General Election 2010

Christmas Tree

Toontastic pre-GE Poll  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

EDIT: whos Glenn Beck?

An entertainingly insane fuckwit on Fox News - his latest classic was to proclaim that anyone who talked about "Social Justice" was either a Stalinist or a Nazi.

never heard of him but he sounds like a bit of a fruitloop right enough.

Fruitloop is an understatement. Put it this way, if he was British, he'd be standing on a street corner with a tinfoil hat proclaiming the end of society if another Polish immigrant got a job and that anyone who has ever voted Labour is a Communist Nazi.

Leazes has copyright on that I believe.

Is that the description of Glenn Beck, or actually being the tinfoil hat wearing nutcase?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: whos Glenn Beck?

An entertainingly insane fuckwit on Fox News - his latest classic was to proclaim that anyone who talked about "Social Justice" was either a Stalinist or a Nazi.

never heard of him but he sounds like a bit of a fruitloop right enough.

Fruitloop is an understatement. Put it this way, if he was British, he'd be standing on a street corner with a tinfoil hat proclaiming the end of society if another Polish immigrant got a job and that anyone who has ever voted Labour is a Communist Nazi.

Leazes has copyright on that I believe.

Is that the description of Glenn Beck, or actually being the tinfoil hat wearing nutcase?

All of it.

more from Littlejohn. got to say he's been funny this week

They accuse Basil Brush and Prince Charles of hate crimes and let the real villains off scot-free

Not content with introducing more than 3,500 new laws in its 13 years in office, the Labour Government invented a whole exciting new category of offence called 'hate crimes'. The Home Office definition is: 'Any incident which is perceived by the victim or any other person as being motivated by prejudice or hate.'

While he wasn't actually prosecuted - unlike two South Coast pensioners who protested against a Gay Pride rally - Prince Charles found himself in big trouble for referring to an Asian polo partner and friend as 'Sooty', even though the gentleman in question has no problem with his nickname.

The fact that no offence was either intended or taken would not have been enough to stop him being charged, provided someone - anyone - made a complaint. This puts the power of prosecution in the hands of any self-righteous, malevolent mischief-maker, of which we have no shortage.

Thus there was a Scottish Nationalist who demanded the hokey-cokey be classified as a 'hate crime' because, he said, the popular party song and dance had anti-papist roots and was therefore sectarian. Anyone putting their right foot in, their right foot out, in, out, in, out and shaking it all about, should be arrested.

A 77-year-old grandmother in Hampshire was warned that she would be arrested for inciting religious hatred unless she took down a jokey sign on her gate reading: 'Our dogs are fed on Jehovah's Witnesses.'

I couldn't help wondering how long it would be before the 'hate crimes' vigilantes moved to close down Margate's Winter Gardens for featuring not only Sooty In Space, a kids' puppet show, but an evening with 4 Poofs And A Piano, Jonathan Ross's house band.

The 4 Poofs And A Piano were refused permission to register their name as a Trademark because, the authorities said, someone could find the name offensive.

The 4 Poofs protested that, given they were the poofs in question, no one could possibly take offence. If that's what they chose to call themselves, what was the problem?

None of this cut any ice with the Trademark Taliban, who continued to insist that 'poofs' was intrinsically insulting and therefore could not receive official endorsement.

As for Sooty In Space, the possibilities for prosecution were twofold, both racist and homophobic. Not only is 'Sooty' considered to be an outrageous racial slur, but Sooty himself spends the entire show with someone's hand up his backside.

One phone call to the Old Bill from the Margate branch of Stonewall and it would be: 'Izzy-wizzy, let's get busy!'

The only difficulty would be knowing which branch of Kent Police to complain to. I logged on to its website and clicked 'diversity'. You're spoiled for choice.

4 Poofs And A Piano, Jonathan Ross's house band, were refused permission to register their name as a Trademark as it was considered 'offensive'

There's the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Action Group, which gives lesbians, gays and bisexuals an 'influential voice that will be listened to' and guarantees 'a dynamic forum for positive action'.

This isn't to be confused with either the Gay and Transgender Action Group or the Kent Police Gay and Lesbian Support Group.

If they don't take your complaint seriously, you could always ring the freefone number for the Kent Homophobic and Transphobic Reporting Line.

Then there's always the Hate Crime Action Group, the Minority Ethnic Action Group and the Fairness Action Group, all of which come under the umbrella of the Diversity and Fairness Strategy Board, part of the new Citizen Focus Performance Gold Group, chaired by a deputy chief constable.

They all have to justify their existence somehow. Which is why they are urging you to report any potential 'hate crime', however trivial.

Between them, they should be able to cobble together some kind of charge that will stick and ensure that Sooty and the 4 Poofs are banged up in Maidstone nick for the next ten years.

I dread to think what all this is costing, both in terms of hard cash and the monumental waste of police time, sitting around in committee meetings, talking bollocks and ticking boxes.

And this madness isn't just confined to Kent, it's replicated in every police force across the country, in triplicate. (I hesitate to say 'in spades'.)

Sooty may have got away with it for now, but Basil Brush wasn't so lucky. In 2008, he found himself being investigated after being put in the frame by someone called Joseph Jones, who styles himself vice-chairman of the Southern England Romany Gipsy & Irish Traveller Network.

Jojo took extreme offence at the 'racist and offensive' nature of an episode broadcast on the children's digital channel CBBC in which Basil's neighbour, Dame Rosie Fortune, tries to sell him pegs and lucky heather and offers to read his palm.

Basil's having none of it. He says: 'I went to a fortune-teller once and he said I was going on a long journey. He stole my wallet and I had to walk all the way home.' Boom, and indeed, boom!

Jojo complained about such 'stereotypical comments'. Police officers were said to be studying the offending episode for evidence. I still can't believe I wrote that sentence.

Police officers in Northamptonshire were sitting around staring at a video of a glove puppet to see whether they can bring a charge of 'racism' against him.

Can you imagine the 'Wanted' poster? 'We are anxious to interview Mr Brush in relation to allegations made under the Race Relations Act 1976. He was last seen wearing a furry coat and sporting a bushy tail.'

Clearly Northamptonshire Constabulary have no more sense of the ridiculous than the complainant.

If you're wondering how Jojo came to hear about this shocking smear against sensitive, law-abiding members of the diddicoy community, then the answer is that it was first shown six years ago and has been repeated eight times since. It's also available on a DVD.

So why complain, if not to make mischief? And more to the point, why didn't the Old Bill simply tell Jojo to go away and stop wasting their time?

If Basil Brush can fall foul of the 'hate crimes' brigade, where will it all end? Will Northants social services take Andy Pandy into care because he's forced to live in a box with two other puppets? Will Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub be prosecuted for operating an all-white recruitment policy at Trumpton Fire Station?

Remember this the next time some chief constable complains about 'lack of resources' and says he can't afford to put bobbies on the beat or investigate domestic burglaries.

Meanwhile, the real purveyors of hate in our society are not only getting away with it but being encouraged by the idiocy of those in authority.

Meanwhile, the real purveyors of hate in our society are not only getting away with it but being encouraged by the idiocy of those in authority.

Has the cunt been looking in the mirror again?

How would any time wasted by the police on trivial complaints (which have always been a part of their job anyway) compare with the time they waste on the "war" on drugs which he and his paper supports to the hilt?

Apparently Cameron/the Tories have opened up a 10 point lead because his bint is pregnant or something. I fucking hate the general public.

Apparently Cameron/the Tories have opened up a 10 point lead because his bint is pregnant or something. I fucking hate the general public.

You'll hate the tories more when she mysteriously loses the baby after the election.

You'll hate the tories more when she mysteriously loses the baby after the election.

Not possible.

tbh, i reckon theres a bit more to it than just her being up the duff.

I remember when Blair got Cherie up the duff as well. It was the same day he went a bit mental and called supporters of Ken Livingston 'a rag bag of former Trotskyists' and was generally losing it over the fact Ken was on his way to becoming London mayor. The timing of the announcement was suspicious. Anyway, I hear the 'Dave' is actually a nice guy, but his daughter really plays up when the mum is about.

Where do your true political beliefs lie? Good tool at this site shows how you should be voting based on your political views.

http://www.votematch.org.uk/

Mine came out at:

Liberal Democrats - 54%

Conservatives - 51%

Labour - 46%

Pretty much what I already knew although I was surprised my Tory views weren't close to Labour rather than LD.

pretty much what i thought.

British National Party:63%

Conservative Party:62%

UK Independence Party:54%

Labour Party:34%

Liberal Democrats:22%

Green Party:9%

Christ you're more right wing than LM & Stevie combined! :D

pretty much what i thought.

British National Party:63%

Conservative Party:62%

UK Independence Party:54%