Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the players we've been linked with are dismal. Andy O'Brien, J LLoyd Samuel etc etc? Ye Gods!

Hughton is now talking about the return of Joey Barton as like having a 'new signing'. I always think this is the acid test of whether a club is deep in the transfer shit. Never mind we haven't signed any new players lads, here's an old player back from injury! Sums up just how bad things are when he's creaming his trousers over Joey climbing off the treatment table. He must enjoy the 8 or 9 'new signings' he gets during the course of every season. No wonder Fat Mike made him manager......

I never put too much stock in what the managers come out and say. Stuff like that is better than saying "Joey's coming back but usually he's a bit shit and will probably get injured again before long" He forgot to mention that he played about 10 games at the back end of last season like.

Yeah, managers have to praise the players - even if they want rid of them/think they are shite.

Hearing a big rumour that David Silva has signed a 5 year deal with Man City.

Confirmed by City....

Manchester City agree deal for David Silva

Manchester City have announced they have reached an agreement with Valencia to sign Spanish international winger David Silva.

City have agreed a five-year deal with the 24-year-old, who will complete a medical and sign for the club once his involvement in the World Cup is over.

"I am thrilled about playing in England with Manchester City," said Silva.

"I believe the Premier League is one of the best competitions in the world and I want to bring success to City."

More to follow.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/8775740.stm

Hearing a big rumour that David Silva has signed a 5 year deal with Man City.

Confirmed by City....

Manchester City agree deal for David Silva

Manchester City have announced they have reached an agreement with Valencia to sign Spanish international winger David Silva.

City have agreed a five-year deal with the 24-year-old, who will complete a medical and sign for the club once his involvement in the World Cup is over.

"I am thrilled about playing in England with Manchester City," said Silva.

"I believe the Premier League is one of the best competitions in the world and I want to bring success to City."

More to follow.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/8775740.stm

Jesus, wonder how much hes cost them

Valencia are going to be crap next season btw, sold Villa and now Silva for big money but they won't be reinvesting since they're in quite bad debt

So the only half-solid interest so far from the club is jlloyd samuel. Considering theres about 50 linked players for every 1 acquired this is gonna be extremely depressing. Is everyone just on vacation for the entire transfer window?

Not trying to be a deluded Geordie optimist, but most of our previous signings under Ashley have come out of the blue: Gutierrez, Best, Pancrate, and I think most of the other ones. Just saying its not worth giving up hope this early into the transfer window while the World Cup has yet to finish.

There was something about a 5m bid for a Turkish striker at psg being turned down yesterday. On newsnow, only read the headline but there were a few links about it.

Read the Daily Mail link and there's not much to it. £6 million bid turned down. Clubs top scorer and was signed last year for £7.5 million. Also said he was the replacement for Carroll.

So, they buy him for €9m, he then goes and scores 15 goals for them and we offer them €6m. Am I missing something here?

Edited by ewerk

So, they buy him for €9m, he then goes and scores 15 goals for them and we offer them €6m. Am I missing something here?

No. The clubs run by retards, but you knew that already :lol:

Not trying to be a deluded Geordie optimist, but most of our previous signings under Ashley have come out of the blue: Gutierrez, Best, Pancrate, and I think most of the other ones. Just saying its not worth giving up hope this early into the transfer window while the World Cup has yet to finish.

Yeah superstars :lol:

Skysports.com understands Newcastle are planning a shock move for Everton starlet Dan Gosling.

Everton risk losing highly-rated midfielder Gosling on a free transfer following a contract wrangle.

It is understood the Premier League have been asked to make a ruling after the England Under 21 prospect was not given a new contract offer in writing.

Everton claim they offered Gosling a rise verbally, but nothing was sent to him by the due date and he could be available for nothing.

The news has alerted a number of clubs to Gosling's possible availability and newly-promoted Newcastle are thought to be monitoring the situation.

Newcastle do not have much money to spend in this summer's transfer window and landing Gosling for nothing would be a massive coup for the Magpies.

Gosling, who is currently recovering from a knee injury, is highly regarded at Goodison Park and Everton are loath to lose the 20-year-old.

SSN

Skysports.com understands Newcastle are planning a shock move for Everton starlet Dan Gosling.

Everton risk losing highly-rated midfielder Gosling on a free transfer following a contract wrangle.

It is understood the Premier League have been asked to make a ruling after the England Under 21 prospect was not given a new contract offer in writing.

Everton claim they offered Gosling a rise verbally, but nothing was sent to him by the due date and he could be available for nothing.

The news has alerted a number of clubs to Gosling's possible availability and newly-promoted Newcastle are thought to be monitoring the situation.

Newcastle do not have much money to spend in this summer's transfer window and landing Gosling for nothing would be a massive coup for the Magpies.

Gosling, who is currently recovering from a knee injury, is highly regarded at Goodison Park and Everton are loath to lose the 20-year-old.

SSN

never ... gonna ... happen

Some talk of Woy Hodgson coming in for S Taylor, could really see that happening, he's pretty much Carragher mark II in the making if he develops a bit more. Add to the fact Carroll looks like he's staying for the time being at least.

This may just be me, but I'm really shocked we haven't grabbed Kris Boyd yet. I know he's unproven in the Premiership, but at near enough 1 in 2 goal scoring average, he must be worth a punt. Especially as he's free and he actually sounds like he wants to play for us.

We still need one out and out striker at least, as the only striker we have that could do well in the Prem is Carrol. I see Lovenkrands as more of a winger who occaisionally plays up front than a striker. Ameobi, Best, Xisco will not even cut it as back up IMO, which is why we should be in for Boyd, even as a squad player.

Edited by BiscuitXXI

This may just be me, but I'm really shocked we haven't grabbed Kris Boyd yet. I know he's unproven in the Premiership, but at near enough 1 in 2 goal scoring average, he must be worth a punt. Especially as he's free and he actually sounds like he wants to play for us.

We still need one out and out striker at least, as the only striker we have that could do well in the Prem is Carrol. I see Lovenkrands as more of a winger who occaisionally plays up front than a striker. Ameobi, Best, Xisco will not even cut it as back up IMO, which is why we should be in for Boyd, even as a squad player.

He is signing for the smogs.