell me that this is correct.

By the way, "neighbours" is the correct spelling, not "neighbors" learn to spell English correctly before commenting on the intelligence of others. :icon_lol:

I think anyone who isn't worried about the social impact if nothing else on a Britain with a rising population that is approaching 70 million has a problem to be honest, it won't affect me now so I don't "fear" it either :icon_lol:

I think detaining terrorists like the yanks do is perfectly correct and would like us "brits" in Blighty to do the same, in fact I would put the lot of them on Death Row and shoot them all, what a shame you appear to be a "yank do gooder" I didn't realise they existed like they do here, and find it quite sad that you perceive yourself, as a do gooder, being "intelligent" when in fact you are typically a blind naive idiot.

Edited by LeazesMag

Also, I never said anything about "population", I said "proportion." As in, the proportion of British citizens who are of South Asian and in many cases Muslim descent is increasing . So maybe it'd be better to learn about your neighbors and fellow citizens rather than continue your self-imposed ignorance and so blithely refer to them as 'Patel' when it is inaccurate at best and rude at worst (a more UK-centered analogy: referring to an Irish fellow as 'Jock' or a Scot as 'Paddy'.) Maybe if you understood these people - who are British, no matter what you say - you wouldn't have this irrational fear of them. And I think that would be better for everyone.

exactly my point.

And - as you don't live in Britain [the US?] you are in no position to comment on the current positon in Britain, which in my view you are totally ignorant of, unlike myself because I do have first hand experience of life in Britain. I don't also give a toss if you think it is "rude" [get a life and some backbone] to call someone "paddy" or "jock", and coming from someone who [presumably] lives in the US and is made up of all the 57 varieties of mongrels walking this planet its a bit rich. One thing they ie the yanks, do get right though, is to make immigrants swear allegiance to the US - or do they ? you can correct me on that if you feel I am wrong but "yanks" I have met - and good friends too - tell me that this is correct.

By the way, "neighbours" is the correct spelling, not "neighbors" learn to spell English correctly before commenting on the intelligence of others. :icon_lol:

I think anyone who isn't worried about the social impact if nothing else on a Britain with a rising population that is approaching 70 million has a problem to be honest, it won't affect me now so I don't "fear" it either :icon_lol:

I think detaining terrorists like the yanks do is perfectly correct and would like us "brits" in Blighty to do the same, in fact I would put the lot of them on Death Row and shoot them all, what a shame you appear to be a "yank do gooder" I didn't realise they existed like they do here, and find it quite sad that you perceive yourself, as a do gooder, being "intelligent" when in fact you are typically a blind naive idiot.

So, no answer at all to any of my points, and just a load of bluster and nonsense. Shall I call you Fop mark II? What on earth do swearing allegiance, the "57 varieties of mongrels" - FFS man - and detaining terrorists have to do with what we're talking about? You been hitting the bottle again?

The fact that you honestly, truly think that opposing the actions of a government is tantamount to opposing the nation that that government represents is more indicative of intelligence than anything else we have discussed. That sort of nonsense is prevalent among the "yanks" - people who publicly oppose the illegal, corrupt and immoral actions of the US government are branded "unpatriotic", put on watch lists, detained etc. - but I didn't know it had infected England as well. Let's hope you're just one old drunken idiot on your jack-jones spouting this crap and that it isn't prevalent, since as you say, I am stuck over here 'across the pond' and I don't know what the situation in England is as well as you do.

You didn't understand my point about "paddy" and "jock" either. Not understanding appears to be one of your only strong suits. I said calling Muslims Patel is the same as calling Scots paddy or calling Irish jock. Doesn't make sense. Is wrong. Like you.

Patel is an Indian name isn't it, but there are 100m Indian muslims? Is it exclusively Hindi? Or Sikh?

Anyway your spelling of neighbour gives the game up for you, born and bred yank as far as I'm concerned.

You say you're not anti-British, I'm not anti-Irish, I just find 90% of what you say about the UK is negative. For all our problems, we're a great fuckin country, I think most of the world thinks we're a slightly negative influence in the world. My thoughts are we've done more good, and perhaps more bad than any country in the history of mankind.

Really? I may make negative comments about certain elements of Britain but no more than anyone else on here. I very much doubt you'll find a quote from me knocking the country as a whole.

exactly my point.

By the way, "neighbours" is the correct spelling, not "neighbors" learn to spell English correctly before commenting on the intelligence of others. ;)

I think anyone who isn't worried about the social impact if nothing else on a Britain with a rising population that is approaching 70 million has a problem to be honest, it won't affect me now so I don't "fear" it either :razz:

So, no answer at all to any of my points, and just a load of bluster and nonsense. Shall I call you Fop mark II? What on earth do swearing allegiance, the "57 varieties of mongrels" - FFS man - and detaining terrorists have to do with what we're talking about? You been hitting the bottle again?

The fact that you honestly, truly think that opposing the actions of a government is tantamount to opposing the nation that that government represents is more indicative of intelligence than anything else we have discussed. That sort of nonsense is prevalent among the "yanks" - people who publicly oppose the illegal, corrupt and immoral actions of the US government are branded "unpatriotic", put on watch lists, detained etc. - but I didn't know it had infected England as well. Let's hope you're just one old drunken idiot on your jack-jones spouting this crap and that it isn't prevalent, since as you say, I am stuck over here 'across the pond' and I don't know what the situation in England is as well as you do.

You didn't understand my point about "paddy" and "jock" either. Not understanding appears to be one of your only strong suits. I said calling Muslims Patel is the same as calling Scots paddy or calling Irish jock. Doesn't make sense. Is wrong. Like you.

Basically, you're a yank. You know fuck all about Britain. End of.

ok Leazes how do you feel about the following?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/01/08/...ted-states.html

i know it's not a "british" story ;) ( my sincerest apologies) but how do you account for these muslims, since they are saying in no uncertain terms that they don't (and any muslims should not) condone terrorist attacks.

i know it's not a "british" story ;) ( my sincerest apologies) but how do you account for these muslims, since they are saying in no uncertain terms that they don't (and any muslims should not) condone terrorist attacks.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/demographics.asp

another good link, as it speaks to the EU muslim "invasion"

putting "invasion" in brackets like that says everything to be honest

so does your incredibly myopic view of all that is non-british, what color is your hood? traditional white or is it emblazoned with a union jack?

so does your incredibly myopic view of all that is non-british, what color is your hood? traditional white or is it emblazoned with a union jack?

my views are based on life experience, not what some out of touch "intellectual" has brainwashed me with. By the way, your own comments above betray your own limited thinking but I don't suppose you will understand that....... :razz:

my views are based on life experience, not what some out of touch "intellectual" has brainwashed me with. By the way, your own comments above betray your own limited thinking but I don't suppose you will understand that....... :razz:

please....enlighten me to your point of view. I have a genuine desire to understand the xenophobic point of view. I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

however you still haven't commented on the above articles.....the second you may not enjoy and fair enough, my original link is for an article on the fatwa from the heads of the muslim religion in NA. They state that it goes against muslim teachings to try and enact terrorist plots.......sooooooo, what say you to that? Are they just joking?

my views are based on life experience, not what some out of touch "intellectual" has brainwashed me with. By the way, your own comments above betray your own limited thinking but I don't suppose you will understand that....... ;)

This is the latest in a line of posts where you intimate that being intellectual is a bad thing, also doing good... It's what the right wing do in America, where the need to seem at one with the common man is held in higher regard than thinking with more than your gut. FOX endlessly belittle academia as out of touch, when in truth, the ignorant demagogues are those that are out of touch with how the world really is, because they see it from (ironically) behind a veil of fear and conservatism. Anything moderate or considerate is dismissed as weak and anything that encourages pluralism is unpatriotic. They use fear and anger as a bludgeon, however when their views are challenged the challenger is labelled and their points ignored.

I'm just curious, what reason have you for this, if it is not akin to theirs?

Don't get me wrong, some great thinkers have operated on the right hand side of the political spectrum, but at least they were great thinkers and not just fear mongers.

Also as a side bar, why is it "brainwashing" when it's one view, but "life experience" when it's another?

Oh, by the by? Please don't reply with the staid "Well if you don't know, then what's the point" as it highlights your ignorance rather than displaying any knowledge or insight you may have garnered from your much vaunted "Life Experience"

Yep - education is "brainwashing" and "life experience" triumphs over any evidence like all of the examples of civilian casualties or the Snopes thing which proves all the shit about birthrates is utter bollocks but what does that matter.

By the way LM enjoyed any good curries lately?

my views are based on life experience, not what some out of touch "intellectual" has brainwashed me with. By the way, your own comments above betray your own limited thinking but I don't suppose you will understand that....... ;)

This is the latest in a line of posts where you intimate that being intellectual is a bad thing, also doing good... It's what the right wing do in America, where the need to seem at one with the common man is held in higher regard than thinking with more than your gut. FOX endlessly belittle academia as out of touch, when in truth, the ignorant demagogues are those that are out of touch with how the world really is, because they see it from (ironically) behind a veil of fear and conservatism. Anything moderate or considerate is dismissed as weak and anything that encourages pluralism is unpatriotic. They use fear and anger as a bludgeon, however when their views are challenged the challenger is labelled and their points ignored.

Don't get me wrong, some great thinkers have operated on the right hand side of the political spectrum, but at least they were great thinkers and not just fear mongers.

Also as a side bar, why is it "brainwashing" when it's one view, but "life experience" when it's another?

Oh, by the by? Please don't reply with the staid "Well if you don't know, then what's the point" as it highlights your ignorance rather than displaying any knowledge or insight you may have garnered from your much vaunted "Life Experience"

I've already tried to get an answer on this Fish

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=703556

As usual, no real reply, it's all down to my lack of 'life experience' apparently? :)

So, Leazes, how about a brief summary of your fantastic 'Life Experience'- I'm intrigued.

Did you do a lot of travelling, were you a voluntary aid worker, oil worker in the middle east?

Please, don't say you were a squaddie :razz:

ooooooooooooooooooh, proper nasty bitchy comments from both sides of the political spectrum. must say, I'm enjoying this discussion............

You're cleary lacking in Life experience, or brainwashed, or a pinko commie bastard, or........

The Halls & Shepherds were the best thing since humans developed speech.

[sarcmark]

ooooooooooooooooooh, proper nasty bitchy comments from both sides of the political spectrum. must say, I'm enjoying this discussion............

You're cleary lacking in Life experience, or brainwashed, or a pinko commie bastard, or........

[sarcmark]

;)

[sarcmark]

;)

please....enlighten me to your point of view. I have a genuine desire to understand the xenophobic point of view. I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

however you still haven't commented on the above articles.....the second you may not enjoy and fair enough, my original link is for an article on the fatwa from the heads of the muslim religion in NA. They state that it goes against muslim teachings to try and enact terrorist plots.......sooooooo, what say you to that? Are they just joking?

that's what I mean.

Are you one of these out of touch "intellectuals" yourself who actually have no experience of anything :)

PS.......don't tell me your link goes against muslim teachings, tell the terrorists scumbags that you are making excuses for, but make sure you tell them before they blow your head off

Edited by LeazesMag

As usual, no real reply, it's all down to my lack of 'life experience' apparently? :)

So, Leazes, how about a brief summary of your fantastic 'Life Experience'- I'm intrigued.

Did you do a lot of travelling, were you a voluntary aid worker, oil worker in the middle east?

Please, don't say you were a squaddie :)

#As it happens, no I was not a squaddie. But making this very comment betrays your total lack of understanding of national security and how it works. What is wrong with being a squaddie in the front line, do you seriously think you have more understanding ? What book did you read all your theories ? :razz:

Edited by LeazesMag

As usual, no real reply, it's all down to my lack of 'life experience' apparently? :D

Please, don't say you were a squaddie :)

#As it happens, no I was not a squaddie. But making this very comment betrays yourA total lack of understanding of national security and how it works. What is wrong with being a squaddie in the front line, do you seriously think you have more understanding ? BWhat book did you read all your theories ? :razz:

A Bingo :)

B No Book...cannot read...brainwashed...must hate Muslims

So anyway Leazes, yet again you have squirmed out of answering a direct question- what is your life experience that makes you so much more worldly than the rest of us?

A simple answer will do.