Spain win 2010 WORLD CUP.

Park Life

Jonas at right back again for the Argies.

Says all you need to know about Maradona if he thinks Jonas is a better option at right back than Javier Zanetti. Or for that matter that Higuain is better option up front that Diego Milito.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed about Zanetti, but that seems to be a personality clash.

Higuain/Milito is slightly different. Higuain had a superb season(as did Milito), and Maradona certainly tried out all his options up front. Higuain impressed more than Aguero, Tevez and Milito.

Zanetti was dropped allegedly due to ignoring Maradonas tactics and (as captain) getting the rest of players together and deciding to use his own tactics to play the game.

It got them to the WC but unfortunately Maradona didn't forgive him.

Agreed about Zanetti, but that seems to be a personality clash.

Higuain/Milito is slightly different. Higuain had a superb season(as did Milito), and Maradona certainly tried out all his options up front. Higuain impressed more than Aguero, Tevez and Milito.

He'll never score an easier goal than their third there now.

What a fuck up by Demichelis.

Jonas does fuck all in that position, picks it up and knocks it square at best.

I'd take anything over 6m for him. Useless at best. :)

I'd take anything over 6m for him. Useless at best. :)

You say that but he wouldn't be replaced, would he?

Says all you need to know about Maradona if he thinks Jonas is a better option at right back than Javier Zanetti. Or for that matter that Higuain is better option up front that Diego Milito.

He's gonna win the golden boot now I've said that!

I'd take anything over 6m for him. Useless at best. :icon_lol:

You say that but he wouldn't be replaced, would he?

Course he would Alex.

There's a lad at West Allotment Celtic who can tie his own laces.

He'd fit the shirt seller's " Two for ten paahnd" transfer policy.

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Aye.

Iker Casillas found himself on the end of a post-match grilling like no other after Spain's defeat to Switzerland at the World Cup - from his journalist girlfriend.

The goalkeeper's error led to the only goal of the game as the Swiss caused the first real shock of the tournament at the Moses Mabhida Stadium in Durban.

And when he was confronted by his WAG Sara Carbonero live on television at full-time, she asked: "How did you muck that up?"

Casillas, who avoided making eye contact with her, said: "I don't know what to say.

"I don't know if this defeat will have consequences. The dressing room is fed-up."

Spanish players' WAGs, known as esposas y novias in their home country, are banned from accompanying them to the tournament, yet Carbonero is in South Africa on official business.

Before the World Cup, Carbonero had been forced to dismiss claims she would be a disruptive influence on Casillas, saying: "Can I destabilise the team? I think it's nonsense".

But after the match, angry Spanish fans were quick to accuse Casillas of allowing himself be distracted by Carbonero, who was stood just yards behind him when Gelson Fernandes struck to settle the Group H match.

Carbonero, once voted the sexiest journalist in the world, was accused of 'sapping strength' from Casillas on a number of Spanish football websites.

The result means Spain, the reigning European champions and pre-tournament favourites, prop up the group after their first round of games. They face Honduras on Monday before playing Chile four days later in their final group clash.

Not much sympathy there for the poor bugger :icon_lol:

2 observations from the Meheeeho v France game.

Salcido from Mexico looks an excellent fullback. Would love him at RB for the toon.

Ribery is over rated. There. I said it.

Edit: He'll prob win the game for them now.

Edited by Holden McGroin