Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

This may just be me, but I'm really shocked we haven't grabbed Kris Boyd yet. I know he's unproven in the Premiership, but at near enough 1 in 2 goal scoring average, he must be worth a punt. Especially as he's free and he actually sounds like he wants to play for us.

We still need one out and out striker at least, as the only striker we have that could do well in the Prem is Carrol. I see Lovenkrands as more of a winger who occaisionally plays up front than a striker. Ameobi, Best, Xisco will not even cut it as back up IMO, which is why we should be in for Boyd, even as a squad player.

Lovenkrands sucks as a winger. He's lightweight and can't defend. Definitely a forward, best at making runs off the ball, decent finisher as well. Managers want to play him out wide because he's pretty quick and right footed, but when he is played there he goes missing. Up front or not at all for him IMO. May not sound like it, but I really like him as a player. He adds a different dimension to our attack up front as Carroll, Ameobi (and probably Best) all like the ball to come to them, whereas Lovenkrands likes to make runs onto through balls. At the very least he should create a bit more space for the other forward.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's on an absolute fortune plus a fortune in bonuses.

I think the contract is worth up to £80m or something stupid.

Football is fucked like ! :o

You serious? I've never heard anything on that :o

EDIT - some knob said "apparently we completed the signing of James Perch. Then deleted his comment.

Edited by Kevin!

Anyone else think it's a bit odd that Boyd's gone to Boro? I'm not saying we should have signed him, it's very hard to know how he'd fair in the PL, but you'd think someone out of the likes of Birmingham, Blackburn, Wolves, Stoke etc etc would have come in for him seeing as he was on a free.

I know it's long been said that he has personality problems (can't remember what exactly) maybe that's the reason.

We won't, he'd rather stay at everton, FAKT.

He's a free agent, you fucking lemonhead.

And Everton will obvs offer him a contract. Hmm Newcastle or Everton, tough choice :(

West Ham and Sunderland are in for him too supposedly, you'd think Everton would have made him a new offer but havn't thus far. The only tiny chance we'd have of signing him is if we offered him gauranteed first teem football and a decent wage.

And Everton will obvs offer him a contract. Hmm Newcastle or Everton, tough choice :(

He's become a free agent because Everton didn't offer him a new contract, its a weird one like, they hardly just forgot to do it...

He's become a free agent because Everton didn't offer him a new contract, its a weird one like, they hardly just forgot to do it...

But the teams that will come in for him, you surely can't believe that he'd want to come to a bottom PL club do you?

injured for the next three months as well is he not?

still young and worth a punt like. Should have a point to prove to Everton for them slipping up.

You truly are a fucking retard.

England Under-21 midfielder Dan Gosling has rejected a new deal with Everton and has left the club as a free agent.

You truly are a fucking retard.

England Under-21 midfielder Dan Gosling has rejected a new deal with Everton and has left the club as a free agent.

And you're a genius, takes real skill to delete a few posts :D