The Labour Leadership Campaign

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been more involved than the Labour party than most on here though. Belief in homeopathy us an anathema to a pharmacologist like myself.

Fair enough; he was never going to be someone that any of us embraced wholeheartedly though. It's odd this, because you're saying that you can't vote for Labour now they have him, and I'm saying I wouldn't have been able to vote for them if they didn't. They were fucked either way in a sense; there were a great many people who simply didn't believe in them any more, whom Corbyn has brought back into the fold. On the other hand, clearly not everyone was disillusioned with them (yourself) and this sudden hijacking of the party must be a real pain given that you see this as making Labour unelectable.

The thing is though, as that BBC article that Gemmill has highlighted makes clear, the Tories are occupying the 'centreground' on many issues - they may now be closer to your views than a Corbyn led Labour. Don't you find that a bit disconcerting? I reckon it's because the Tories have repackaged the 'right' as the 'centre', but the point is that Labour were endorsing that position and fighting ever increasing rightward battles. This feels like we've hit reset on that, at least.

His belief or my reaction? Seriously find this guy frustrating. I completely agree with him on many, many issues but vehemently oppose him on so many others. On balance I don't think I can vote for him though.

I meant MPs defecting to the Tories because of close links with Osbourne but you replied before I did.

His belief or my reaction? Seriously find this guy frustrating. I completely agree with him on many, many issues but vehemently oppose him on so many others. On balance I don't think I can vote for him though.

Your lack of reseach into something you want to disagree with was depressingly forseeable.

His "support" equated to signing an EDM allowing people access to homeopathy as "It seems to work for some people". This was in 210 and was also signed by the current minister for health Jeremy Hunt.

I assume you will be supporting the Lib Dems or the Greens from now on then.

I've been more involved than the Labour party than most on here though. Belief in homeopathy us an anathema to a pharmacologist like myself.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you once say you'd use homeopathy on your eczema or am I thinking of someone else?

Not a defendant by the way - I think it's criminal fraud but as KCG said I think signing that EDM is a pretty minor crime. Something like Blair's religion is a much bigger issue for me.

Your lack of reseach into something you want to disagree with was depressingly forseeable.

His "support" equated to signing an EDM allowing people access to homeopathy as "It seems to work for some people". This was in 210 and was also signed by the current minister for health Jeremy Hunt.

I assume you will be supporting the Lib Dems or the Greens from now on then.

I know what he's Saud 're: homeopathy, I didn't find out through the Daily Mail (who would probably endorse his viewpoint on this).

In 2020 I'll consider voting for Corbyn's successor I guess.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you once say you'd use homeopathy on your eczema or am I thinking of someone else?

Not a defendant by the way - I think it's criminal fraud but as KCG said I think signing that EDM is a pretty minor crime. Something like Blair's religion is a much bigger issue for me.

Nah, that was Spongebob Toonpants.

Yeah? Which bit in particular did Cameron succeed with? The housing question?

It's the method. By not following up on any of Cameron's answers it just lets him reel off anything at all without been challenged.

Cameron tried the same tac in 2005 but it didn't last long.