What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Ok so I feel pretty young now... 2002 for me.

That said, on the comment about them formerly being harder - I can believe that. Saying that though, if they were based around 'remembering things' and regurgitating other people's theories, then they were still as useless in a practical sense for preparing anyone for the real world as they are now, I'd wager.

Gove goes on about how far ahead of us educationally the Chinese are, without any consideration of the fact that out of a population of 1 billion people, they have almost no original ideas about anything.

I've seen kids come into the workplace with A* passes at GCSE maths unable to do the simple mental arithmetic required to set out work from a drawing, its fuckin shocking tbh. And this is from someone not allowed within ten miles of the O level stream for that subject.

I like to think I'd have probably gone to uni if I was any good at maths, but at HMHM says all I was interested in was watching Pedro and Gazza on a Saturday afternoon. Around the time I was thinking about leaving school I was skint and wanted to go to some game or other, asked my old man for a sub which ended in a blazing row "earn your own money if you want to stay under this roof" was the message. Later that week he came back from his graft and informed me "there'll be no more problems with you getting money for football from now on" "hows that then?" I replied.."You start your apprentiship at Hendersons on Monday" And that was fuckin that. Got As for O level English and Chemistry, Bs for French and Biology... not sure I regret not seeing the bigger picture and staying on at school but I would like to have had 3 or 4 years on grant funded piss ups like some of my mates did.

Ok so I feel pretty young now... 2002 for me.

That said, on the comment about them formerly being harder - I can believe that. Saying that though, if they were based around 'remembering things' and regurgitating other people's theories, then they were still as useless in a practical sense for preparing anyone for the real world as they are now, I'd wager.

Gove goes on about how far ahead of us educationally the Chinese are, without any consideration of the fact that out of a population of 1 billion people, they have almost no original ideas about anything.

2008 for me just to make you feel older again ;)

Am 4 or 5 years older than HMHM, but to be fair he looks older then me :)

:spit:

I'm 41 this year, look at least 5 years younger. This is PL relaxing in the bath after a hard shift sitting in the canteen ignoring phone calls from harassed shipyard workers wanting a trip reset in the Pompey docks.......

Image_3_404617272.jpg

The only 'O' levels I had to do some work for were Maths and Physics (the one's where you couldn't just make up stuff). :lol: I honestly made up so much nonsense about books I hadn't read they probably thought I'd read widely. ;)

Sociology was the one where I hadn't read anything at all and launched into a massive case study about council estates and alienation without any clue about either...'A'. :lol: (All from a quick skim read of Cotgrove and Parsons on the morning of the exam).

Strange, most of us on here see through your bullshitting straight away.

;)

Our house is up for sale

A couple have viewed it twice and said its the only house they want that theyve seen

Coincidentally we want to buy the house they have up for sale

We offered full price if they gave us full price

They said they can only afford £6k under our full price

We said we will take £3k under our full price

Their estate agent rang to say they are interested but have a viewing on Tuesday and Thursday on their house and will review things then

I'm confused. Even if their viewers Tuesday/Thursday offer them full price (as we have) my house isn't going to magically drop price? In fact if they sell their house to someone else, my house might just got back up to full price again just because theyre being tits!

Edited by TheRollingStones

shite mood for the third week on the bounce.

i was going to go back to the gym today after two weeks off recovering from injuries but i've got a horrible knot in my back that's causing acute pain right up to my neck so i'm stuck at my desk feeling lame.

my new kitchen, which was supposed to be finished weeks ago, has been delayed by another week by another unbelievable excuse - first of all they dropped the bespoke corian work surface breaking it and the built-in sink, which had to be re-ordered from germany. now all the fitters apparently have viral meningitis so can't come until fuck knows when - to make matters worse the pipework connecting the tap in our temporary kitchen sink is leaking on the new oak floorboards.

the worst news though, and one which puts all my gripes in perspective, is a good friend of mine has just been diagnosed with MS at the age of 34. i have no idea what she must be going through. fucking tragedy.

shit month all round.

Edited by Dr Gloom

shite mood for the third week on the bounce.

i was going to go back to the gym today after two weeks off recovering from injuries but i've got a horrible knot in my back that's causing acute pain right up to my neck so i'm stuck at my desk feeling lame.

my new kitchen, which was supposed to be finished weeks ago, has been delayed by another week by another unbelievable excuse - first of all they dropped the bespoke corian work surface breaking it and the built-in sink, which had to be re-ordered from germany. now all the fitters apparently have viral meningitis so can't come until fuck knows when - to make matters worse the pipework connecting the tap in our temporary kitchen sink is leaking on the new oak floorboards.

the worst news though, and one which puts all my gripes in perspective, is a good friend of mine has just been diagnosed with MS at the age of 34. i have no idea what she must be going through. fucking tragedy.

shit month all round.

You need a good rebalancing of your energy fields. Go to a fast flowing river and get some rocks, put them under your bed.

if i fell in a barrel of tits this month, i'd come out sucking me thumb.

feeling more positive today though. back not as bad as yesterday. determined to go to the gym later. work top fitters apparently coming later today.

though you should all no doubt hold tight for more depressing breaking news, coming later. stay on the edge of your seats till then.

if i fell in a barrel of tits this month, i'd come out sucking me thumb.

feeling more positive today though. back not as bad as yesterday. determined to go to the gym later. work top fitters apparently coming later today.

though you should all no doubt hold tight for more depressing breaking news, coming later. stay on the edge of your seats till then.

Sounds risky.

The house situation gets better. Got a phone call from the estate agent.

'They have had an offer on their house so would like to give you an opportunity to up your offer. They are still willing to offer you £6k less for your house if you offer them significantly more than their asking price for there's .....'

:lol:

I bit anyway, I said I'll give them £5k more for theirs to match the outstanding offer but would expect full price for mine in return. Got a phone call straight back, 'they've decided they don't like the lack of parking in your street so don't want your house anymore.'

What a bunch of cunts. Not sure why we've spent two weeks doing this dance and had them nebbing round our house twice if that's the case.