Spain win 2010 WORLD CUP.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivory Coast were pretty lethargic and unmagical themselves, though, like they invariably are at a World Cup or African Nations level. Then again, to most observers, this has always been the group of "meh" rather than the group of death - the North Koreans were inevitably going to be the only antidote to the overrated gush of exaggerated build-up play and little end product of the other three teams, and long may they continue to throw Dear Leader's spanner into the works. :)

But for the fluke it would have been a very embarassing night for Bwazeeel.

I still get goosebumps every time I see footage of that '82 Brazilian team. The only thing I don't like about them (apart from them not going on and winning the tournament) is that they fooled a 7 year old into thinking all World Cups would be like that. I wrote an article about / love letter to that side for N-O. I'll have to see if I can find the cringeworthy thing.

I still get goosebumps every time I see footage of that '82 Brazilian team. The only thing I don't like about them (apart from them not going on and winning the tournament) is that they fooled a 7 year old into thinking all World Cups would be like that. I wrote an article about / love letter to that side for N-O. I'll have to see if I can find the cringeworthy thing.

I thought it was pretty good actually. In a fair and just universe Brazil would have won in '82.

I thought it was pretty good actually. In a fair and just universe Brazil would have won in '82.

Italy had a cracking side too mind. They played some great stuff in the final in particular. France were excellent too. England weren't too shabby either but were undone by the daft 2nd group stage. They didn't lose a game (on penalties or otherwise - played 5, won 3 and drew 2, including beating the French in their opening game).

Italy had a cracking side too mind. They played some great stuff in the final in particular. France were excellent too. England weren't too shabby either but were undone by the daft 2nd group stage. They didn't lose a game (on penalties or otherwise - played 5, won 3 and drew 2, including beating the French in their opening game).

Whatever happened to Paolo Rossi? I recall watching that tournament vaguely (I'm 42 now) but I can only really remember Brazil. Plus Rossi.

Whatever happened to Paolo Rossi? I recall watching that tournament vaguely (I'm 42 now) but I can only really remember Brazil. Plus Rossi.

Drugs and/or corruption I think, can't rightly remember

Chile look like they're going to try and play here, could be a decent game

Agree, Chile are looking good - mobile, quick moves and lush passing.

dont think that was a booking myself

Edited by Andrew

I know what you mean, mate.

Even their names sounded cool as fuck to a young'un. :)

Drugs and/or corruption I think, can't rightly remember

He was banned for a betting scandal he always denied before '82. He went on to have a successful spell at Juve after that WC (played in the same side as Boniek, Platini, Tardelli etc). He won loads of trophies there including playing in the '85 European Cup Final at the Heysel Stadium. I think he went to the '86 World Cup but he was past it (31 or something) and didn't play.

I love how people are writing off Brazil already.

I think whoever wins the game between them and Spain will win it.

We wont get a kick against them unless we start keeping possession - but I don't think we have a player that can control the midfield by just keeping it simple.

We wont get a kick against them unless we start keeping possession - but I don't think we have a player that can control the midfield by just keeping it simple.

thing is, based on most performances so far people (stevie) are writing off just about everyone, including england

even the germans good performance is being put aside as being "only against australia"

someones got to win the fucking thing

thing is, based on most performances so far people (stevie) are writing off just about everyone, including england

even the germans good performance is being put aside as being "only against australia"

Yeah I know.

I tell you what though, we'd have mega trouble trying to break down the North Koreans.

Edited by Holden McGroin

what were the ITV commentators babbling about for Honduras "penalty appeal" as I saw it it was outside the box and a good tackle, got the ball before the man and they were moaning that it was a stonewall penalty and that the referee is not up to scratch

Tyldesley last night btw. Jizzing over Robinho. Davids was spot on - he was lively and played a great pass for the goal but he was nowt special.

Tyldesley last night btw. Jizzing over Robinho. Davids was spot on - he was lively and played a great pass for the goal but he was nowt special.

looking for anything to be excited about tbh, the brazilians werent great but robinho was having a go at least, running and the pass was delightful

compared to the pedestrian brazil side around him he was special

People would be saying the exact same thing if Brazil thrashed Korea, and even then though its not really a basis to contemplate them winning the tournament.

People would be saying the exact same thing if Brazil thrashed Korea, and even then though its not really a basis to contemplate them winning the tournament.

I know but you can only beat whoever is put in front of you and both brazil and germany did

brazil at about 50% capability and germany won really well and easily

I know but you can only beat whoever is put in front of you and both brazil and germany did

brazil at about 50% capability and germany won really well and easily

Brazil were adequate at best, their crossing especially was woeful. Does that mean I'm going to rule them out based on their first performance? No. The same applies to England, France and Italy aswell.