Newcastle want director of football

Christmas Tree

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just when it looked like we were heading into a period of stability, these twunts have another go at 'planning'.

Doesn't matter what or who, it will be hamfisted fo sho.

The bottom line is we are back in the big league, big fees, big (er) stars, bigger agents, bigger wages etc. Ashley will not want Hughton to take all that on and knows himself and Llambias cant.

Hughton also comes across as the type who would rather be out there coaching than negogiating with Agents.

As Alex mentioned other clubs have good CEO's that handle this. He wont sack Llambias so the next best option is too appoint a new CEO but call him a director of football.

Im really excited about the summer months. :razz:

My god you don't half talk a lot of shite 4000 odd posts and i bet the majority are total crap why don't you concentrate on getting a life instead of licking Ashley's arse.

Yes, let's be sure to repeat the arch cock-up out of an entire season of cock-ups that got us relegated. :razz:;):icon_lol:

I thought we wanted to leave Hughton to manage the team that he did such a good job with, etc etc. Is this an implicit admission that Hughton is just a glorified coach after all and can't be trusted to run his transfer negotiations Ashley-style? What happened to backing the manager?

Let's hope this is all just lies.

Let me try and phrase this correctly, if someone is brought in whos only role is to act as a deal broker so that Chris and identify a player and this person then goes and secures that player then I have no problem with that, Chris can concentrate on coaching and guiding the team and wont have the hassle of agents and what not, then I like the idea

if that person has any other involvement with player selection then I'm opposed to it

Let me try and phrase this correctly, if someone is brought in whos only role is to act as a deal broker so that Chris and identify a player and this person then goes and secures that player then I have no problem with that, Chris can concentrate on coaching and guiding the team and wont have the hassle of agents and what not, then I like the idea

if that person has any other involvement with player selection then I'm opposed to it

Looking at the deals that have fallen through, it could well be that Ashley has looked at how Llambias has done on that score and realised he couldn't negotiate a good deal on ice from the eskimos.

However, he's tying any negotiators hands behind their back with his wage structure and a rigid ceiling on transfer fees.

Looking at the deals that have fallen through, it could well be that Ashley has looked at how Llambias has done on that score and realised he couldn't negotiate a good deal on ice from the eskimos.

However, he's tying any negotiators hands behind their back with his ALLEGED wage structure and a rigid ceiling on transfer fees.

:razz:

Kevin Keegan would be perfect for this

Indeed. Sadly never going to happen whilst Ashley and Llambias are still in the picture.

Even starting to think of people who've 'been round the block a few times' and are available makes me shudder...

O'Leary?? Wilkinson?? Venables?? Taylor?? Hoddle??

fancy name for a chief Scout/managers assistant. If Keegan had still been manager, Arthur Cox would have been ideal.

Not usre what you are all debating, he's here imo and already on the pay role.

The poison dwarf.

Never went away tbh, the only reason they're thinking of "bringing one in" would be to have someone sitting above Hughton saying "dont want to buy him for £6m nah you wanna buy this kidda from South America for a pony, look here on youtube hes class".

If it's David Dein I'd be interested, if its a Dennis Wise-a-like it's a horrible idea.

Exactly, either get somebody like Dein who is on the business side but knows what's required at football clubs unlike Llambias, or leave it alone as getting a "football" person just puts them in conflict with the manager and the last thing we need is to go back to unstability and internal conflicts.

Also if you got somebody who isn't a slimy, odious little cunt then they're a step up from Llambias.

I don't have a problem with a DoF, but I'd be afraid that the DoF would just be an old manager who never really got the tactics right. I would be ok with a man who (on CH's behest) investigates 1st team strengthening, but has free reign with regards to youth development. That man should also be able to put forward ideas for links with other clubs, community projects, PR drives, etc.

I don't believe Chris Hughton to be a particularly ego-driven man and I believe that if any manager could work with a DoF it's him.

Part of you wants the club to stay quiet and avoid blunders, however I wish Ashley would give a proper interview and lay out the plans, rather than relying on tittle tattle from papers.

Incredible to me anyone would care what he says....especially when he's responsible for 90% of tittle tattle in the papers.

Edited by Happy Face

Part of you wants the club to stay quiet and avoid blunders, however I wish Ashley would give a proper interview and lay out the plans, rather than relying on tittle tattle from papers.

Has to be a proper tv interview, like you say, if he's going to bother. Even one from Llambias would do. Because when he did it last time, ignoring for the moment that it was a pack of lies :razz: , via the match programme, he was never really taken to task by the media for reneging on those promises. Also, who buys a programme anyway? Not even the majority of people at the match. Anyway, it's all a bit moot as he won't bother.

If it's David Dein I'd be interested, if its a Dennis Wise-a-like it's a horrible idea.

Exactly, either get somebody like Dein who is on the business side but knows what's required at football clubs unlike Llambias, or leave it alone as getting a "football" person just puts them in conflict with the manager and the last thing we need is to go back to unstability and internal conflicts.

Also if you got somebody who isn't a slimy, odious little cunt then they're a step up from Llambias.

thats a bit harsh..... a slimy, odious little cunt would still be a step up from Llamarse.

I don't have a problem with a DoF, but I'd be afraid that the DoF would just be an old manager who never really got the tactics right. I would be ok with a man who (on CH's behest) investigates 1st team strengthening, but has free reign with regards to youth development. That man should also be able to put forward ideas for links with other clubs, community projects, PR drives, etc.

I don't believe Chris Hughton to be a particularly ego-driven man and I believe that if any manager could work with a DoF it's him.

IIRC, this would have been the setup he had to work under when he was coach at Tottenham. He may be used to this already...