What mood are you in and why?

catmag

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Well, well, welll. Fish has now admitted to hating @Blastronaut, @ewerk  and @Welsh Magpie*. ANd he's not keen on the rest of us.

* Apologies to the user of this account if you see this. I couldn't think of any welsh users of the board and your name was first to pop up. Actually @thebrokendoll is almost welsh now I think. Fish hates you tbd. 

Wasn't Lou, the unicyclist, Welsh???

• Haha 2

Had sort of a perfect day today.

More or less got a promotion sorted even though I won’t have to deal with murderers in future which was fun (for me). Later getting told that quite a few officers are sad about it.

Got a good but not lenient sentence at a trial even the defendant accepted as just.

Beating City with a very good performance in the second half.

Opening some nice beer being very happy now.

• Like 4

'You are charged with a heinous offence of a very serious.....'

'cough, cough'

'....of a very serious matter and furthermore a sexua......'

'cough, cough, cough'

'.....sexual act and.....'

'cough, cough, cough.'

'.....I say! Have you tried sucking a fisherman's friend?'

'm'lud, I'm in enough trouble as it is!'

• Haha 6

Annoyed. First world problem I guess, but what a hassle yesterday was. My house is divided into two electrical circuits. One of them kept tripping yesterday, went around switching every appliance off I could think of but still kept happening. In desperation, I decided to plug my fridge freezer into the other circuit using an extension cord - I hadn't unplugged this as it difficult to access the plug to say the least and I hadn't suspected it. Anyway, it immediately trips theother circuit, so it's the cause. On a Sunday, just after a massive food shop. So now I have the hassle of trying to get another useless tradesman to fix the fridge and have had to throw out more tha a hundred quid of food. The device is a Samsung, less than 4 years old, really hoping I don't need to buy another one as I can't afford it at the moment. 

44 minutes ago, Renton said:

Annoyed. First world problem I guess, but what a hassle yesterday was. My house is divided into two electrical circuits. One of them kept tripping yesterday, went around switching every appliance off I could think of but still kept happening. In desperation, I decided to plug my fridge freezer into the other circuit using an extension cord - I hadn't unplugged this as it difficult to access the plug to say the least and I hadn't suspected it. Anyway, it immediately trips theother circuit, so it's the cause. On a Sunday, just after a massive food shop. So now I have the hassle of trying to get another useless tradesman to fix the fridge and have had to throw out more tha a hundred quid of food. The device is a Samsung, less than 4 years old, really hoping I don't need to buy another one as I can't afford it at the moment. 

Switches be trippin'

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Renton said:

Where'd you buy it from and did you get the extended warranty?

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Currys and no, who the fuck does that? 

Ah, John Lewis doe a 4yr as standard.

Who does it? Losers ands Nerds! That's who.

Im Not Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

14 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Ah, John Lewis doe a 4yr as standard.

Who does it? Losers ands Nerds! That's who.

Im Not Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Actually that's bollocks. The entire rest of the kitchen was purchased from JL, and fitted by them. They've been an unmitigated disaster, I've spent hundreds if not thousands correcting their mistakes. They simply refuse to honour anything. Recent example, the kitchen tap, JL branded,  cost £300 starts leaking. Says on the website it has a 5 year warranty. I try to claim this, and they tell me the warranty on the part it needs is just 3 years. Doesn't say that on their website or user instructions. Worst thing is, you try to put a polite review up, and they just block it. They used to be good, this is my third kitchen with them, but they are fucking shite now and I sadly predict they will go into administration within 5 years. 

Edit: Now you have me on my high horse below is a photo of the underside of my sink after they fitted it. I'm no plumber but even I can see there are no traps, the loose hosing is inadequate, etc. No surprise it starts leaking and emitting odours. Their response to this? "Sorry. If you want compensation then take us to the small claims court". I mean ffs! I had to pay to get it fixed. 

image.png.b089e82df42933dd357c3c29e1c74fdf.png

Edited by Renton

Sounds awful mate. Stressful as fuck.

Of course, our John Lewis purchases have gone brilliantly and when the coffee machine did break, they'd sent us out a new one before we'd even returned the broken one.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Sounds awful mate. Stressful as fuck.

Of course, our John Lewis purchases have gone brilliantly and when the coffee machine did break, they'd sent us out a new one before we'd even returned the broken one.

Bird Middle Finger GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Renton's Kitchen Nightmares. :lol:

Yep :lol:

Sink - fucked

Fridge freezer - fucked

Taps - fucked

Dishwasher - fucked

General plumbing - fucked

Electrics for lighting - fucked.

Flooring - wrong type delivered.

Not to mention the spoil pipe from the en suite leaking into the ceiling. Apart from that, it's all fine. 

Season 2 Smh GIF by The Lonely Island

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 2