What mood are you in and why?

catmag

11 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Today's work task is to help train the AI our new overlords want to replace us with.

I've been more motivated, I must say. :lol:

Programme it to translate everything in to Welsh, and only Welsh. 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Programme it to translate everything in to Welsh, and only Welsh. 

Irvine Welsh? I approve, this could be brilliant! :lol:

Dear client, you shitein cunt....

• Haha 5

Btw, I share your pain Meenz. Just back from a short break myself and my first task today is .... looking for another job. Voluntarily at the moment  I might add, but my work is gradually being outsouced to developing countries and the quality of their work is something I'm not willing to adapt to. Ridiculous false economy. 

• Sad 3

• 4 weeks later...

Bit concerned today.

The benefit of Oz is that it is hot.  The downside of Oz is that it is hot.

This is about 5 miles from our house, which is a bit worrying, with 40 degree heat and windy.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-11-23/bushfire-wanneroo-tapping-homes-razed-banksia-grove/103139376

Photos from last night :sad:

Untitled.jpg.7d57f7ed0fd7ff27eb1b022be12b098d.jpg

Untitled.jpg.29939305b0df4d6cf880234e6be4eaa4.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 8

Wind has started blowing the other way now (famous Fremantle Doctor for those who know their cricket), which is pushing it away but we are told it will take several days for it to be contained or controlled, never mind out.   

Apparently 10 house lost, as well as numerous sheds, caravans, etc.  Wife's friend has lost his Christmas Tree farm, which is a bit rough at this time of year.

Weather is okay for the next couple of days, but risk of thunderstorms at the weekend which could set off further fires in the dry undergrowth and then stronger winds again early next week.

Not supposed to be in the fire season yet, but the helicopters are hard at it.  Landing on the local football pitch to reload.  Quite exciting when it is not particularly close. :smile:

• Sad 1

Hope things sort themselves out. All the flooding and extreme weather we've had here has so far been pretty kind to the North East.

Living in one of the parts of the country where flooding is now a once every couple of years event must be dismal. Can't sell up and get out, and it's gonna get worse, not better.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Bit concerned today.

The benefit of Oz is that it is hot.  The downside of Oz is that it is hot.

This is about 5 miles from our house, which is a bit worrying, with 40 degree heat and windy.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-11-23/bushfire-wanneroo-tapping-homes-razed-banksia-grove/103139376

Photos from last night :sad:

Untitled.jpg.7d57f7ed0fd7ff27eb1b022be12b098d.jpg

Untitled.jpg.29939305b0df4d6cf880234e6be4eaa4.jpg

Me and the now semi-permanent Mrs PL stayed at the Manchep Hotel on our travels in 2016. Is that where the fire is? :jesuswept:

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Me and the now semi-permanent Mrs PL stayed at the Manchep Hotel on our travels in 2016. Is that where the fire is? :jesuswept:

If you mean Yanchep then it's another 35km north of here. It had a pretty bad fire itself a year or so ago. 

Apparently about 1700 hectares (no idea what that is in old money) gone. 

• Like 1

Urghhh. Developed terrible toothache yesterday,  I pay private so saw the dentist this morning and if I was in pain when I went in I was in agony by the time I left after he had done whatever the fuck he was doing to my teeth. They've been "varnished" which should help the pain settle down apparently but I might need my crown replaced with a root canal which sounds fun. Anyway, I am zonked out now on my mum's codeine stash and making repeated mistakes in my work. And I've just now noticed a fraudulent transaction on my credit card I need to deal with.  This happens all the fucking time with Barclaycard, anybody else suffered this? 

• 2 weeks later...

Canny day yesterday, been rough all weekend, go to see the doctor on my first official day as a person of unemployment, he tells me to go to hospital, I'm sitting waiting at the hospital and get an email about interview four of four I was in for and it was a KB like the other three, I'm then told they're keeping me in for a couple of nights and there's talk of dietary changes. I'm in the RVI if anyone wants to put me out of my misery?

On the plus side..... Some of the doctors and nurses......

Sweating James Mcavoy GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just keeping an eye in case it gets worse tbh. :good:I was supposed to contact 'The Nash' yesterday about being a benefit sponger but obviously I couldn't. If ever there was a good time for a chinless wonder Tory MP to visit hospitals and talk to patients NOW'S THE TIME MOTHERFUCKER! :lol:

• Haha 8