Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

World thickest player moves to Russia: Oba Martins to Kasan

thats quite a title

I liked Oba, wish we still had him

I wish nothing but the worst for him. Just gotten the move he deserves. I.e. to oblivion.

...why?

Because of how utterly unarsed he was when we were going down. Just couldn't be bothered about us. When Harper said he came into the dressing room at Villa Park and found players already on the phone to their agents getting moves, I think Martins will have been first on that list.

It was all very well when it was backflips and getting his name sung, but when we ended up in a real scrap he was nowhere to be found. Like most of the squad that year.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Express:

Newcastle have won the race to sign former Arsenal and England defender Sol Campbell.

Free agent Campbell, 35, who had been offered a two-year deal by Celtic, now lives in the North East and has been persuaded to continue his playing career there with Chris Hughton’s newly promoted side.

Campbell got married yesterday and is expected to sign for the Geordies once he returns from honeymoon.

Word is on the street Kevin Phillips on his way to Newcastle. I know some estate agent he told me Phillips buying a plush flat Newcastle. He says he can help Newcastle fight relegation.

Word is on the street Kevin Phillips on his way to Newcastle. I know some estate agent he told me Phillips buying a plush flat Newcastle. He says he can help Newcastle fight relegation.

Maybe he should go to Liverpool when Torres leaves. He could be within your budget.

agh wait, why should you sign him but, you have Joe Cole, you're going to win the league. Sorry, forget that some times :icon_lol:

I'm sure this is from somewhere else, as are all of soccernet's news items, but since I don't see it on the BBC:

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton has denied he is looking to sign Raul, Hatem Ben Arfa, Sol Campbell and Benjani this summer.

Newcastle, who have already brought in James Perch and Dan Gosling, have been linked with an array of big names since they secured their return to the Premier League.

However, Hughton insists links with the likes of Real Madrid legend Raul - who looks set to join Schalke - and Marseille attacker Ben Arfa have no basis in fact.

"It's natural that we get linked with players but none of those names are accurate," he told the Journal. "Raul would have to take a huge pay cut to come here - I don't think he's going to do that!

"I read about Ben Arfa. He is a cracking player and it's nice to see us linked with him, but there has been absolutely no contact there whatsoever."

Links with Campbell and Benjani - both currently free agents - as well as Scunthorpe striker Gary Hooper have also been dismissed.

"I think people have picked up on my relationship with Sol and him being available and come up with that one," Hughton said. "He is a good player but at the moment there's nothing to say on it. There hasn't been any progress."

He added: "The Benjani rumour is just wrong - he hasn't been training with us - and there is nothing in the Gary Hooper rumour either."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...ers&cc=5901

Chortle. Your mate's seen him at the airport too, and your mate's uncle's nan's cousin had him in his taxi and he said he was going for a medical.

World thickest player moves to Russia: Oba Martins to Kasan

thats quite a title

I liked Oba, wish we still had him

I wish nothing but the worst for him. Just gotten the move he deserves. I.e. to oblivion.

...why?

Because despite the platitudes some of the fans seemed to lap up he took the fucking piss. Apart from what ATP said he turned up for training when he wanted if he bothered to turn up at all when Kinnear was here. I appreciate the club was a joke then but Owen was far more professional yet he got crucified by many for not giving a shit. He's fucking shite anyway so I think I'll get my wish.

As mentioned elsewhere, clubs have to have a squad of 25 registered players for the PL this season.

City currently have 35 ish. There'll be a few bargains to be picked up.

Spurs had a bid for Scott Parker rejected. Weren't they adamant he was going there as part of the Arnesen compensation when we bought him from Chelsea?

Determined to get their man it seems...

Fulham expected to announce their new manager today - all the smart money seems to be on Mark Hughes. Good call for the them IMO.

Will do a good job for them like.

How many Man City players do we expect him to sign? :D

can see him taking ireland and bellamy