Spain win 2010 WORLD CUP.

Park Life

christ I hope the Brazilians and Spanish produce something good in their first games

Bar the Germany game this has been utter pish!

have patience mate, have patience.

It doesn't pick up until sudden death, starting with the last qualifying games.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

christ I hope the Brazilians and Spanish produce something good in their first games

Good for what reason though? Because the Aussies got a leathering? I didn't think it was a particularly good match tbh - entertaining that there was a lot of goals but it was more a case of the Australians being shit than the Germans being any good.

I agree, I enjoyed the Argentina match more. Although, they hammered Nigeria in the first half, they picked up their game in the last thirty minutes and I thought they could've possibly snatched a draw.

Agreed. Argentina and Germany = best 2 teams so far, quite easily in fact.

The opposition doesn't matter, there has been lots of "poor" opposition that hasn't been well beaten, see the amount of people who thought that England would easily beat the yanks for example.

Argentina and Germany won against inferior teams, and they outplayed both their opposition in both games. Argentina are owed a few goals somewhere, they should also have won by 4 or 5.

Argentina in the first half were very organised, and the game should've been finished come half-time. Perhaps if Milito started, it could've been more a convincing result. Currently, it's only the Germans who have really put a team to the sword, but then again Australia are poor opposition and were well beaten on this occasion.

Edited by Acid

Good for what reason though? Because the Aussies got a leathering? I didn't think it was a particularly good match tbh - entertaining that there was a lot of goals but it was more a case of the Australians being shit than the Germans being any good.

I agree, I enjoyed the Argentina match more. Although, they hammered Nigeria in the first half, they picked up their game in the last thirty minutes and I thought they could've possibly snatched a draw.

The opposition doesn't matter, there has been lots of "poor" opposition that hasn't been well beaten, see the amount of people who thought that England would easily beat the yanks for example.

Argentina and Germany won against inferior teams, and they outplayed both their opposition in both games. Argentina are owed a few goals somewhere, they should also have won by 4 or 5.

Argentina in the first half were very organised, and the game should've been finished come half-time. Perhaps if Milito started, it could've been more a convincing result. Currently, it's only the Germans who have really put a team to the sword, but then again Australia are poor opposition and were well beaten on this occasion.

they have great attacking flair too though. I mentioned earlier [to ewerk, I think] about tactics and players. Tactics in terms of systems etc, geared to the strengths of your players, tweaked to cope with particular strengths and weaknesses of the oppostion. In essence, great teams have attacking flair and defensive organisation, but play to their own strengths and have the determined desire to win and the belief in themselves that they are the best.

The Germans are athletic and precise, as always. Neither team gives the ball away like England do, our eternal failing.

The Germans are athletic and precise, as always. Neither team gives the ball away like England do, our eternal failing.

Correct, and when they do lose possesion they don't shit themselves.

I mentioned earlier [to ewerk, I think] about tactics and players. Tactics in terms of systems etc, geared to the strengths of your players, tweaked to cope with particular strengths and weaknesses of the oppostion. In essence, great teams have attacking flair and defensive organisation, but play to their own strengths and have the determined desire to win and the belief in themselves that they are the best.

So you recognise now that tactics are a useful part of the game? Listen to me and you'll learn a thing or two . :)

LATEST: World Cup pundit Robbie Earle axed by ITV after tickets used 'for unauthorised purposes'

:)

He was given 50 tickets ffs, this shows how desperate FIFA must be to get people into the games. It'd be interesting to know what the average attendance/capacity percentage has been so far, where's HF when you need him.

I mentioned earlier [to ewerk, I think] about tactics and players. Tactics in terms of systems etc, geared to the strengths of your players, tweaked to cope with particular strengths and weaknesses of the oppostion. In essence, great teams have attacking flair and defensive organisation, but play to their own strengths and have the determined desire to win and the belief in themselves that they are the best.

So you recognise now that tactics are a useful part of the game? Listen to me and you'll learn a thing or two . :)

never said it wasn't, useful, that is all, you should listen to me. Desire and belief are by far more important though. In a word, attitude.

never said it wasn't, useful, that is all, you should listen to me. Desire and belief are by far more important though. In a word, attitude.

I think we can agree that you'll not win anything without a combination of both.

despite wanting to watch some great brazilian football tonight I still want NK to do well, amatuer players in the world cup, they'll be looking forward to this so much and I feel sorry for them just being linked with their countries shitty politics

despite wanting to watch some great brazilian football tonight I still want NK to do well, amatuer players in the world cup, they'll be looking forward to this so much and I feel sorry for them just being linked with their countries shitty politics

Sympathy to the crying Korean! :)

to an extent, you can just tell it means so much more to him/them than the brazilians or the other big teams/players who get paid 100k + a week and know they've done it before or will again

to an extent, you can just tell it means so much more to him/them than the brazilians or the other big teams/players who get paid 100k + a week and know they've done it before or will again

I understand, and agree. They haven't started too bad tbf.

Are some of them really amateurs?

cant say Ive done research on it but according to the commentary most of the side arent pros

I am enjoying this game. Both teams giving everything. No diving. Opposition players picking each other up and patting them on the back.

Refreshing.

I expect a couple of moments of brilliance from the Brazliians to win it though.

Jong Tae Se (number 9) looks good and their skipper.

Aye both seem very handy - Kaka looks bloody awful but at least robhinho looks good - tremendously well organised first half performance from Korea.

My dad saw them in 66 because their group games were up here and he says they were really good but basically got kicked out of it by the ruskies -reckons it was one of the worst referee performances he has ever seen

Edited by Norbert Colon

NK doing well. Loads of running, supporting each other and sometimes first to the ball. If they only knew what to do with it they'd be dangerous. Lazy overpaid Brazilians looked to have turned up expecting to cruise it. COMEO ON NK!!!

NK doing well. Loads of running, supporting each other and sometimes first to the ball. If they only knew what to do with it they'd be dangerous. Lazy overpaid Brazilians looked to have turned up expecting to cruise it. COMEO ON NK!!!

complacency, no desire = problem for Brazil