What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Feeling pretty lucky, second child just born, wife and baby doing well

11162199_10205424298539225_7821180835439

Awesome news! I'm in the same boat except my second is 7 weeks now. Brilliant feeling isn't it

Really?

Just had this text off the wife regarding my four year old sons antics this morning.

That kind of strategic thinking should be applauded, not bemoaned.

Also, I bet your girls have caused you just as much bother, however when they are teens... that's surely when the shit hits the fans?

Young Peein' Broguey* will seem like a fucking saint compared to that, surely?

*(Ian Broudie? Nah that's too much of a stretch, isn't it... fuck It I'm going with it)

Little girls are easier to manage than little boys in general. It's only a rule of thumb as ever kid is different but when girls are little it's all princess shite and playing imaginary games whereas lads want to climb and fall off things.

Having said that you can see the trouble to come on the girl side. I take mine to school and if she is wearing some new shoes or something, the first thing her mates do is start talking about them and our one will start posing and showing them off like a model. She's 4 ffs. I suppose growing up in central Paris its to be expected but I never realised how quickly it would come to that. They are also, like all girls I guess, bitchy as hell about each other :lol:

That kind of strategic thinking should be applauded, not bemoaned.

Also, I bet your girls have caused you just as much bother, however when they are teens... that's surely when the shit hits the fans?

Young Peein' Broguey* will seem like a fucking saint compared to that, surely?

*(Ian Broudie? Nah that's too much of a stretch, isn't it... fuck It I'm going with it)

I agree, genius thinking :lol:

Had three girls and they are a worry but all are fairly sensible. Boys just seem to have no fear whatsoever.

And then there's the playing with their John Thomas. Nothing quite prepares you for a small child attacking their privates like some sort of stretch Armstrong toy :lol:

Awesome news! I'm in the same boat except my second is 7 weeks now. Brilliant feeling isn't it

it is brilliant!! i forgot how small newborns are, my oldest looks like a giant compared to her sister.

I agree, genius thinking :lol:

Had three girls and they are a worry but all are fairly sensible. Boys just seem to have no fear whatsoever.

And then there's the playing with their John Thomas. Nothing quite prepares you for a small child attacking their privates like some sort of stretch Armstrong toy :lol:

Look mam, it's like dads only bigger!

Little girls are easier to manage than little boys in general. It's only a rule of thumb as ever kid is different but when girls are little it's all princess shite and playing imaginary games whereas lads want to climb and fall off things.

Having said that you can see the trouble to come on the girl side. I take mine to school and if she is wearing some new shoes or something, the first thing her mates do is start talking about them and our one will start posing and showing them off like a model. She's 4 ffs. I suppose growing up in central Paris its to be expected but I never realised how quickly it would come to that. They are also, like all girls I guess, bitchy as hell about each other :lol:

Wait to they reach their teenage years, then it's all different.

Little girls are easier to manage than little boys in general.

Totally disagree (but then I would) Friends who have girls tell me stories of much more volatile tempers, far more self-awareness at a much younger age, girls being more devious, more mind-games etc. I think boys are more straightforward and simple in their outlook. I know for a fact that I'm undoubtedly spoiled as the bairn is far more grown-up, cautious, thoughtful and considerate than I deserve and hasn't given me a scrap of bother since the day he was born. I think having a girl would scare me, especially seeing how fast they grow-up (both physically and psychologically)

Everyone has different experiences. From a personal perspective, i would agree as our boy is easier than the girl.

I was basing my general view (and to be clear i mean for toddlers / young, not from 6 years upwards as i dont know children in that age group well) on my observations amongst friends. What i observe is the parents with 2 boys expending more energy and in more chaos than the parents with 2 girls. All our mates seem to have one pair or the other so that might also affect what i see, i.e. when mixed or single they interact differently.

I would just like to say that i find your friend's characterisation of their girls as 'devious' and playing 'mind-games' as a bit troubling. Would you say thats what women are like? Does it strike you as odd that mothers refer to their daughters in this way? At what age do they mean? Adolescence? I see examples of my girl trying to use her affection or emotion to gain influence over something she wants but i see this as natural and as its done by a (nearly) 5 year old i'm kind of comfortable seeing it as the innocent childs play it is. Not mind-games :lol: She is used to hearing the word 'no' and doesnt get what she wants so she negotiates. Am happy with that i think but who knows where its all leading :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Strange couple of days. One of the lads at work went home as normal after his shift on Wednesday night and then we got a call early Thursday morning to say he'd passed away suddenly. He died in his sleep apparently - simple as that. He cheerily said goodbye to everyone at 6pm, was meant to be back in work at 8 the next morning and then was just.... gone. It's left everyone shellshocked. Certainly makes you take stock of who and what is important in amongst all the day-to-day shit that we grumble about.

I've got two girls. One is 6 and at school. Just recently was called in for parent-teacher interviews and the teacher was saying how all the girls don't get on because they're bitching about and at one another all the time. They start early man. :lol:

Wait to they reach their teenage years, then it's all different.

As a single Dad to two girls this scares the shit out of me. Everyone I speak to says it.

Strange couple of days. One of the lads at work went home as normal after his shift on Wednesday night and then we got a call early Thursday morning to say he'd passed away suddenly. He died in his sleep apparently - simple as that. He cheerily said goodbye to everyone at 6pm, was meant to be back in work at 8 the next morning and then was just.... gone. It's left everyone shellshocked. Certainly makes you take stock of who and what is important in amongst all the day-to-day shit that we grumble about.

Wow.

Sorry to hear that Cath.

Awful, sorry to hear that. Similar happened to a friend of my brother in law recently - just went so sleep and didn't wake up and was found the next day. No health conditions that anyone knew about and only early 40s. Terrifying. :(