Spain win 2010 WORLD CUP.

Park Life

I fuckin love it when ITVs commentary donkeys get it so wrong.

Writing off Maicon's sublime goal as a keeper own goal at first.

First of all he said it was an OG off the keeper then when he saw the swerve he questioned if he meant it. Definitely doesn't like Maicon.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fuckin love it when ITVs commentary donkeys get it so wrong.

Writing off Maicon's sublime goal as a keeper own goal at first.

First of all he said it was an OG off the keeper then when he saw the swerve he questioned if he meant it. Definitely doesn't like Maicon.

Just been banging on about it again- reckons it was a fortuitous mis-hit!!

Giz a job ITV, I can do that, go on , giz a job.

Last minute equaliser from New Zealand :) Great header too.

Italy, Paraguay, Slovenia & New Zealand all with 1 point, 1 goal scored and 1 goal conceeded :)

Morning after here, some very excited people......the headline in the paper was simply

Goooooooooooaaaaaaaal!

First WC point for NZ ever I think!

Last minute equaliser from New Zealand :) Great header too.

Italy, Paraguay, Slovenia & New Zealand all with 1 point, 1 goal scored and 1 goal conceeded :)

Morning after here, some very excited people......the headline in the paper was simply

Goooooooooooaaaaaaaal!

First WC point for NZ ever I think!

:woosh:

In the states they had Gullit and McManaman with pre/post game analysis. They couldn't agree on whether or not Maicon's goal was intentional (Gullit said it was while McManaman disagreed)... it seemed like the debate went on for the whole 30 minutes!

A little gag to cheer up the Aussies. Won't make much sense to others.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

A little gag to cheer up the Aussies. Won't make much sense to others.

Why... wouldn't it? Those results are legendary to any student of obscure qualifying groups. :)

....just me then?

Germans have been using the WC ball in the Bundesliga since Feb.

Premier League probally had a deal and refused to change. :)

Yep, can't see Nike being happy about them using an adidas ball.

It explains a lot about Germany's ability to complete passes and crosses whereas others have struggled.

LATEST: World Cup pundit Robbie Earle axed by ITV after tickets used 'for unauthorised purposes'

:)

Bring back Big Ron!

but will Garth Crooks or Ian Wright play the racist card :)

Can't see them understanding it or being bothered to complain, some schools might call them lazy, thick ni...

Edit: And suddenly LM's post has disappeared.

Edited by ewerk

Guest The Three Lions

Paul Ince is as bad as anyone for the racism card. "Haa caam there aint no top black managers?" Cos you're all fuckin shit, he even blamed his sacking at Blackburn on the fact he was black, nothing to do with the the fact they were relegation certainties.

Hopefully Spain liven up this World Cup eh? I'm not holding my breath though, and how wank were Brazil, they're playing a team ranked 105 in the world.

Germans have been using the WC ball in the Bundesliga since Feb.

Premier League probally had a deal and refused to change. :)

Yep, can't see Nike being happy about them using an adidas ball.

It explains a lot about Germany's ability to complete passes and crosses whereas others have struggled.

Dutch league, German league and one other had use of the ball for all of last season. I believe it was available to all leagues/teams, but La Liga and the PL both have deals with nike.

If the Koreans had better finishing skills, they would have at least drawn that match. Some of their shooting was awful. Maicon's goal was a cross, just look at his eyes. He was trying to play it into the 6yd box. Them's the breaks though.

I feel for the Koreans though if the NK Govt follow through their stance on only showing games NK win. They deserve to see their teams performance as they acquitted themselves well I thought.

On a different note, I'm pleased that all the games are on terrestrial TV only. ITV have their faults but at least all the games are available to all, which is they way it should be imo. Broadcasting them all in HD is nice too :)

If the Koreans had better finishing skills, they would have at least drawn that match. Some of their shooting was awful. Maicon's goal was a cross, just look at his eyes. He was trying to play it into the 6yr box. Them's the breaks though.

I feel for the Koreans though if the NK Govt follow through their stance on only showing games NK win. They deserve to see their teams performance as they acquitted themselves well I thought.

On a different note, I'm pleased that all the games are on terrestrial TV only. ITV have their faults but at least all the games are available to all, which is they way it should be imo. Broadcasting them all in HD is nice too :)

I thought it was a great goal at first but not after the replay. It was so much where he was looking as players will 'do' keepers with the eyes. It was more the way it didn't come off the outside of his boot, whereas it looked like it had in real-time. Fluke though anyway.

Paul Ince is as bad as anyone for the racism card. "Haa caam there aint no top black managers?" Cos you're all fuckin shit, he even blamed his sacking at Blackburn on the fact he was black, nothing to do with the the fact they were relegation certainties.

Aye, and the reaction to Keith Alexander's death a few months ago underlined the point - a genuinely bloke who knew his limitations and ploughed out a respectable lower-league management career without ever playing the race card, and nobody had a bad word to say about him. There's still plenty of kneejerk prejudice within the game, but most chairmen would hire a skittle-juggling transvestite nun as their manager if they delivered the results.

That North Korean centre-forward looked decent. Shame about his Brazilian counter-part.

Fabiano's 1 in 2 strike rate for Seville is a mystery to me, he deffo looks shit.

If it wasn't for the ultra defensive Dunga they should be starting matches with Nilmar and Lenny upfront and then maybe we might see some classic Brazil.

Brazil won't win this competition.

Hopefully Spain liven up this World Cup eh? I'm not holding my breath though, and how wank were Brazil, they're playing a team ranked 105 in the world.

You should have heard the German half time discussion, Oliver Kahn, "Someone should tell the Brazilians that if you actually run around you get warm". :) :)