General Election 2010

Christmas Tree

Toontastic pre-GE Poll  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hadn't seen this until HIGNFY last night...

:lol:

Sorry if it had already been posted anywhere.

Ha ha ha. Rattled, proves he can't think for himself if he falls out his script. The prospect of this man as our PM is actually quite frightening.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cameron dealt in cringeworthy anecdotes and exceptionally empty yet typical Tory rhetoric for the vast majority of the debate and didn't look comfortable with the format at all. Okay, towards the end he found his stride but only managed to slip into his role as snake oil salesman.

Spot on observation. And Brown as bad as IDS Craig? Bollocks man.

I did say "almost"... :lol:

He dithers like fuck man but what really stood out for me was his rhetoric to attack Cameron from the outset. The Prime Minister for me should start a debate such as defending his own position rather than starting on the attack against the bloke who will most likely replace him. It smacks of him feeling severely threatened by Cameron.

The cabinet standing outside no.10 when he announced the election spoke volumes to me - he wanted it to appear that he was just the front man of a team but it looked in all intense purposes like he needed them to carry him.

It's party politics though, he can't simply go on the defensive from the off, it would be suicide to do that.

And of course he's threatened by Cameron, he's met a black man.

Mr Clegg led four instant polls in the hours after the broadcast, claiming

51% of viewers' votes in a survey for The Sun,

43% in another for ITV News and

37% in a text message poll for Sky News.

The Sun had Mr Cameron on 29% and Mr Brown on 19%,

ITV1's poll scored them on 26% and 20% respectively

Sky News survey put the Tory leader marginally behind the Prime Minister by 31% to 32%.

In The Times, the Lib Dem leader was rated the winner by a colossal 61%, against 22% for Cameron and 17% for Brown.

Be interesting to see if this actually affects people's voting intentions though, and whether Clegg takes more from potential Conservative or Labour voters.

Brown was abject, whatever he said as his opening statement to a question he then repeated everytime he spoke, that's when he wasn't saying "Nick agrees with me".

As for the "we're going to put x,y,z right" You've had fucking years to do just that you twat !!!!

Clegg best by a mile, Cameron second, Brown utter shite.

Of course labour'll still get hods of votes, because my grandad voted for them you know, it's what we do in our family/area :nufc:

He made himself look extremely weak by keep saying this, especially when the camera cut to clegg shaking his head in disagreement. :lol:

Brown was saying that Clegg agreed with him on the need for House of Lords reform and a change in the voting system. Something Clegg does agree with but was being deliberately difficult about.

Mr Clegg led four instant polls in the hours after the broadcast, claiming

51% of viewers' votes in a survey for The Sun,

43% in another for ITV News and

37% in a text message poll for Sky News.

The Sun had Mr Cameron on 29% and Mr Brown on 19%,

ITV1's poll scored them on 26% and 20% respectively

Sky News survey put the Tory leader marginally behind the Prime Minister by 31% to 32%.

In The Times, the Lib Dem leader was rated the winner by a colossal 61%, against 22% for Cameron and 17% for Brown.

But the same floaters who gave Clegg the lead on the show, still voted Lib Dems third when asked who they would vote for in a general election. :lol:

I sometimes wonder who these floaters actually are? The people who make governments are the people change from Labour to Conservative and then back again. Some of these so called floaters just seem like total clueless tossers.

With regard to Clegg, I liked his "freshness" at first but then started to find him irritating. More importantly he overused the "lets all get together and form a decision card". This just left me feeling that he actually had no ideas himself.

But would I vote Lib Dem, no. Still dont think they have anymore than 3 or 4 really good politicians.

Its like that Nigel Ferrero Rocher from UKIP. He always talks very well and makes some very sensible points on UKIP but you know theres no-one behind him.

Brown was abject, whatever he said as his opening statement to a question he then repeated everytime he spoke, that's when he wasn't saying "Nick agrees with me".

As for the "we're going to put x,y,z right" You've had fucking years to do just that you twat !!!!

Clegg best by a mile, Cameron second, Brown utter shite.

Of course labour'll still get hods of votes, because my grandad voted for them you know, it's what we do in our family/area :nufc:

He made himself look extremely weak by keep saying this, especially when the camera cut to clegg shaking his head in disagreement. :lol:

Brown was saying that Clegg agreed with him on the need for House of Lords reform and a change in the voting system. Something Clegg does agree with but was being deliberately difficult about.

He did come out with "and Nick agrees with me" several times... which suggests he's desperate to form a coalition already.

Cleggs a liability trying to pretend hes the only one with figures, yet said the 4,000 prisoners serving less than 6 month sentances (close only 1000% under the actual amount)

Camerons going to target China with missiles aswell (whoops)

Gordon Brown was the only one who didnt actually say anything to humiliate himself

Hadn't seen this until HIGNFY last night...

Sorry if it had already been posted anywhere.

Ha ha ha. Rattled, proves he can't think for himself if he falls out his script. The prospect of this man as our PM is actually quite frightening.

Agreed, didn't Obama famously call him lightweight when he met him?

Will be very interesting to see if Clegg can gain momentum and make a real challenge.

I thought you were a 'floater' CT?

Dyed in the wool Tory but there to be persuaded by a.n. other. Not going to be Clegg or Brown though this time but if I had to I would lean more towards the Lib Dems after last night.

Any government thats had 13 years has used all the best people and is usually corrupt and exhausted. And its pure turn off stuff when they say we hate such and such and we are going to change it next year. You've had 13 years to get rid of tory peers you fuckers.

Theres just something about Clegg, something Jim Caryish?????

Cleggs a liability trying to pretend hes the only one with figures, yet said the 4,000 prisoners serving less than 6 month sentances (close only 1000% under the actual amount)

Camerons going to target China with missiles aswell (whoops)

Gordon Brown was the only one who didnt actually say anything to humiliate himself

That was a big big no no :lol:

The best (by which I mean most hilariously crow-barred in) anecdote was the one about the bloke that got robbed while he was at his mothers funeral.

:lol: Holy Shit David. What kind of fucked up prime minister would encourage that? Hang your head Gordon Brown.

That was a Clegg anecdote I think, although it did follow CMDs "They stole everything! EVERYTHING! And set fire to her sofa....." Daily Mail rant.

Clegg, Brown, Cameron in that order.

+1

+2

But then I thought Brown undersold a lot of what's going on under labour. He didn't quantify how many more police there are now and how much crime has dropped while the other two kept complaining about crime out of control. Or by how much immigration has been coming down (or even how the net profit from immigratioon is positive rather than negative) while Cameron suggested border police (WTF? :lol: More spending David?).

He did mention it and it was one of his stronger moments IMO. Basically tore D-Cam's argument apart before he got a chance to get going.

That said I watched the after debate poll of floating voters on ITV and Brown's rating fell drastically when talking about it. Basically the electorate don't like cold, hard facts. They like scare stories about the dark skinned boogey men. That's to be expected though I suppose, they were from Bolton.

I thought you were a 'floater' CT?

Dyed in the wool Tory but there to be persuaded by a.n. other. Not going to be Clegg or Brown though this time but if I had to I would lean more towards the Lib Dems after last night.

Any government thats had 13 years has used all the best people and is usually corrupt and exhausted. And its pure turn off stuff when they say we hate such and such and we are going to change it next year. You've had 13 years to get rid of tory peers you fuckers.

Theres just something about Clegg, something Jim Caryish?????

Tbf Brown hasn't been PM for all that time. And I'd love to see the end of heriditary peerage - better late than never. Not a surprise the party of privilege and inherited wealth is against it mind.

Any government thats had 13 years has used all the best people and is usually corrupt and exhausted.

The tories are corrupt before they get in man. Look at the shadow cabinet...

Hague

Has the stink of the Ashcroft affair hanging around him.

Osborne

Has the Deripaska claim, and he was one of the MPs to have 'flipped' his home in the expenses scandal.

Grayling

A mess.

Made hundreds of thousands in the expenses scandal.

Says B&B's should have the right to turn away gay couples.

Cooks the numbers on crime.

and....

On 7 October 2009 he was asked by the BBC about a Conservative Party plan to offer General Sir Richard Dannatt an advisory role. He, thinking it was a Labour appointment, said he hoped it was not a "political gimmick", and said "We've seen too many appointments in this government of external people where it's all been about Gordon Brown's PR.". When he realized he had misheard the question, and that it was a possible appointment of his own party, he said he was "really delighted" with the idea, adding "It's a bit embarrassing really because I would have liked to give General Dannatt a more enthusiastic welcome."

Pickles

had to pay back £300 following the expenses scandal.

Lansley

Another flipper

Spelman

Nannygate

Received £40,000 for cleaning and bills for her constituency home, despite being her main home.

Gove

Another flipper

Fox

Ridiculous expenses claims (£19,000 on his mobile phone)

Twice admitted to breaking parliamentary rules.

These are just the ones I've looked at so far. Every one of them, a twat. I could keep going.

+1

+2

But then I thought Brown undersold a lot of what's going on under labour. He didn't quantify how many more police there are now and how much crime has dropped while the other two kept complaining about crime out of control. Or by how much immigration has been coming down (or even how the net profit from immigratioon is positive rather than negative) while Cameron suggested border police (WTF? :lol: More spending David?).

He did mention it and it was one of his stronger moments IMO. Basically tore D-Cam's argument apart before he got a chance to get going.

That said I watched the after debate poll of floating voters on ITV and Brown's rating fell drastically when talking about it. Basically the electorate don't like cold, hard facts. They like scare stories about the dark skinned boogey men. That's to be expected though I suppose, they were from Bolton.

I think its more because the media has portrayed Labour as being soft on immigration so much it has stuck, and no matter what he says will make a difference. Having said that, I'm unsure why Labour aren't more proactive in dispelling the myths. Perhaps they don't want to get into the EU debate, I'm not sure. Oh, and the Lib Dems proposals for regional immigration seem entirely impractical to me. In fact, Clegg may have come out well, but his policies were all over the place imo.

Any government thats had 13 years has used all the best people and is usually corrupt and exhausted.

Hague

Osborne

Has the Deripaska claim, and he was one of the MPs to have 'flipped' his home in the expenses scandal.

Grayling

A mess.

and....

On 7 October 2009 he was asked by the BBC about a Conservative Party plan to offer General Sir Richard Dannatt an advisory role. He, thinking it was a Labour appointment, said he hoped it was not a "political gimmick", and said "We've seen too many appointments in this government of external people where it's all been about Gordon Brown's PR.". When he realized he had misheard the question, and that it was a possible appointment of his own party, he said he was "really delighted" with the idea, adding "It's a bit embarrassing really because I would have liked to give General Dannatt a more enthusiastic welcome."

Pickles

Lansley

Another flipper

Spelman

Nannygate

Received £40,000 for cleaning and bills for her constituency home, despite being her main home.

Gove

Another flipper

Fox

These are just the ones I've looked at so far. Every one of them, a twat. I could keep going.

All good fun Happy but totally biassed!

The point remains and is a well known political reality that all the best Labour people have gone.

+1

+2

Overall it just depressed me a great deal. 3 blokes telling everyone what they want to hear. "We need to cut spending, cut bureaucracy, cut democratic representation, cut the deficit.....but pump far more cash into helicopters, ships, nukes and equipment for keeping 10,000 soldiers in Afghanistan on the false pretense of counter-terrorism"

Cameron is clearly an uber-cunt of magnificent proportion. He just ignored the point when anyone raised the contradiction of cutting the deficit and tax cuts for the wealthiest. His head's longer than Beaker's, the fucker.

Clegg seemed a bit nervous. Stuttering about and getting his grammar muxed ip. Says it all that he still looked a more solid option with a better grasp on issues than either of the other two and didn't make wild promises to pull in votes as I recall.

Nobody who might actually do something gets to lead these parties man you know that. It will be business as usual...It will be another war = check, public money wasted = check, lies after tea time =check...etc...

Hague

Osborne

Grayling

A mess.

and....

:nufc:

Pickles

Lansley

Another flipper

Spelman

Nannygate

Gove

Another flipper

Fox

Nice work. Are you a professional researcher HF, or just a serious busybody? :lol:

The best (by which I mean most hilariously crow-barred in) anecdote was the one about the bloke that got robbed while he was at his mothers funeral.

:lol: Holy Shit David. What kind of fucked up prime minister would encourage that? Hang your head Gordon Brown.

That was a Clegg anecdote I think, although it did follow CMDs "They stole everything! EVERYTHING! And set fire to her sofa....." Daily Mail rant.

You're right...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs...firstdebate.pdf

I laughed at Cameron's fawning, empty answer to the armed forces question too....

AUDIENCE MEMBER:

Good evening, guys. British troops seem to be dying

unnecessarily and far too frequently. In my opinion, they are

under-equipped and massively underpaid. What assurances

can you give the armed forces that things will improve?

DAVID CAMERON:

Sorry, I couldn't see Nick in the audience. Can you put your

hand up? Ah... Oh, sorry, you're behind the... Same problem,

behind the camera. First of all, can I thank you for what you

do, and I join with Gordon in paying tribute to our forces. I've

been to Afghanistan in each of the last four years, and just the

bravery and the incredible courage and determination of what

those men and women do just humbles you every time you

see it. They're not just brave fighters, they are brilliant

diplomats in dealing with difficult situations, they're incredible

athletes, they are brilliant, brilliant people. But I don't think we

do do enough for them. I know that steps are being taken to

try and improve the situation. But, frankly, we shouldn't be in

the situation we are. In the last few months, we had to fight a

battle in parliament to stop the government cutting the training

for the Territorial Army. I think it's madness when you've got

soldiers deployed overseas actually not to invest in your

Territorial Army, because they're a very, very important part of

our armed services.

The bold bit is cock-sucking, the red bit is an admission Labour are doing something about it already and the rest is what they wouldn't do. A better answer would have been "none!"